• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

ACA/When someone has employer cov available?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
When someone has employer cov available do they have to take it, or can they buy ACA if its cheaper?

No aptc if have group accessible. Unless they qualify under unaffordable "family glitch" law. Google it
I know many many full time lower income people that have access for coverage at places like fast food restaurants but buy aca as it’s zero premium . Have you heard stories of the govt pulling the subsidy back on these lower income people that had access for employer coverage ? Actually I’ve never heard of the govt finding peoples employer coverage .

Sometimes i wish i had gone all in on aca . I only have a few hundred on the books but I rarely ever get calls about claims or problems . It’s literally like free money month in month out . Mapd is 5-10 calls every single day for me . The stress level is very high in medicare .Even during open enrollment aca is very easy as most want to stay with the carrier there with . 1000 lives is $25-$28k a month depending on the mix of CO’s. If medicare gets crazier i might start going much more aca .

ACA enrollment is more time consuming sometimes, but service is a lesser amount. ACA will change dramatically if enhanced tax credits are not extended past 12/31/2025. All depends on Trump, since Biden will lose. And with Biden basically eliminating STM's, the above 400% FPL prospects will dwindle. Hope Trump reverses that stupid rule.

ACA enrollment is more time consuming sometimes, but service is a lesser amount. ACA will change dramatically if enhanced tax credits are not extended past 12/31/2025. All depends on Trump, since Biden will lose. And with Biden basically eliminating STM's, the above 400% FPL prospects will dwindle. Hope Trump reverses that stupid rule.
Cowboy Trump has to look at the deficit. It’s exploding . The explosion started with him and continues with Biden . Anyone who knows anything about economics knows recessions are a necessary evil to clean the system . We haven’t had a real recession since 2008 . Covid was a few months and they stopped it with unlimited free money . That started with Trump and continued with Biden . Unless we have a deep recession inflation will continue. The fallacy with aca is it doesn’t look at assets . You have 100’s of thousands of multi millionaires in assets getting huge subsidies.Your wrote aca enrollment more time consuming than a med sup but a mapd is more time consuming than a aca.

When someone has employer cov available do they have to take it, or can they buy ACA if its cheaper?

" In 2024, a job-based health plan is considered "affordable" if your share of the monthly premium in the lowest-cost plan offered by the employer is less than 8.39% of your household income. "

" Financial assistance to buy health insurance on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplaces is primarily available for people who cannot get coverage through a public program or their employer. Some exceptions are made, however, including for people whose employer coverage offer is deemed unaffordable or of insufficient value. For example, people can qualify for ACA Marketplace subsidies if their employer requires them to spend more than 9.83% of his household income on the company’s health plan premium. "

Back