Agents with Smart Phones

Left my phone at a hotel in Daytona Beach this summer. Didn't even notice until the next day as I was ignoring the world for a few days. Frickin maid said she never saw it. Bitch. But I let it go, had nights on the beach, sitting around a fire drinking beer.

Last edited:
Left my phone at a hotel in Daytona Beach this summer. Didn't even notice until the next day as I was ignoring the world for a few days. Frickin maid said she never saw it. Bitch. But I let it go, had nights on the beach, sitting around a fire drinking beer.

That blows. I fear the day I lose mine as I keep so much info on it. It's the reason I'm so anal about were it is and who touches it. What a horrible disease!

That blows. I fear the day I lose mine as I keep so much info on it. It's the reason I'm so anal about were it is and who touches it. What a horrible disease!
I sync Outlook to my android device so I have client info on my phone too, but I do not have SS numbers in my Outlook data or phone. As I understand it, the real damage comes when both a name and SS# are stolen together, but not as bad if only a name and address, etc.

I sync Outlook to my android device so I have client info on my phone too, but I do not have SS numbers in my Outlook data or phone. As I understand it, the real damage comes when both a name and SS# are stolen together, but not as bad if only a name and address, etc.

No, I don't put ss#'s in there but I do have passwords, combinations, all contacts and the such...basically anything I need to remember is in there.

I'm thinking of getting a "smartphone." But, I can't think of what I would use it for vs. my trusty cell phone.

What practical uses are there to a smartphone? Am I missing out on something useful?

(Besides being worried about losing it!):skeptical:

I was with my father and brother today shopping. My brother told me to call him when I got home since he wanted to show me his new website. I pulled out my iphone we went through his site.

There's nothing earth shattering about having one. The longer I have mine the more I realize that it's basically a toy. Like most toys, you play with it a lot when you get it. Now, after about three years I find myself using mine to make calls:-)

I never had one until they put the iphone 3g on sale for $49. That's about what it's worth.

Here's a few uses:

-built in gps
- full web browser, was at best buy looking at a media hd for my tv and checked amazon while at the store and found I could save $30 buy ordering online.
-full or better email capability.
-built in mp3/video player.
-Free Roboform app on Android. Can view all the sites I do on a reg pc and dont have to worry about pw's.

Back