Windows 11

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
Recently I did an upgrade and it came back to bite me. I went from Windows 10 to a new system, Windows 11. Now I am having an issue downloading a driver update to a piece of Brother equipment.

Anyone else having issues with this?

Recently I did an upgrade and it came back to bite me. I went from Windows 10 to a new system, Windows 11. Now I am having an issue downloading a driver update to a piece of Brother equipment.

Don't ever upgrade Windows or buy anything new until you're forced to.

I've had countless issues over 25+ years doing this.

I'm sure the solution will eventually be online but for now, you're probably screwed (I have a Brother and it's the best printer I've owned but their support sucks).

Sorry, I'm normally pretty good with this stuff but have nothing to offer.

Is it an update download through the windows based software? If so, you can go to the Brother website and find the update download there, download it, and open it within windows to manually update the software.

Don't ever upgrade Windows or buy anything new until you're forced to.

Agree whole heartedly. You are spot on!

My main PC was "acting" funny so instead of having a hard fail like my last experience, I thought I would try to be one step ahead of the game... needless to say, I am now down one labeler. I had some other minor issues to this point, but really used that labeler. I am enjoying my new SSD hard drive though.

I only buy Brother office equipment and have for years. They have some of the best equipment for my applications. I will say I haven't had any customer service issues up until this new platformed rolled out. I'm about 85% swapped out, but its this last 15% that really sucks.

Is it an update download through the windows based software? If so, you can go to the Brother website and find the update download there, download it, and open it within windows to manually update the software.

Yes, exactly that. The issue is around the timing the update will be available. They keep moving the date on me. I guess I'm just being impatient, but when rollouts of this sort keep being pushed back it usually means that other issues will arise in the future.

Don't mean to be such an Eor, but I hate when I have to scream at my computer and it just sits there as if it doesn't know what I'm telling it. :yes:

Driver Easy ® | Windows Driver Updater

Can solve a lot of problems.

My old clunker (only 6 yrs old) would take 4+ hours to update . . . so I bit the bullet and bought a new Intel i7 3770 (not a speed demon bug light years ahead of the i3.

First thing I did after install & update was to run Driver Easy. Now run it every 10 days or so.

Sweet . . . .

Last edited:
W 11 has worked better than expected . . . probably because I needed a new desktop and it came with 11 installed.

W 11 initially had strict hardware requirements before you could install it . . . I think they have modified the OS to allow it to work on more computers.

Peripherals can be a challenge with any computer, but Windows seems to have more issues than Chromebooks.

I would abandon Windows if not for a few programs that need more memory, a faster processor plus the ability to install software on the computer. Chromebooks have been my go to for about 10 years.

Back