73 Male- Any Idea's?

The Standard Rate is right on with Trans.... Even with a "NO" with a PHI, the combo of meds will get a Standard offer at best for Trans....

Trans is not a big fan of these drugs and they will push hard on a PHI. He is lucky to have a Standard rate with them....

Aetna, Cover your Arse as Gooner says and be sure the PHI is clear if you replace..... He is a contested denial waiting to happen.

Well I'm no mentor, but according to you he'd qualify for level.

Bazinga!!

Being approved and having a claim paid in the contestable period are worlds apart. VOL is right on. This guy takes a vasodilator/nitrate class, ACE Inhibitor, Calcium Channel Blocker, and Beta Blocker.

I would bet when the doctors notes are asked for if he dies within the first two years, they will not say "This is all for blood pressure." Physicians are going to cover their butts, and I guarantee there would be mention at the minimum of wording like "Cardio Protective" and that claim will not get paid.

If you're adding to, or writing someone new coverage I would go for it, but I would not replace coverage.

Awww come on Daddy - No fair pulling medical journals off the shelf just cuz you can!!

Just so no one gets the wrong impression. I love Dave, I think he's a great agent and a hard worker...BUT 'if you come to battle bring a shotgun"

Last edited by a moderator:
So early on in my insurance career, I was all excited to be underwriting a 29 year old attorney for a sizeable WL policy and he turns to me and shyly admits to taking Proscar. The look on my face must have said,"What's that all about dude?"

He then shrunk back into his seat and explained how he didn't wanna lose all his hair before turning 30 so his doctor prescribed it for hair growth even though its normally for older men with too many night time visits to the toilet.

The underwriter must have wondered why in the hell I wrote Proactive on the application(the stuff sold to teen age girls for acne)!

TPAA -- did you ask about any past nitroglycerin prescription?

No, didnt get to the app part- just sat with the guy for a few minutes and he was running late for a drs appt- his standard rate is pretty high...

Wrote a guy level a few months ago on carviedol, 2 other high blood drugs and insulin diabetes with Aetna . He swore it was for high blood and did the phone interview. I write down what they tell me.

Wrote a guy level a few months ago on carviedol, 2 other high blood drugs and insulin diabetes with Aetna . He swore it was for high blood and did the phone interview. I write down what they tell me.

Can you give me a rate for a 73 male standard NT $9,000 with Aetna.. thanks

can you give me a rate for a 73 male standard nt $9,000 with aetna.. Thanks

$77.58. .

----------

Of course on a regular appointment anyone would, was it a replacement? That would change your perspective...at least I hope it would.

Being approved and having a claim paid in the contestable period are worlds apart. VOL is right on. This guy takes a vasodilator/nitrate class, ACE Inhibitor, Calcium Channel Blocker, and Beta Blocker.

I would bet when the doctors notes are asked for if he dies within the first two years, they will not say "This is all for blood pressure." Physicians are going to cover their butts, and I guarantee there would be mention at the minimum of wording like "Cardio Protective" and that claim will not get paid.

If you're adding to, or writing someone new coverage I would go for it, but I would not replace coverage.

Thank you.

And I feel the same as you. New or additional coverage, go for it. You still are probably looking at a rescinded policy. But as a replacement? Not a chance, you are getting rid of incontestable, or at least closer to being incontestable coverage to put in place a policy that is just begging to be contested.

And Reardon, I get your point, but an APS is not the end all, be all. There may well be another doctor with other notes that can be used to rescind when the time comes. Also, the underwriter is not the claims person, nor is there any guarantee the company will have the same view at claim time.

Again, new coverage or additional coverage, go for it! But to replace, I wouldn't.

Back