Williamson Texas

I went to school at UT in the early 80s and 6th street was the rocking place then. My Dad and Sister still live in Austin but I haven't' been down to the area of town since the late 80s. I do know A LOT has changed in that area.

A lot has changed. But ground zero for Austin nightlife isn't one of those changes. As it was 30 years ago, it's 6th St., not 5th, as stated by a previous poster. Though the party does spill over into nearby blocks.

That's funny,The Skylight Inn aka Pete Jones. Been there,that's in Ayden NC. I used to live in Greenville,10 miles up the road. The unique thing there is the skin (pig) is chopped up in the que. You can't get beer,beans or greens there.
I like Texas que,brisket. Nobody does it better than Goode BBQ Company in Houston.
Forget downtown Austin,except for Zilker Park,go out to Spicewood,where Willie lives,hit Lake Travis.
All the cool people have split from Austin,too many yuppies from Cali moved in.
Check out Dripping Springs,that's Texas.

That's funny,The Skylight Inn aka Pete Jones. Been there,that's in Ayden NC. I used to live in Greenville,10 miles up the road. The unique thing there is the skin (pig) is chopped up in the que. You can't get beer,beans or greens there.
I like Texas que,brisket. Nobody does it better than Goode BBQ Company in Houston.
Forget downtown Austin,except for Zilker Park,go out to Spicewood,where Willie lives,hit Lake Travis.
All the cool people have split from Austin,too many yuppies from Cali moved in.
Check out Dripping Springs,that's Texas.

Still live ten miles from there myself. Skylight has won numerous awards and national championships.

I would definitely check out the Bar-B-Que. Franklin's was named best BBQ in America by a magazine. I understand there is a 3 hour line and it sells out by 11:30.

That'd be hell to stand in line for 3 hours and they sell out before you get to the front of the line!

That'd be hell to stand in line for 3 hours and they sell out before you get to the front of the line!

It must be good stuff. Read this from their website:

We are now full for April and May.

We will start taking orders for June on May 5th.

we are unable to make exceptions.

Preorders are very popular and book up quickly.

Please do not forget to include your phone number.

(due to the popularity of preorders, it is entirely possible that you may send in your order soon after midnight (central time),

and we may already be full for the date you would like. ***If you are flexible, you may give us a few different dates that you are open to. )

Orders sent before midnight central time will be rejected.

Pre-ordering information.

We accept orders on either whole briskets, whole pork butts, or whole racks of ribs. These will be whole and unsliced.

We also accept orders for meat by the pound, with a minimum of 5 pounds total. These will be sliced.

We are unable to wrap different increments of meat separately.

(example of an acceptable order: 3 pounds brisket, 2 pounds ribs, pint potato salad.)

Sides may be added in pints, quarts, or trays (25.00).

In order to skip the line, preorders may only be picked up between 10:15 am and 10:35am.

If you are unable to come during this time, you must wait in line. We are unable to make exceptions.

No plates and no sandwiches. To go only.

Back