2018 MA and PDP Plans

What I'm reading on Silverscript is that only CVS and USave are preferred pharmacies in my area and rest would be Standard. So will it really be $7.00 and $20.00 to till generics at Walgreens or Walmart on the Silverscript plan?

Well it’s always “up to” that amount. Most tier 1 and tier 2 drugs don’t even hit that amount full price.
But without looking at the SS plan yet, I thought they lowered tier 1 and 2 Drugs next year?

Edit : I see you are asking about standard pharmacies. Then yes “up to” that amount.

I think the issue is the standard pricing for generics are substantially higher than preferred pricing. So a $2 generic across the board is really $18.50 at a standard pharmacy. The client oays the $18.50 at a standard and $2 at preferred.

What I'm reading on Silverscript is that only CVS and USave are preferred pharmacies in my area and rest would be Standard. So will it really be $7.00 and $20.00 to till generics at Walgreens or Walmart on the Silverscript plan?

Don't overlook the free mail order for tier 1 drugs during the initial phase. That might be helpful to some that can manage paperwork and refills.

I saw in the 2018 cert course with silverscript that members always pay whichever is lower, the copay or the actual drug cost. Doesn't matter if a person goes to preferred or standard pharmacy, the member will pay the cost if it's lower than the copay. This means that members won't be paying the copay for lots of tier 1 and tier 2 drugs. i'm going to be doing lots of med.gov reviews this year to make sure my clients aren't scared off by the higher standard pharmacy copays

Just sucks that only 2 local pharmacies are preferred and the rest are standard. I realize a lot of Tier 2 generics won't even cost 20.00 but a lot of them do now days so would stink to pay that copay. No different than Humana hooking up with just Wal Mart or AARP hooking up with just Walgreens. I get tired of this game they all play especially when I will make the same $36.00 whether they stay where they are or switch to different plan.

FYI Xarelto is showing as not covered under Silver script in Medicare.gov when it is actually covered, according to SS website.

So a note to newbs, don't trust the gubment site

FYI Xarelto is showing as not covered under Silver script in Medicare.gov when it is actually covered, according to SS website.

I assume your new avatar is the real you. You look OK, but I can't help but think "Grey is the new orange"...

As I noted earlier, similar issue with Humana. I emailed the Humana area manager to let him know. He replied back to let me know he had escalated the issue.

Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to notify the right person at SilverScript.

I assume your new avatar is the real you. You look OK, but I can't help but think "Grey is the new orange"...

It is but I don’t quite get what you mean

----------

As I noted earlier, similar issue with Humana. I emailed the Humana area manager to let him know. He replied back to let me know he had escalated the issue.

Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to notify the right person at SilverScript.

Yeah I know there’s a lot of stuff to work out right now. But with about 20 inbound calls today I didn’t feel like sitting on hold to let SS know. I’m lazy like that

Back