Working In War Zones and Life Insurance

What's the biggest strike against him?

What about this Assurity non-med product?

Smoking, complication of diabetes, and war zone. Assurity will not take him. Fidelity's graded death benefit policy will take him. $100k 20-year term is $5600/year. Unless you can get him an underwritten offer he's probably not going to buy anything he'd qualify for (i.e. graded products). Even if he can get an underwritten offer he may balk at the price versus death benefit if he's expecting $500k for $200/mo.

A smoking diabetic with complications of diabetes (neuropathy) working in war zones isn't a very good candidate from an underwriter's standpoint. You really need to shop the case to see if he can qualify for anything fully underwritten before putting in a formal app. He'd be lucky to get $100k of 20-year term for $200/mo.

Again, lucky or not that would be fine.

dgoldenz;447860[B said:
]Smoking, complication of diabetes, and war zone.[/B] Assurity will not take him. Fidelity's graded death benefit policy will take him. $100k 20-year term is $5600/year. Unless you can get him an underwritten offer he's probably not going to buy anything he'd qualify for (i.e. graded products). Even if he can get an underwritten offer he may balk at the price versus death benefit if he's expecting $500k for $200/mo.

Times 2. You need to have the real premium talk with him. Get his top budget number. Then hunt his options. Present just north of his number, his number and just south.

He can find find some money by booting the adult kids.

if he's expecting $500k for $200/mo.

This is why people need to watch throwing numbers around on here. He is not expecting anything what so ever. He simply asked about a 500k policy. I told him that might not be possible. In fact I told him he might be uninsurable. I told him I would see what I could find and go from there. He's ok with whatever I can find. I'm the one not him that knows what they can afford. I'm their FA. Even if they were willing to pay $500 per month which isn't gonna happen with these people it would cancel after a few months. I have known these people for 40 years.

He would pay it but she wears the pants.

At this particular time, based on their situation, $200 a month is about the max. Later, we can add more providing opportunity presents itself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Times 2. You need to have the real premium talk with him. Get his top budget number. Then hunt his options. Present just north of his number, his number and just south.

He can find find some money by booting the adult kids.

I really don't need to talk about any of this. :goofy: This is not your ordinary sale. i need a carrier, a premium and an app. I take it to them. They sign it. I finish my coffee and cake and leave. Did I mention I'm their FA and know these people for 40 years? :goofy:

Last edited:
man ....talk to dgoldenz ......graded benefit might be his only option.....David is good.....I work with him on my high risk case's and have three we are working on now......

good luck, I don't think you're getting it, everybody has pretty much told you it's either going to be decline or priced so high, it might as well be declined.

You have a high risk medically who works in high risk areas. Insurance companies by their nature are risk adverse. You seem to refuse or don't understand HIGH RISK.

But go ahead and try, what's the worst that they can say ? no.
It's your time and your effort, not anybody here. Give it a shot and see what happens. Me? while I have empathy for your situation, understand when experienced agents offer advice,
usually it means they've been through it already and are just trying to save your effort. But, again go for it if that's what you want. It's your time.

If you are bound and determined to go it a go. Call up dgoldenz or whoever you run your life contracts through and see which company they suggest starting with.

I recommend getting a HIPPA release and getting an APS for an inhouse underwriter to take a look at. That plus a full foreign travel and occupation questionnaire. You can use one from any carrier, they are pretty similar and you'll have to redo it later for the carrier you apply to anyway.

good luck, I don't think you're getting it, everybody has pretty much told you it's either going to be decline or priced so high, it might as well be declined.

You have a high risk medically who works in high risk areas. Insurance companies by their nature are risk adverse. You seem to refuse or don't understand HIGH RISK.

But go ahead and try, what's the worst that they can say ? no.
It's your time and your effort, not anybody here. Give it a shot and see what happens. Me? while I have empathy for your situation, understand when experienced agents offer advice,
usually it means they've been through it already and are just trying to save your effort. But, again go for it if that's what you want. It's your time.

OK and what I keep saying is that I have done business with these folks already with annuities. I'm doing another one with them this week. Probably will do 4 or 5 more by the time he retires. I'm just not going to blow them off thinking i don't have a prospect. If he can't get life insurance then fine but I need to know why. If that has been answered which I guess it has, then great.

I'll call my local guy tomorrow where I have my contracts through. They handle high risk as well last I checked and it doesn't cost me anything. If they don't or they charge I'll talk to whats his name. Him and I have talked before.

I have plenty of time. There is 24 hours in a day. Even when I go on a wild chase I learn something. With that attitude I would of wrote half the annuities I have written. Worst case it is a learning experience and next time I know is all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you are bound and determined to go it a go. Call up dgoldenz or whoever you run your life contracts through and see which company they suggest starting with.

I recommend getting a HIPPA release and getting an APS for an inhouse underwriter to take a look at. That plus a full foreign travel and occupation questionnaire. You can use one from any carrier, they are pretty similar and you'll have to redo it later for the carrier you apply to anyway.

Good stuff. Thanks. That's what I'm looking for. dgoldenz would need that info anyway. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back