Aged Leads - How old is too old?

Its mostly activity based. To make at least $50,000 in this industry, you have to be putting in 40 hours a week of activity, especially when you're first getting started. Most will make more than that, however the common denominator as to why some are not being as successful as they'd like to be is because of activity.

So if you have the leads to keep you working for 40+ hours a week, then you wont have time to DK. If you dont have the means to get that much activity based on leads, you should buy a good pair of walking shoes.

If youre not willing to DK, not working at least 40 hours a week, and dissatisfied with your results. Final Expense is not for you.

You might want to look at a career shop that can help with alot of the legwork like marketing and processing applications.

Just hung up with a new agent who took 50 leads that were all More than a year old! He made 3 sales yesterday and took his second application for the day a few minutes ago.

"It's not even 11 am here in rainy Florida"

Man, aged leads can easily be the best deal for a Return On Investment when they are worked effectively!

It is absolutely not about activity. I know agents that worked their asses off and failed out.

I know of agents that don't work all that many hours and succeed wildly in this business.

Working stupid will never cut it. No matter how hard one works stupidly.

I know many $200K and up producers. I don't know of a single one that cold DK's or cold calls.

I think there might be one that does the cloverleaf thing. But I'm not sure if he does that.

Most everyone DK's some leads that they just can't get in touch with any other way.

I DK'ed a little yesterday and sold 2 policies from DK's. I do quite well when I DK. Especially considering how much I hate it. It wasn't cold DK'ing though. They had sent in a card.

A new agent for this business just needs to find someone doing what the agent wants to do and then copy what that agent is doing.

There are IMO's out there that have a proven record of training FE agents. There's far more that have no such record.

Just avoid the ones without a proven record. On here that would be the ones recruiting and talking shat by PM.

In the real world it's the ones that won't show you that proof. Or give releases. Or share the commission grid up front.

The big one is the no release. Anyone can be mislead and chose wrong. But having release makes that a temporary problem.

They don't get more crooked than the IMO that won't release.

Just hung up with a new agent who took 50 leads that were all More than a year old! He made 3 sales yesterday and took his second application for the day a few minutes ago.

"It's not even 11 am here in rainy Florida"

Man, aged leads can easily be the best deal for a Return On Investment when they are worked effectively!
I am satisfied with the aged Direct Mail leads.. but don't particularly like the aged TM leads.. Like have a copy of the card with their handwriting. However, it seems all the lead companies are selling aged TN leads.. Anyone sell aged DM leads on the open market? Assume to buy the EFES leads on a regular basis, you have to be contracted with them.

I am satisfied with the aged Direct Mail leads.. but don't particularly like the aged TM leads.. Like have a copy of the card with their handwriting. However, it seems all the lead companies are selling aged TN leads.. Anyone sell aged DM leads on the open market? Assume to buy the EFES leads on a regular basis, you have to be contracted with them.

Talk to Ben to be sure, but I think we can hook you up.

I've gotten them a couple of times from Niche Market Insurers. They just require you to have a contract with at least one of their carriers. They've never mentioned a production requirement.
Order Aged Direct Mail Leads For As Low As $2.00 Each
I wouldn't get the C leads, though. Some of them are pretty old! I knocked a couple of them that were in their 90's. Age on the card said late '70's. I figure I've already got plenty of aged leads of my own if they're gonna be 10+ years old!

Last edited:

You don't have to be contracted with us to buy them. It is just a little harder process until the new page is completed. We will have it to where you can just go in and shop/add to cart/buy like we currently have it for our agents. We have it now, but it is INSIDE the main portal. We are working on moving it outside of the main portal.

But in the meantime, I have no problem getting people leads.

Back