AHIP studying and Carrier certification for MAPD

AHIP Medicare is not easy for the 1st year agent. I really pisses me off when people tell newbies that they can just wing the test. Years ago I worked in a Medicare agency and I saw how people were constantly failing the test. This years AHIP was the toughest AHIP that I have taken in my 8 years of doing Medicare. Now granted, I could toot my horn and tell people how I passed it on the first try, but I know that it is a hard test. You get 3 chances to get a 90 or better, and if you cannot pass, you are out for the season with most carriers.

If you are new to Medicare, then I recommend that you download the slides for each of the chapters. Once you go through all of the chapters, then go through the slides. After that, go back into the modules and take the end of the sections tests again. Then know where each area is in the various slides and be prepared to visit them to review.

lots of peeps tootn their horn about how fast they can do this ridiculous regulatory govt program. many gail each year and probably are better off selling real insurance that give u lifetime renewals whether u take certifications or not. MAPD reimbursement could stop w Trump or the next outfit. Many are riding a reckless train for it could be gone tomorrow. AHIP is just a tool to weed out probably the fortunate ones that can sell Life Dental Med Sup Annuities FE and not have a headache every year for a week

It is an open book TIMED test which uses wordy test questions often designed to trick people. Many agents do not finish the test in time. It is not easy for new people.

i heard some guy gets 50k on just pdp plans. if for some reason he has a health condition that requires care due to cognitive condition how does he keep training

they need to change this AHIP and renewal rule for retirees

It is an open book TIMED test which uses wordy test questions often designed to trick people. Many agents do not finish the test in time. It is not easy for new people.

It's really not that bad for new agents but apparently even harder for 14 year veterans who only complain about it.

Rick

Back