Working in UHC office experience?

Agent2019

Expert
Does anyone work for UHC or has any info or experience to share?
The job listing is for an "Insurance Inside Sales Representative" in one of their offices.
It does not specify compensation other than this "interested in high earning potential working with warm leads."
Do any of you know if they pay a base+Commission? or straight commission?

Thanks.

Does anyone work for UHC or has any info or experience to share?
The job listing is for an "Insurance Inside Sales Representative" in one of their offices.
It does not specify compensation other than this "interested in high earning potential working with warm leads."
Do any of you know if they pay a base+Commission? or straight commission?

Thanks.
What part of the company? Is it group?

I looked up the address on the job posting which came up as the office for HealthMarkets, after digging around on Google I found out UHG bought them recently.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, what say you, wise Forum members?

I'm OK being Captive to soak up the training and experience, but not OK being paid peanuts hourly with no commission at all. I have an interview next week so we'll see what the deal is.

Google "NASE HealthMarkets"

You will be paid what THEY feel you are worth which may or may not agree with your assessment.

Any business you produce belongs to THEM.

You will sign a non-compete.

That's what the "deal" is

NASE healthmarkets is nearly impossible to make money. Each level of management will have access to or has already contacted each and every lead that comes through. You wind up being a bottom feeder and occasionally luck into a sale. I had a manager actually take an appointment away from me years ago because he did not mean to give me the lead as he had already called the person and was waiting for a response. I was told by management during a slow period to write my own family, stop payment on the check, so that I could show a sale for the week and receive the commission on that sale. Run, don't walk, away from anything healthmarkets

It's very frustrating to think you're applying for a job with a certain company and then find out it's something completely different.
I don't understand how they get away with it.
A while back I answered an ad for what they stated was Globe Life, once I got to the interview it was a call center operation, was told they were a subsidiary of GL, I was under the impression it was a base+comm by what the "recruiter" said, but that was a lie.

I am new to this business so I'm easy prey, I contracted with an IMO and that's a bust after spending money on marketing materials, buying crap leads and spending hours training on YouTube, webinars and sales calls that were geared to seasoned agents, not newbies. I was told I would get all of the training I needed and that is not even close to being true.
Now my upline is not even answering my calls, she's too busy with her clients making money during open enrollment.

So, I thought I'd put in some time with a company to get experience and training, even if that means losing out on commission, the training would be worth it to me.
No such luck with this either.

Sorry for the Dear Diary post, I'm just very discouraged and embarrassed.

If you are new and really don't know anything, you might want to look if there is a Humana center somewhere near you where someone can teach you as you learn. Bankers Life gets a bad rap on these pages but although I didn't make much money, I did learn the med supp, MA life, and annuity game. it was 6+ months of not making much but absorbing information. I asked senior agents to run appointments with me and gave up 1/2 of my commissions so that I could watch sellers sell. I made some money AND was able to reconnect with some of those customers when I left to further protect their assets. Colonial Life is another outfit. They all pretty much hire any warm body that shows up and see who can make a go of it. You make lots of phone calls, waste lots of time being stood up but you gain the insight into how hard you have to work to be successful. If you want P&C, go work as a producer at a captive agency and learn how the business really works.

If you are new and really don't know anything, you might want to look if there is a Humana center somewhere near you where someone can teach you as you learn. Bankers Life gets a bad rap on these pages but although I didn't make much money, I did learn the med supp, MA life, and annuity game. it was 6+ months of not making much but absorbing information. I asked senior agents to run appointments with me and gave up 1/2 of my commissions so that I could watch sellers sell. I made some money AND was able to reconnect with some of those customers when I left to further protect their assets. Colonial Life is another outfit. They all pretty much hire any warm body that shows up and see who can make a go of it. You make lots of phone calls, waste lots of time being stood up but you gain the insight into how hard you have to work to be successful. If you want P&C, go work as a producer at a captive agency and learn how the business really works.

Thank you! I will look into Humana and Banker's Life. I only have a Life/Health License.
I need to find a good option to learn, get as much experience as possible and build up capital to eventually go on my own.

There is a State Farm agency hiring near me, I just don't know it that's a good way to go. I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate it.

Back