• $200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $250

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Less than $95

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will tell you what the biggest challenge and only challenge is---the time involved! Every time I write a blog post it ends up on Page 1 of Google. If I write a post on Lincoln Moneyguard, it is on Page 1. If I write a post on long term care and diabetes it is on page 1; if I write a post on State farm long term care insurance, it is on Page 1. So why am I not a blogging machine? Why am I not setting aside 90 minutes a day to write a post? Why can I not write more than 1 post every 6 weeks? Because , I have no time that is why!! I am too busy producing, there is no time for writing!

Two options:

1. Outsource, outsource, outsource. Why not hire an article writer to shoulder the load?

2. Transcription service. There are software programs like Dragon Dictation or mobile services like CopyTalk or Mobile Assistant that all you have to do is call in a post and they email it to you already typed out. Sometimes I can just call in a post in my car and within an hour it's emailed to me ready to go. For more detailed posts, I'll spend 5 minutes outlining it, call it in and same result.

Sounds like you have the expertise to get more clients with your writing skills. Now you just need to leverage your time/resources and get that much more out of it. :biggrin:

Two options:

1. Outsource, outsource, outsource. Why not hire an article writer to shoulder the load?

2. Transcription service. There are software programs like Dragon Dictation or mobile services like CopyTalk or Mobile Assistant that all you have to do is call in a post and they email it to you already typed out. Sometimes I can just call in a post in my car and within an hour it's emailed to me ready to go. For more detailed posts, I'll spend 5 minutes outlining it, call it in and same result.

Sounds like you have the expertise to get more clients with your writing skills. Now you just need to leverage your time/resources and get that much more out of it. :biggrin:

I would rather not dilute the quality of my website with generic content, that is why.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ltc, couldn't you be writing content instead of posts? that seems easy enough

I post from my iPhone after the day is done; late at night, or on weekends; Monday-Friday I work at the office. I do not work on weekends; nor do I have a computer at home to write a blog post. I turn my office off when I am home. When I am in my office I follow up on business. I have no time to write content. I am too busy producing. I do not get paid to write. I get paid to produce. But that doesn't mean I will pay an *** with an IQ less than 135 to write for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"ltc," I'd like to see your writing. Can you point us to some of the work you have done that has come up #1 on Google?

I've been writing on the net for 15 years (starting with AOL in '93) and I've never been near #1 on any subject search (w/o location.)

I've been on the first page of Google, but ONLY if you show 50 items and not the usual 10 or 20!!!

It is quite an accomplishment to consistently have your work come up #1 on Google, even for a day! I'd sure like to see some of your pieces so maybe I can learn how to get to #1 myself someday. Others here might also be interested in seeing your literary technique. Good job.

Al
I am here

Al, you have been on my website, just go to my blog posts and read the content. Al, do you have memory recall issues? Just asking?

Last edited:
Al, you have been on my website, just go to my blog posts and read the content. Al, do you have memory recall issues? Just asking?

Recall issues, counselor?

Don't you think that is a somewhat nasty attitude to display?

Well, you ARE a lawyer.

Asked and answered, I guess.

Sorry I don't remember your site or your blog. Maybe it is because I am in my 60s and have recall issues.

But it could be because the content of both didn't resonate with me.

If you are ranking #1 on Google with your blog articles, then I guess the old Hebrew saying:

dahlif.jpg

(Da Lifnei mi atah Omed) applies to all of us here.

You have a great resume... Boston U law, Brandeis BA, a CFP designation, and the attitude to go with all three.

Hitting #1 rankings time after time is quite an achievement... I bow before you with admiration. I've never hit #1 once.

As the baseball player, Dizzy Dean once said "It's not bragging if you can do it," and you're doing it... "tude' and all.

Good work. I'm sure we all can learn from you. Too bad you don't want to teach us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, you ARE a lawyer.

Asked and answered, I guess.

Sorry I don't remember your site or your blog. Maybe it is because I am in my 60s and have recall issues.

If you are ranking #1 on Google with your blog articles, then I guess the old Hebrew saying:

dahlif.jpg

You have a great resume... Boston U law, Brandeis BA, a CFP designation, and the attitude to go with all three.

Hitting #1 rankings time after time is quite an achievement... I bow before you with admiration. I've never hit #1 once.

As the baseball player, Dizzy Dean once said "It's not bragging if you can do it," and you're doing it... "tude' and all.

Good work. I'm sure we all can learn from you. Too bad you don't want to teach us.

Wasn't trying to be nasty, per se. I was just curious if you had memory recall issues, and there is only one way for me to ask a question such as that. I don't know how to teach, Al. Not my strongsuit. Just know how to produce; and I know nothing about technology. I figure I just answer my phone when it rings; complete an application when a client requests it. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

Well, you ARE a lawyer.

Asked and answered, I fetes.

dahlif.jpg

I seem to recall you not believing in SEO?

I seem to recall you not believing in SEO?

I believe that SEO is the current snake-oil of the Internet.

Those who claim to know don't tell and those who tell, don't know.

SEO is blue smoke and mirrors paid for by the truly gullible.

YMMV

I believe that SEO is the current snake-oil of the Internet.

Those who claim to know don't tell and those who tell, don't know.

SEO is blue smoke and mirrors paid for by the truly gullible.

YMMV

Surely results speak for themselves?

Whoever Jack is using for his SEO is clearly getting the job done and doing a great job of it. Considering that he paid someone $X to do (fill in the blank) and now he's getting the results he wants out of it, does that mean that snake-oil is working?

The OP on another thread with a similar conversation going on right now (Raph something) has gone another route, but demonstrated to himself that SEO does indeed work.

In as many times as you've used the word luddite, I'm surprised you're so readily dismissive of an entire industry. The comment I'm specifically referring to is when you say "SEO is blue smoke and mirrors paid for by the truly gullible." I think that puts a fine point on your position and I find it surprising.

SEO vendors would have you believe that they can "outsmart" several thousand well-trained and highly-paid software engineers at Google who know that that everyone is trying to "game" their system.

At best SEO is a rapidly moving target and while a so-called SEO expert might be able to achieve some short-term success in the end, at worst, it is more often a scam.

The "best" expert on SEO is Google itself and I'm told that the information they publish on how to achieve a ranking is free.

I understand what you are saying Al but I have plenty pf clients who paid me my typical for SEO (about 5k).

Every one of them (well, most of them) have achieved results that place them on the first 10 pages for selected SEO phrases. The few that didn't hit the target made unreasonable requests (like ranking on the first five pages within 12 months). I refunded 20% of their fees (less expenses) so obviously that was a fair gesture.

And my Association fees of $89 per year are given to all of clients free (for 3 months) and that's a bargain.

My point...SEO lives and is worth every penny you pay for.

Its depend on your post if you had a post 750 words than $95 is ok .Otherwise if you have 250 post than less than $95..... because mostly companies pay $20 to$25 for 1000 words.....

Back