Tech Question maybe windows 11 issue?

Have you considered going back to analog technology?

?

what do you mean like a headset with a wire?

surly you are not suggesting that?

why would I want to go backwards in any way to do with head set?

not sure why you would think it reasonable to suggest that?

why would I want to go backwards in any way to do with head set?

not sure why you would think it reasonable to suggest that?

You say its backwards, but your headset isn't working. What I'm suggesting is progress through regression. I don't recall having driver issues with land line phones.

We didn't have cyber security issues with paper files

It's only a matter of time...

You say its backwards, but your headset isn't working. What I'm suggesting is progress through regression. I don't recall having driver issues with land line phones.

Ahh no

I need this to work

not looking to go to paper files now

I mean thats kind of like asking a truck driver if he would consider using a bicycle

Not all of this applies to you but there may be some things you have not tried.

If the Audio Distorts or Stutters

If you’re able to pair your headphones but something doesn’t sound quite right—maybe the music sounds lower-quality than it should or it cuts in and out—it could be a problem with your wireless connection.

Check your source. Before you jump to troubleshooting Bluetooth, make sure that static isn’t inherent in the source of your music—maybe you’re listening to a low-bitrate MP3 from your Napster days, or maybe your streaming service has defaulted to a very low-quality setting. Check another pair of headphones—which you should have already done earlier!—and see whether it’s really Bluetooth’s fault. Similarly, says Cramer, make sure your Wi-Fi or cell signal is good. If your internet connection can’t keep up with Spotify, it’ll cut in and out through no fault of your headphones.

Re-pair the headphones. As with all troubleshooting, the “turn it off and turn it on again” mantra should be your first line of defense. Unpair the headphones, turn them off, reboot your phone, and pair again from scratch before continuing.

Bring the headphones closer to your device. If you’re listening to music on an iPad that’s sitting across the room, you might be too far away—or have too many obstructions in its path. “While most Bluetooth headphones can be apart by 33 feet to 100 feet, it must be noted that this is in plain sight and without a bunch of other Wi-Fi or Bluetooth signals also crowding the airwaves,” explains Cramer. Get closer to the device and move away from other signal-generating electronics to see whether that helps.

Disconnect other devices. I’ve found, on some phones, that Bluetooth audio will distort if my phone is connected to other Bluetooth devices at the same time, like a smartwatch or other set of headphones that isn’t active. Try disconnecting other devices or turning them off to see whether the problem goes away.

Update the firmware. I know, I know, you hear this all the time—“Maybe you just need a software update!”—but it’s really worth a shot. When my Bose SoundSport Wireless were having audio issues a few years ago, downloading the official app and updating the firmware fixed everything. See whether your headphones offer a companion app that may be able to help.

Turn off any audio processing. Speaking of companion apps, if you already have the app for your headphones, try turning off its extra features. Equalizers, noise canceling, and other processing could cause distortion or other quirks, so better to eliminate them from the equation while you troubleshoot. If your phone has its own processing (like Samsung’s Adapt Sound features), turn those off too.

Adjust your Bluetooth audio codec. In the Bluetooth settings for your device, tap the “i” or the Settings cog next to your headphones in question and see which options are available to you. Some headphones may offer HD Audio or other similar codecs, which you can switch on and off to see whether the audio improves.

Deselect hands-free mode in Windows. Similarly, if you’re trying to connect to a PC, your headphones may have two entries in Windows’ sound settings—one for stereo music, one for phone calls. Click the speaker icon in the bottom right corner, select the audio source along the top, and make sure to select your headphones from the list, not a headset or hands-free option. (You can turn off this behavior entirely by going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, right-clicking your headphones, and choosing Properties. Under the Services tab, uncheck Handsfree Telephony.)

[EXTERNAL LINK] - How to Fix the Most Annoying Bluetooth Headphone Problems

Not all of this applies to you but there may be some things you have not tried.

If the Audio Distorts or Stutters

If you’re able to pair your headphones but something doesn’t sound quite right—maybe the music sounds lower-quality than it should or it cuts in and out—it could be a problem with your wireless connection.

Check your source. Before you jump to troubleshooting Bluetooth, make sure that static isn’t inherent in the source of your music—maybe you’re listening to a low-bitrate MP3 from your Napster days, or maybe your streaming service has defaulted to a very low-quality setting. Check another pair of headphones—which you should have already done earlier!—and see whether it’s really Bluetooth’s fault. Similarly, says Cramer, make sure your Wi-Fi or cell signal is good. If your internet connection can’t keep up with Spotify, it’ll cut in and out through no fault of your headphones.

Re-pair the headphones. As with all troubleshooting, the “turn it off and turn it on again” mantra should be your first line of defense. Unpair the headphones, turn them off, reboot your phone, and pair again from scratch before continuing.

Bring the headphones closer to your device. If you’re listening to music on an iPad that’s sitting across the room, you might be too far away—or have too many obstructions in its path. “While most Bluetooth headphones can be apart by 33 feet to 100 feet, it must be noted that this is in plain sight and without a bunch of other Wi-Fi or Bluetooth signals also crowding the airwaves,” explains Cramer. Get closer to the device and move away from other signal-generating electronics to see whether that helps.

