What Types of Trips....

Jacqueline and I have enjoyed the trips I have won. For the most part there were all "play time" and we could do pretty much what we wanted. We opted out of the scheduled tours and usually hired our own driver to see and spend more time in the places we were interested in.

We have been to: Virgin Islands, Bermuda, London, Hawaii, Canada, Rome, Jamaica, Cancun, Las Vegas and New Orleans.

Its rare that a company sponsored trip is to somewhere that I actually want to go or have not been to already, also with time constraints I would much rather go somewhere that I plan out! (and to a resort or hotel of my choosing)

While the trips sometimes can be nice motivators, dont get into this business for the trips.

If you do the right thing for the client you will be spreading your business out to some extent anyway and it will make it less and less likely to qualify for trips.

Dont get caught up in trying to produce for one particular company just because of a trip, you will be doing your clients a disservice.

And as stated before, if you do the right thing and spread your business out; you will more than be able to afford any one of those trips on your own!

Its rare that a company sponsored trip is to somewhere that I actually want to go or have not been to already, also with time constraints I would much rather go somewhere that I plan out! (and to a resort or hotel of my choosing)

While the trips sometimes can be nice motivators, dont get into this business for the trips.

If you do the right thing for the client you will be spreading your business out to some extent anyway and it will make it less and less likely to qualify for trips.

Dont get caught up in trying to produce for one particular company just because of a trip, you will be doing your clients a disservice.

And as stated before, if you do the right thing and spread your business out; you will more than be able to afford any one of those trips on your own!

Excellent advice. The trips I won when I was captive were a nice little bonus but as an independent agent Jacqueline and I have been able to take more trips, as you said, to places we want to go and stay as long as we want to. Being independent is much better.

It is always best to spread one's business among several companies.

Besides, who wants to take a trip with a bunch of insurance agent who spend the entire time telling you how "big and powerful" they are? :D

True, you can just spend time on this forum for that nonsense.

Besides, who wants to take a trip with a bunch of insurance agent who spend the entire time telling you how "big and powerful" they are?
I'm going to the Bahamas this February, nicely timed for my birthday.

:1cool:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Third prize? You're fired!

I won a first prize one-week trip to Camden, NJ. The second prize was a two-week trip to Camden, NJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two years in, I was fortunate enough to get a week in New Orleans during Jazz Festival. Crazy!!! Boston was nuts. Nothing to do. I was single, a lot of bored type A agents. We tore up the Plaza. What happened in Boston stayed in Boston. OMG!
Been to Hawaii several times. I proposed to my wife on Maui. My Kids swam with Dolphins on Kona. I gave up Spain because my son was graduating from MCRD San Diego. Rode a mountain bike down from a volcano. Several others.

I graduated from MCRD San Diego too, 37 years ago. Please tell your son I am proud of him! Today's Marines are some of the best.

I graduated from MCRD San Diego too, 37 years ago. Please tell your son I am proud of him! Today's Marines are some of the best.

Thanks, I will.

I think his time in the Sandbox (OIF) was harder on me than on him.

He just went back in as a Reserve. Once a Marine.........

Many talk the talk, few walk the walk.
Thank you for your service to our Country.

have you been on? It sounds like different companies offer trips based on hitting certain numbers? Where have some of this trips taken you? What do most of the conventions have going on?

Galapagos Islands, Ecuador, Azore Islands and Lisbon, Portugal, Mexico, Buenos Aires and Mendoza, Argentina...I would have never traveled to some of these destinations on my own...Priceless experiences...

Back