Which FMOs should I look at at?

You need appointments with carriers prior to writing. That’s the biggest thing Todd King does. He’s the middle man between you and the insurance company (who doesn’t want to deal with agents.)

Once you’re appointed, you can write business.

Todd and Matt do a great job of analyzing your market and showing you the best companies (for the agent and client) to represent. Also, the off you phone assistance as well.

I’m signed with another imo for my IL contracts and don’t even suggest them.

So being "appointed" is just a euphemism for being set up to sell insurance?

Who am I officially appointed to? The FMO or to the various insurance companies? Do you have to get appointed to each and every company for which you sell products?

What's relationship between independent agents and FMOs? How are they FMOs imbursed by the insurance companies?

You have to be appointed to the insurance company through the IMO. As I understand it, you’re not even licensed yet.

Start off by talking to Todd and Matt.

Give Todd a call and he can explain all of this to you. :yes:

So being "appointed" is just a euphemism for being set up to sell insurance?

Who am I officially appointed to? The FMO or to the various insurance companies? Do you have to get appointed to each and every company for which you sell products?

What's relationship between independent agents and FMOs? How are they FMOs imbursed by the insurance companies?
Give Todd a call and he can explain all of this to you. :yes:

https://insurance-forums.com/community/members/todd-king.3501/

RMN19, below is our contact information in my signature.

Give us a call. We are more than willing to help. If you have not gotten your license yet, you still may want to get a discount for that.

RMN19, below is our contact information in my signature.

Give us a call. We are more than willing to help. If you have not gotten your license yet, you still may want to get a discount for that.

Hey Todd, can you explain the difference between an IMO like yourself and an agency that takes on independent agents? An example being something like https://gantins.com/become-an-agent/

From what I can tell, an IMO is more hands off but provides higher commissions while an actually agency might offer more in terms of support and training but offers lower commissions. Is that close or completely wrong?

Hey Todd, can you explain the difference between an IMO like yourself and an agency that takes on independent agents? An example being something like https://gantins.com/become-an-agent/

From what I can tell, an IMO is more hands off but provides higher commissions while an actually agency might offer more in terms of support and training but offers lower commissions. Is that close or completely wrong?

You are very close. I'm not sure how Gant is set up, but if they are more of a captive agency, then yes, they would probably provide more hands on training that we would. However, between FE101.com, MedicareTraining101.com, and ILIAA.com, we have what many agents need. Not only that, but we help agents via the phone all the time.

Back