Disconnect other devices. I’ve found, on some phones, that Bluetooth audio will distort if my phone is connected to other Bluetooth devices at the same time, like a smartwatch or other set of headphones that isn’t active. Try disconnecting other devices or turning them off to see whether the problem goes away.

Update the firmware. I know, I know, you hear this all the time—“Maybe you just need a software update!”—but it’s really worth a shot. When my Bose SoundSport Wireless were having audio issues a few years ago, downloading the official app and updating the firmware fixed everything. See whether your headphones offer a companion app that may be able to help.

Turn off any audio processing. Speaking of companion apps, if you already have the app for your headphones, try turning off its extra features. Equalizers, noise canceling, and other processing could cause distortion or other quirks, so better to eliminate them from the equation while you troubleshoot. If your phone has its own processing (like Samsung’s Adapt Sound features), turn those off too.

Adjust your Bluetooth audio codec. In the Bluetooth settings for your device, tap the “i” or the Settings cog next to your headphones in question and see which options are available to you. Some headphones may offer HD Audio or other similar codecs, which you can switch on and off to see whether the audio improves.

Deselect hands-free mode in Windows. Similarly, if you’re trying to connect to a PC, your headphones may have two entries in Windows’ sound settings—one for stereo music, one for phone calls. Click the speaker icon in the bottom right corner, select the audio source along the top, and make sure to select your headphones from the list, not a headset or hands-free option. (You can turn off this behavior entirely by going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, right-clicking your headphones, and choosing Properties. Under the Services tab, uncheck Handsfree Telephony.)

[EXTERNAL LINK] - How to Fix the Most Annoying Bluetooth Headphone Problems

Yeah I need a professional to look at it just going to have to take it into geek squad I think

I just had a call talked 5 min perfectly then it just cut off I heard her say hello hello I can hear perfectly but they cannot hear me

I am not listening to anything at the time because it all goes through the same If I am listing to something the client will hear it too,

But when I am not on the phone ill listen to something on youtube or what not and no issues no breaking up and again nothing from my end of hearing has any issues

Now I have confirmed with headset company they say they have many other clients with this same headset windows 11 no problems

so maybe its a diver IDK anything about that so Ill take it to best buy and I wanted to add Ram anyway

Based on your description it sounds like a BT connectivity issue. Although I have my geeky side, this is above my pay grade.

As stated before, DriverEasy has solved a lot of problems for me in the past.

Have you tried unpairing and pairing the headset to see what happens? Windows loves to give you reasons to reboot your computer so things can magically work.

Sometimes a cold boot works when a warm boot doesn't.

I mean thats kind of like asking a truck driver if he would consider using a bicycle

Really? I would more compare it to returning from a high-speed highway to a scenic country road. Imagine driving on a modern highway, feeling like you're in the midst of fierce conflict, horns blaring, people shouting and someone just gave you the middle finger. (Your headset is giving you the middle finger btw) Suddenly, you exit the highway and find yourself on a winding country road. The road is narrower, the navigation less precise, and the speed significantly slower, but you gain a sense of tranquility, simplicity, and a connection with nature.

You can keep fumbling with your headset, or you can embrace tangible, physical interactions, slower processes, and more hands-on approaches. Just as the country road allows you to appreciate the scenery and take a break from the fast-paced highway, analog technology can offer a return to a more tangible and deliberate way of engaging with the world around you.

Really? I would more compare it to returning from a high-speed highway to a scenic country road. Imagine driving on a modern highway, feeling like you're in the midst of fierce conflict, horns blaring, people shouting and someone just gave you the middle finger. (Your headset is giving you the middle finger btw) Suddenly, you exit the highway and find yourself on a winding country road. The road is narrower, the navigation less precise, and the speed significantly slower, but you gain a sense of tranquility, simplicity, and a connection with nature.

You can keep fumbling with your headset, or you can embrace tangible, physical interactions, slower processes, and more hands-on approaches. Just as the country road allows you to appreciate the scenery and take a break from the fast-paced highway, analog technology can offer a return to a more tangible and deliberate way of engaging with the world around you.

I don't know what you think is reasonable here?

Tech is supposed to work, I trying to make it work

Just saying well tech is just not working for me let me go back to the stone age and forget it is insane

and honestly not sure if you are mocking when you say such nonsense, not sure how to take it, I mean who says such things

but ok Im moving on from it

Based on your description it sounds like a BT connectivity issue. Although I have my geeky side, this is above my pay grade.

As stated before, DriverEasy has solved a lot of problems for me in the past.

Have you tried unpairing and pairing the headset to see what happens? Windows loves to give you reasons to reboot your computer so things can magically work.

Sometimes a cold boot works when a warm boot doesn't.

Yea taking it to geek squad tonight they may need to keep it few days , I wanted to add ram to this computer anyway

Ill let them know about drivers and see what they can do

If not them I will need to find some kind of professional that can help locally I gues

I really dont understand this stuff But I do need it to work

I didnt want to do windows 11 but I needed a new computer a month or so ago and thats all they got now

Though I am sure that has some effect th headset is saying it has nothing to do with that

Back