What would you do

I would do the right thing and help them convert their AARP into a Whole Life regardless of what the cost is. That will assure that there's no waiting period. If they wanted to add on I would throw it at Great Western and see if it sticks.

Oh, then I would ask them what they are doing with their healthcare :)

And then ask them about any monies set aside for anything, etc, etc. :biggrin:

And then ask them about any monies set aside for anything, etc, etc. :biggrin:

Yes indeed. Once you open Pandora's Box you never know what's going to come out. It always amazes me to see the look on agents faces when they first learn to ask a few additional questions and the client spits out all the answers. You can see that sinking feeling happening, "You mean I've been missing out on all this stuff because I didn't ask a simple question or two?" It's never too late to start asking more questions.:biggrin:

Yes indeed. Once you open Pandora's Box you never know what's going to come out. It always amazes me to see the look on agents faces when they first learn to ask a few additional questions and the client spits out all the answers. You can see that sinking feeling happening, "You mean I've been missing out on all this stuff because I didn't ask a simple question or two?" It's never too late to start asking more questions.:biggrin:
Yes, and they can always go back to those clients and rectify the situation. :yes:

You're correct, but I don't trust Great Western.

Based on their wacky underwriting and my experience with them, I wouldn't risk my client's incontestibility.

They only get GI business from me.

I have read the UW Guide, that's why I recommended Great Western. :yes:
From Pages 14 and 15.
V
V
V
"Exemption for Prescribed Maintenance Medication and Accompanying Treatment All medications taken or prescribed to applicant for disqualifying conditions during the past two years must satisfy the maintenance medication exemption as described below or the applicant should select “Yes” to question three on the application. Applicants are not required to select “Yes” to question three if the prescription(s) that they have are for maintenance medication. Maintenance medications are those medications that have remained the same (or the generic equivalent) over the past two years. These are drugs that have been prescribed for chronic, long-term conditions and are taken on a regular and recurring basis; medications that have been prescribed for use “as needed” are not included in this definition. The prescribed dosage can have decreased over the past two years, but it cannot have increased during that time."

"Listed below are the names of some common illnesses associated with the disorders named in the health questions. Being diagnosed with, receiving treatment or taking medication for any of the diseases or disorders below disqualifies the individual for first-day coverage, unless the treatment received and/or medication taken meets the conditions mentioned above for exemption."

"Heart Disorders – includes, but is not limited to, the following: Angina Pectoris Heart Attack Congenital Heart Disease Ischemic Heart Disorder Congestive Heart Failure Myocardial Infarction Coronary Artery Disease Pacemaker Coronary Insufficiency Valvular Diseases Coronary Occlusion"

You're correct, but I don't trust Great Western.

Based on their wacky underwriting and my experience with them, I wouldn't risk my client's incontestibility.

They only get GI business from me.

That's fair. I don't write them enough to have much track record. 5 maybe 6 policies a year. You have had specific things happen? I would be interested in hearing about them. PM me if you don't feel comfortable sharing in public. I would understand that.

I've pushed a lot of stuff through them that would never stick elsewhere. I always tell the client that the odds are against them getting day one but it's worth a shot. I then have to break out my abacus and explain the 25% bonus if the get immediate death benefit etc etc. If someone has CHF and needs coverage it's a no brainer to at least give it a shot.

Back