Work from Home?

Any owners do this? I have a BOB of about 2.2 million. Only 1 producer. I rarely see clients face to face anymore. I was thinking of renting just a small 1 room office for appointments and working mainly from basement. Seems traditional office is now a waste of money. Most of work is through prone, email, etc.

Any owners do this? I have a BOB of about 2.2 million. Only 1 producer. I rarely see clients face to face anymore. I was thinking of renting just a small 1 room office for appointments and working mainly from basement. Seems traditional office is now a waste of money. Most of work is through prone, email, etc.

You are on the right track as far as I am concerned.

This what I am planning on doing if I ever get back into P/C. I have several friends who focus on nothing but online clients all over their state. They don't like the idea of having walk in clients and having to open the office each day.

I don't see a problem.
With a BOB that big, most of your servicing couldn't be done f2f anyway, the 2.2 million most likely are spread out all over the state, if not the country,anyway.

If stock brokers can service multi-million dollar clients via phone, computer and email.....you certainly can.

My BOB isnt that big, but I work from home.

If I write a complete household, I try to go meet them, at their house, just for trying to build that relationship.

So since I dont have an office, I do not take cash for anything, all but 2 of my clients are on EFT or PIF. If they dont have a checking account or credit card, I dont want them.

I have had the problem only twice, someone will call and say I am looking for your office and I cant find it, then I explained, I work from home and I kid you not, the guy said, well, I will get me a milkshake and wait for you at the McDonalds in front of your address. So I met him there and closed the deal! LMAO!

I would think that also depends on what you are selling and who is your main market. For example on L&H it never matters, but I just had a 401k rollover last week and client wanted to "come by the office" to bring the check...so I met him at the office.

I work from home almost completely. I have access to an on-demand, virtual office through Regus as needed for the fancy "corporate" address for bigger cases or more affluent clients but I won't be spending the money on full on office space. Unless I start a call center...lol...and I doubt that will happen any time soon. Simply don't want the headache or the expense. Check our Regus or PS Executive Suites...Regus is better priced and usually have better promotions...but PS is a little nicer space usually but pricier...hope this helps.

Justin

I moved my office home a few years back after 19 years of having an office in a nearby town. Overhead is a killer of most business. Keeping mine down has helped a great deal.

Plus the business model has changed in the 23 years I've been doing this. Much more hi tech, less face to face.

Yes. I do this myself. I have an office presence locally that my assistant goes to daily to get emails, voice mails and mail. But I myself, do the selling from home.

I see another person said they use Regus to maintain a professional image - EXCELLENT idea and I have thought about going this route myself (and may in the future).

Good luck!

Yes. I do this myself. I have an office presence locally that my assistant goes to daily to get emails, voice mails and mail. But I myself, do the selling from home.

I see another person said they use Regus to maintain a professional image - EXCELLENT idea and I have thought about going this route myself (and may in the future).

Good luck!
I agree, this is ideal. The beauty of our practices is that we can almost eliminate all the overhead. And is a business decision either to maintain a physical precence in the community or not ...at an affordable price...
:yes:

Back