Aarp Fall From Grace

I just want to sell Insurance, and it don't affect my selling ability. They pressure us to sell them memberships and when you don't they write you up and fire you. I seen too many people leave for membership they didn't care if you was the top selling and a hard worker. Med Supplement plans are too expensive and they pay a few bucks on claims. I am didn't use to support Advantage plans, but I sure do now

I find it hard to believe only 8% of President Obama's cabinet ever had a job outside of politics. What? They all came out of college and straight into politics? I doubt it. If your source meant business owners/executives, you may have a case. But many people make extremely good livings, gain invaluable experience and are NOT owners of the companies. This is a very, very misleading statistic to draw such harsh inferences from.

O.K. post but why here? It has nothing to do with AARP.[/QUOTE]

He didn't say they did not ever have a job outside of politics. They did not hold postions in private business. The majority worked in some type of government or non profit capacity. They were bureaucrats, college professors, lobbyists, non profit executives, community organizers, etc. .

Don't know how much difference this makes in the way the government is run. You could take an entrepreneur like Sam Walton; put him in a cabinet position and soon he would be running his cabinet like a "government" entity instead of a "business" entity.

I worked at a kiosk selling Medicare Advantage and it has an AARP endorsement. Needless to say, there was never a week that went by where I didn't have several people wanting to debate me about what a liberal organization AARP was and they would never sign up with such a corrupt organization.

Back