Who Owns Policy

Agreed. For her to give up the cash value and not make a fuss, I think she isn't all that you crock her up to be. Give her a good Christmas present if she does what she said. Good will and peace toward men and all that jimmamagiz.

Can she cash it in and get a single premium on herself? If she doesn't have any coverage on herself that may be a consideration. Next question is would she do it? Yea I know it may not be all that much.

I told her I would offer to pick up payments on it and she has agreed to turn it over to me.

Keep in mind that this would entail two different forms. One to change the payor and one to change the ownership. Her just handing the policy over to you doesn't change ownership. Of course she could do the change of ownership and leave it up to you to change the payor to yourself later, but I don't think she would trust you on that.

The woman is crazy. All she does is sit on her butt and make up lies about people. Shes a very evil person. Her own siblings hate her. I'm not even sure if she know it can be cashed in...

The woman is crazy. All she does is sit on her butt and make up lies about people. Shes a very evil person. Her own siblings hate her. I'm not even sure if she know it can be cashed in...

Look I am a disinterested person here but you might want to reread your posts it makes you sound like a jerk. You know it can be cashed in, do the right thing and offer something for it.

You know the worst possible place to air dirty family laundry is a public forum. Agree with Norway as a thank you offer something. That said, you want a change of ownership form to make the transaction. If she is not willing to do that, then you need to let it go and not worry about it. If you become owner of the policy then you control it and make decisions about it. Without ownership the policy really is nothing to you. Make sure you get ownership paperwork signed off.

You know the worst possible place to air dirty family laundry is a public forum. Agree with Norway as a thank you offer something. That said, you want a change of ownership form to make the transaction. If she is not willing to do that, then you need to let it go and not worry about it. If you become owner of the policy then you control it and make decisions about it. Without ownership the policy really is nothing to you. Make sure you get ownership paperwork signed off.

What will one wager that he will cash it in as soon as he becomes the owner?

Do you feel she should get the cash values or do you feel she should give it to you?

Who did you vote for President?

Don't be so quick to assume that just because the aunt purchased the policy and paid the premium she is the policy owner. Unless she was specified as the owner of the policy on the application, the child may automatically become the owner once they reach the age of majority.

Back