73 Male- Any Idea's?

I would also look at how long the policy has been in force. Just not a chance I'm willing to take with someone else insurance.

Well, with the outcome of this specific case, I question WHY it wasn't issued as Preferred to begin with, assuming the prospect's claim of a good bill of health is correct.

Secondly, I would review the policy and see if TA amended his applied-for Preferred policy and approved it instead for Standard coverage. Looking at the copy of the application, it should be obvious how the policy was sold versus the outcome.

Most likely either the client has a pre-existing health condition like angina, and he had a history of nitro prescription, and should have checked "yes" to the angina question.

With that said, United Heritage offers Level coverage for folks prescribed nitro, yet haven't used it within the last two years.

The other question is -- if you were the original agent writing the application, assuming the prospect's health claims are correct -- would you have written it Preferred elsewhere with another carrier?

He is on 4 meds that can treat angina or congestive heart failure in addition to high blood pressure. Not, one, not two, not even three, but four.

I am a lay person, but I do find it hard to believe his doctor has him on such strong meds just to control high blood pressure. Individually or one or two, sure probably just some high blood pressure. But all four together, I'd be very suspicious.

Yeah, you could go write it. But you are almost certainly looking at a chargeback, and if this guy is out of contestability or close to it, you really didn't do him or his family any favors.

He is on 4 meds that can treat angina or congestive heart failure in addition to high blood pressure. Not, one, not two, not even three, but four. I am a lay person, but I do find it hard to believe his doctor has him on such strong meds just to control high blood pressure. Individually or one or two, sure probably just some high blood pressure. But all four together, I'd be very suspicious. Yeah, you could go write it. But you are almost certainly looking at a chargeback, and if this guy is out of contestability or close to it, you really didn't do him or his family any favors.

Yeah...only person benefiting in this case is the agent

He is on 4 meds that can treat angina or congestive heart failure in addition to high blood pressure. Not, one, not two, not even three, but four.

I am a lay person, but I do find it hard to believe his doctor has him on such strong meds just to control high blood pressure. Individually or one or two, sure probably just some high blood pressure. But all four together, I'd be very suspicious.

Yeah, you could go write it. But you are almost certainly looking at a chargeback, and if this guy is out of contestability or close to it, you really didn't do him or his family any favors.

Since neither of you answered my question, I'm assuming you guys write SNL Graded coverage whenever you see these medications, regardless of replacement or not?

Or do you chance recission/chargebacks every time you see any of these medications by placing them with full-coverage carriers?

Probably every other household I am in there is lisinopril, every fifth one there's amlodipine, and hydrlazine and carvedilol is probably in every tenth house I see.

Many times these people have a history of high blood pressure, and the doctor uses a combination of various drugs like TPAA quoted above to maintain blood pressure levels in hopefully normal ranges.

I had a case like this that was APS'ed with United Heritage due to the very reasons raised above. He was approved as applied for after the underwriters reviewed his medical records.

I had another the other day approved without an APS as Level coverage with United Heritage, who was taking Carvedilol and Plavix.

Some, but not all, of these prospects will have other chronic heart conditions, like angina/arrhythmia/etc. Clearly these are cases where a replacement may not be warranted, and not in the best interest of the client.

My point is simple -- if you doubt the claims of the prospect, have them call his doctor to clarify the reason for the prescriptions, as there are plenty of cases out there like this one where the only problem with the prospect is that his doctor has clearly taken out the big guns to treat a serious blood pressure problem.

And obviously, if there is a problem, don't replace.

Since neither of you answered my question, I'm assuming you guys write SNL Graded coverage whenever you see these medications, regardless of replacement or not? Or do you chance recission/chargebacks every time you see any of these medications by placing them with full-coverage carriers? Probably every other household I am in there is lisinopril, every fifth one there's amlodipine, and hydrlazine and carvedilol is probably in every tenth house I see. Many times these people have a history of high blood pressure, and the doctor uses a combination of various drugs like TPAA quoted above to maintain blood pressure levels in hopefully normal ranges. I had a case like this that was APS'ed with United Heritage due to the very reasons raised above. He was approved as applied for after the underwriters reviewed his medical records. I had another the other day approved without an APS as Level coverage with United Heritage, who was taking Carvedilol and Plavix. Some, but not all, of these prospects will have other chronic heart conditions, like angina/arrhythmia/etc. Clearly these are cases where a replacement may not be warranted, and not in the best interest of the client. My point is simple -- if you doubt the claims of the prospect, have them call his doctor to clarify the reason for the prescriptions, as there are plenty of cases out there like this one where the only problem with the prospect is that his doctor has clearly taken out the big guns to treat a serious blood pressure problem. And obviously, if there is a problem, don't replace.

Well, I thought your question was rhetorical because it was stupid...would I call the dudes doctor...uh, no. If I was that hard up for a paycheck is just Aetna his ass.

Well, I thought your question was rhetorical because it was stupid...would I call the dudes doctor...uh, no. If I was that hard up for a paycheck is just Aetna his ass.

You just gonna let Gooner call your question, STUPID, Reardon? Come on guys - lets see a cyber fight!!:1biggrin:

Being approved and having a claim paid in the contestable period are worlds apart. VOL is right on. This guy takes a vasodilator/nitrate class, ACE Inhibitor, Calcium Channel Blocker, and Beta Blocker.

I would bet when the doctors notes are asked for if he dies within the first two years, they will not say "This is all for blood pressure." Physicians are going to cover their butts, and I guarantee there would be mention at the minimum of wording like "Cardio Protective" and that claim will not get paid.

If you're adding to, or writing someone new coverage I would go for it, but I would not replace coverage.

Last edited:
Back