Working for an EA with a lack of leads? Any tips?

Caleb94

Hi! I’ve asked a few questions here before and everyone has been very helpful! I’m a new P&C agent as of a few months ago. I accepted a position at AAA working for an EA. I get paid a small salary, and get paid per unit (each auto, home/renters, umbrella etc.) That I sell. As well as 2% of renewals.

My first 2 months started out great, I sold 28 units in April, and 33 units in May, almost all of them were new business. Here’s the problem, our agency has only been in business for 5 years, and my boss doesn’t buy any leads. The only leads I have are provided by the company of AAA, and they only refresh once every month, and they only last about 2 weeks. So I’m basically stuck with no good leads for about half of every month. Plus we only get about 1 call in quote a week at best.

I really enjoy my coworkers, and just my work atmosphere in general, but I’m getting a little burned out having no leads for weeks at a time. It’s starting to effect me this month, as I’m currently without leads, and have barely any units sold. So I guess I’m just wondering if anyone has any tips for me in this situation? Or what you guys would do in a similar setting? I appreciate your guys help! Thanks in advance!

Surely the agency has monoline customers and it has monthly renewals. Reach out to introduce the agency. Go visit a zip code or two and stop in to see the renewals. You might be surprised to learn how many customers have never met their agent.

Back