Agents with Smart Phones

I'm thinking of getting a "smartphone." But, I can't think of what I would use it for vs. my trusty cell phone.

What practical uses are there to a smartphone? Am I missing out on something useful?

(Besides being worried about losing it!):skeptical:

Email on the go, web access, tons of apps to simplify and organize your life, contact management, etc...it's like having a mini laptop in your pocket.

Beware though...once you get one there is no going back!

Email on the go, web access, tons of apps to simplify and organize your life, contact management, etc...it's like having a mini laptop in your pocket.

Beware though...once you get one there is no going back!

"tons of apps to simplify" LOL

I lost my "smart" phone this summer and downgraded. Couldn't be happier. I want my phone to just make and recieve calls and I want buttons to push not some slimy glass screen. That is simplifying your life. ha
banana.gif

"tons of apps to simplify" LOL

I lost my "smart" phone this summer and downgraded. Couldn't be happier. I want my phone to just make and recieve calls and I want buttons to push not some slimy glass screen. That is simplifying your life. ha
banana.gif
A life of VCRs and 8-tracks for you!;)

A life of VCRs and 8-tracks for you!;)

In my day I would walk 10 miles in neck deep snow, up hill both ways wearing flip flops just to get the newest Pink Floyd 8-track. My daughter just pushes buttons from the comfort of our couch to load songs on her I-Pad and won't use the dang ear phones I buy her. Of course I just bought and loaded Bob Seger's ultimate hits to my I-Pad. Sweet.
rockon.gif

In my day I would walk 10 miles in neck deep snow, up hill both ways wearing flip flops just to get the newest Pink Floyd 8-track. My daughter just pushes buttons from the comfort of our couch to load songs on her I-Pad and won't use the dang ear phones I buy her. Of course I just bought and loaded Bob Seger's ultimate hits to my I-Pad. Sweet.
rockon.gif

Bob Seger... is that Eddie Money's brother?

What bb do you have? I recently picked up the new bold 9930 and I gotta tell ya it is awesome. I considered a droid also but the new berries are on par in a lot of respects...you may want to at least take a look if you like the UI of blackberry.

I've seen 'em, I like 'em, but I like the Droid and iPhone interfaces better...

Two big reasons:

1.) BB is in a lot of trouble financially right now. If they don't turn that ship around, they're going down, and I want an interface that will be around for the long haul

2.) It drives me nuts to have to use a password EVERY time I want to use my phone. There are many reasons I might pick up my BB that have nothing to do with business. If I haven't used it in the last 20 minutes or so, it locks and I have to type in a 10 digit password.

With iPhone and Android, you can keep business stuff behind the password, and everything else on the outside. I may decide at some point to put everything behind a password, but I'd like to have that option. With Blackberry, as far as I can tell, there is no way to accomplish this.

Not to mention, android and iphone have some fun toys available on 'em *lol*

I've seen 'em, I like 'em, but I like the Droid and iPhone interfaces better...

Two big reasons:

1.) BB is in a lot of trouble financially right now. If they don't turn that ship around, they're going down, and I want an interface that will be around for the long haul

2.) It drives me nuts to have to use a password EVERY time I want to use my phone. There are many reasons I might pick up my BB that have nothing to do with business. If I haven't used it in the last 20 minutes or so, it locks and I have to type in a 10 digit password.

With iPhone and Android, you can keep business stuff behind the password, and everything else on the outside. I may decide at some point to put everything behind a password, but I'd like to have that option. With Blackberry, as far as I can tell, there is no way to accomplish this.

Not to mention, android and iphone have some fun toys available on 'em *lol*

How do you do that on a droid?

How do you do that on a droid?

Through keeping all business and client related materials behind the Good Mobile Messaging program's password, and keeping everything else outside of Good, I think. I don't own one yet, but that's my understanding. Could be wrong... happens often

Back