What's the Best Way to Market FE?

Those $275/1000 mailers are crap

Get contracted with MOO- you can buy turning 65 year-old lists real cheap

Get them all in and around a particualr area

Get you about 50 of them, power down a couple bowls of Captain Crunch and get out the door-

Those people get hammered with Medicare flyers and mailers-

The approach is simple

*knock knock*

"Hi Mrs Smith, my name is______, and Mutual of Omaha asked me to stop by and see if you had any questions about our packet we sent to you in regards to Medicare Supplement and Final expense?"

If that dont work... eat another bowl of Captain Crunch and hit the next house...

OK forgive me but why the 'flack' for this method? :skeptical:

What about canvassing an area with door hangers? Anybody ever tried that? Had any luck with it or complete waste of time and money?

What about canvassing an area with door hangers? Anybody ever tried that? Had any luck with it or complete waste of time and money?

I do door hangers in the summer time. I get more response back from people watching me place it on their doors and asking me what I"m doing than just leaving it on the door.

I have to walk 1 hour a day and might as well do something to try to make more money while doing it.

I'm also going to be taking water bottles to the walking track soon and letting them know that if they lose some weight they might get a better rate on their insurance and all.

Yeah, if I want to market for FE the first place I'm going to start is with a T-65 list from MoO. I see the point now.:laugh:

Well we know how you do it and it works for you and I for one admire you along with others. THE QUESTION IS, if you were to do it another way, what would your plan B be and don't say cross sell from a med sup :-P

Well we know how you do it and it works for you and I for one admire you along with others. THE QUESTION IS, if you were to do it another way, what would your plan B be and don't say cross sell from a med sup :-P

To market for FE as your primary job there is no other way to do it than by direct mail. Do them yourself or buy the leads from someone that is doing the mailing.

Nothing else works with any consistancy for selling FE as a full time occupation. To dabble in FE, there are many, many way. Cross selling with a med sup is one of those.

Leave the Capt outta this

Market yourself...

Use other marketing companies $$ to your advantage

Those people dont know who sent what.. claim it as yours...

Remember- you're a salesman with an insurance license

Last edited:
To market for FE as your primary job there is no other way to do it than by direct mail. Do them yourself or buy the leads from someone that is doing the mailing.

Nothing else works with any consistancy for selling FE as a full time occupation. To dabble in FE, there are many, many way. Cross selling with a med sup is one of those.

I can see that I guess and I know you are good at what you do.

Let's just say that an agent primarily does med sups, however, they know of some areas which might be good stomping grounds for going and doing some door knocking. Could that be an effective method and perhaps bring some door hangers with ya or no, waste of time?

I have never tried it but i would like to. If and when I do I'll report my findings. Just wondering about that method or any other suggestions. I know this is a widely discussed topic but it seems like we need a really good thread on this besides the buying mailers route.

Discussing some ways of going out there and getting in the trenches and what tools to have in your bag type of thing. Just a thought.

I can see that I guess and I know you are good at what you do.

Let's just say that an agent primarily does med sups, however, they know of some areas which might be good stomping grounds for going and doing some door knocking. Could that be an effective method and perhaps bring some door hangers with ya or no, waste of time?

I have never tried it but i would like to. If and when I do I'll report my findings. Just wondering about that method or any other suggestions. I know this is a widely discussed topic but it seems like we need a really good thread on this besides the buying mailers route.

Discussing some ways of going out there and getting in the trenches and what tools to have in your bag type of thing. Just a thought.

There are many ways to dabble in FE. Hanging door knockers would be one of them. I've never done door knockers, but, I know of several agent that have. They are unamimous that it wasn't worth it. I also thought a newspaper insert would be a good idea once. I talked to many agents that had done that, including Newby, and they were unamimous that it wasn't worth their time. Newby was the only one that said he broke even on the deal.

Everything works a little bit and nothing works great all the time. I do some of that stuff for med sups as i only dabble in med sups. I don't dabble in FE, that is my bread and butter. I don't know of a successful FE agent anywhere that doesn't use use leads. Even the succesful door knocking FE agents that I know are doorknocking people that sent in a reply card.

Back