AFLAC….back in Med Supp Market?

Both. I have clients redirect claims and billing issues to me to handle for them, but some still like to handle things themselves. Either way, I need the process to be smooth.

How do you handle claims for clients ? Don’t you have to call the carrier to see what the issue is ? Doesn’t the client have to be on 3 way to discuss their bill ? There very strick on mapd . The client must be on the phone .

Both. I have clients redirect claims and billing issues to me to handle for them, but some still like to handle things themselves. Either way, I need the process to be smooth.

who do you like dealing?
I used to love dealing with Omaha, and they’re probably still the best to deal with, but they’re not as good as they used to be. I can’t stand dealing with United Healthcare, they drive me crazy. Bankers Fidelity was great to deal with; I wish their rates had stayed competitive longer.
I relish the good old days when I was selling Omaha, Assured Life Association and Gerber Life Insurance and ALL three of them were administered by Mutual of Omaha! They were great to deal with. New Era Life had great service when I was selling their Medigap. Aetna is okay too.

My Med Supp claim/. Billing issues are next to nothing. My only billing issues are with WellCare for PDP.

There is no reason to ever have a Medigap claim issue.

Claim arrives at Medigap carrier pre-adjudicated and pre-approved. Carrier knows if deductible has been met. All they do is pay their portion and move on to the next claim. Providers paid electronically in 3 to 5 business days.

Easy peezy.

There are carriers I would never use for managed care plans . . . but FFS is a dream.

Good morning Insurance Agents of the Senior Forum! I hope you've all been well.

Ridiculous!!! Talk about losing credibility.

You're entitled to your opinion about what credibility we have or don't have specific to our videos or content. That being said, we were trying to convey - in an environment where we can't make a video using AFLAC's brand with approval and review - a really big product release and how the brand recognition compares to other known companies.

And try to make it fun...

Good Lord, that’s nauseating. They must be getting a chunk of change from them to shill like that.

The override for this product is comparable to others we represent. Being that July 11th was the initial launch date, we wanted to do something outside the box to get peoples attention. It certainly got the phone ringing...

So, according to these two hucksters, you should buy a Med Supp according to "Brand" only.

That wasn't the focus of the video, and I don't think Jill or I ever said that. We talked (at the 0:45 mark of the video) about the three most important parts of a MedSupp product - Rates, Comp, and Brand. While we did focus on the brand portion of the product and how it compares, we never said that Brand is the only thing that matters.

That video is embarrassing at best

You can certainly feel however you'd like about this video, or any video that we've done. However, I think that we worked really hard to show Agents in a fun way the actual data around the Brand Recognition of this company compared to others.

:confused: bigger than usps, Gatorade, Cadillac, budlight! baloney! I can't believe these lies! for shame! :D

With all due respect, these aren't lies. Did you read through the data offered in the link in the description? If you did, you would have seen the actual data the backed up the video. Here's the summary of the 2021 brand rankings that we referenced:
  • Ranked 183 - AFLAC
  • Ranked 187 - Cadillac
  • Ranked 189 - Gatorade
  • Ranked 202 - Wendy's
  • Ranked 206 - Bud Light
  • Ranked 220 - US Postal Service
  • Ranked 225 - Dr Pepper
  • Ranked 240 - Levi's
  • Ranked 246 - Jack Daniels
  • Ranked 255 - Chik-Fil-A
  • Ranked 334 - Doritos
Data available at: https://brandirectory.com/rankings/us/2021/table

I appreciate the feedback on our videos. We make a wide range of content for you, and Agents like you.

With all due respect, these aren't lies. Did you read through the data offered in the link in the description? If you did, you would have seen the actual data the backed up the video. Here's the summary of the 2021 brand rankings that we referenced:
  • Ranked 183 - AFLAC
  • Ranked 187 - Cadillac
  • Ranked 189 - Gatorade
  • Ranked 202 - Wendy's
  • Ranked 206 - Bud Light
  • Ranked 220 - US Postal Service
  • Ranked 225 - Dr Pepper
  • Ranked 240 - Levi's
  • Ranked 246 - Jack Daniels
  • Ranked 255 - Chik-Fil-A
  • Ranked 334 - Doritos
Data available at: https://brandirectory.com/rankings/us/2021/table

I appreciate the feedback on our videos. We make a wide range of content for you, and Agents like you.
Finally found AFLAC on page 8. Their rank dropped 12 spots from the previous year.

Hard for those of us that were around the last time AFLAC entered the Med Supp market in an enormous way, to take them seriously. Will they last a year this time?

Last edited:
Finally found AFLAC on page 8. Their rank dropped 12 spots from the previous year.

Hard for those of us that were around the last time AFLAC entered the Med Supp market in an enormous way, to take them seriously. Will they last a year this time?
AFLAC has never been good dealing with brokers. This time they latched onto Integrity which has a huge brokerage force so maybe it will be different this time.

Back