When Emailing Proposals...

I've looked at the Quotit system before and I liked it.

I haven't been able to find where you see what carriers that are available for the broker to pick from. I'm appointed with about 3 dozen life/health carriers and I like having that freedom to offer clients the best of breed. Some I never write (Unicare), some I write a lot (Golden Rule). But is it in the process of purchasing the package that you choose the carriers?

BTW, I got the email...thanks, BV!

Once I figure out the above, I think I'm going to sign up for this service. I just have some questions...

Quotit has contracts with several carriers for health. Can't say on the life side but I do know their basic system includes a free life quote engine.

Which carriers are available depends mostly on the state. I know it took them a while to roll out Aetna in all states. When Humana changed their portfolio here in GA it took close to a month to get all the bugs worked out. (Most of the issue was on the carrier side).

I use multiple carriers too but most of my business right now is GR or Humana. I can illustrate Aetna, BX, KP and Celtic in addition to GR & Humana. I can't tell you when I placed a case with Celtic so they are just "there".

You can pick the plans to illustrate but some of the options (such as ER or maternity) may not be readily available on Quotit.

Quotit (Norvax or any other quote engine) is not designed to replace agent input. It can only take the consumer so far. For some, that is enough to let them see a plan they like and allow them to purchase it.

I will write 4 - 5 cases a year with almost no interaction with the client. Picked up an HSA with Humana last week that way. The guy kept running quotes but put in a bogus phone number. I kept deleting him from the database but he kept coming back any way. When I was notified he was trying to access an app for Humana I sent him a link that would work directly from Humana workbench.

He delayed a few days to the point the link expired so he had to call me. When we finally talked he was pleasant enough and willing to let me help but he wanted to do it all by himself.

I answered a few questions he still had which helped to create a bit of a relationship and sent him an updated link. A few hours later I was notified by Humana he had submitted the app.

That's a $700 commission I probably would not have had without Quotit.

Found money is nice, but that is not what having a quote engine is about. It is just another tool to differentiate you from the other guys. This is especially important if you work shared internet leads.

Give me a call if you want to know more. I don't feel like doing a commercial for Quotit on this forum.

What I like about Quotit is that it saves me a lot of time (especially the auto-responders). It's like having a 2nd secretary doing proposals and quotes for me.

Do you think it's worth it to do add their quote engine to your website? i think it's about $40 extra each month...

I don't use the Quotit website but I do have a link to the quote engine on my site.

And I don't pay an extra $40. Just the regular monthly fee for the engine, no responders.

How much do you pay for that quote engine link? It would be perfect for my website...

I'm already using Quotit just for proposals and emailing clients quotes. So, basically, I'm just looking to add a similar link to my site.

Last edited:
$80/month for everything.

Since you are using Quotit, just ask them for a link. There is no additional charge for a link.

Back