American Income

Memorial weekend they said everyone must work, no one takes vacation, because we are a union shop we take off Labor day weekend. They even strongly suggested road trip that weekend, looking back that was to ensure we were trapped out of town.

When Labor day weekend came around, same story, we all need to take a road trip! Surprised no one called out the bs, I looked around the room to find no one who had been there 3 mos before to hear the labor day declaration.

I found out later that the GMs were under tremendous pressure to recruit. There was much more emphasis on number of new agents than anything else. Torch assessed a $5,000 per month 'fine' for missing the new agent goal (1st app on a new code).

After I left, I heard they wanted to start charging my upline rent on his office.

Then they brought in a shady RM, and reassigned my upline's agents to that RM. Then after that RM ran afoul, my upline never got his agents back. Upline quit at year 8 I believe, just a bit shy of those 'lifetime renewals'.

I would not recommend unless the agent us 100% green, I did get good training though...I worked 14 hrs a day, 7 days a week, for 50% comish. Just don't get pulled into calling resumes for free like I did...get trained, get the feet wet, try not to stay long enough to get vectored, because I've heard that will stop your transition to indy.

you don't even get leads. they send out mailers to union members that mentions a free accidental death benefit available. Its a 5,000 ADR and you call them to schedule an appointment to "deliver" their benefits. Then your job is to sell them life insurance.

Its true you will get some good training. Its also true that you will work A LOT. I worked an average of 110 hours per week for 3 months when I started. I just got licensed so I was willing to do whatever to make it work. Needless to say, yes you can make some money, but they expect your life.

I left because I just got married and I wanted to see my wife again, and I hated that the "leads" weren't even leads. They were merely union members who thought I was going to there to deliver them some union benefits. There was never any mention or hint of life insurance or any kind of sales transaction that would transpire. I have a real problem with dishonestly and deception.

Gl out there :)

Even those Union leads were reworked to death...you'd call and say it was the new enrollment period.

The one time during my almost 1 year there, that I got actual fresh leads it was a 2hr drive to Columbus GA.

And even then, I was berated by the ga wife for 'creaming her leads' because I wasn't seeing the referrals I got for them, I was just going after the fresh leads.

The GAs are under tremendous pressure you won't know about, and it trickles down into near abuse of the agents.

The require attendance at the rah rah sessions, and require a certain dress code, both of which are not really legal to require in my state for a 1099 agent

It could be a good place to get the feet wet, but I've also heard they will stick you with vectors for any unearned commissions, which prevent going indy

The office I worked for used appointment sitters and we paid $70 per week for that service. We had 3-5 preset appointments all in the evening or on Saturday. A typical week was about 60-70 hours with appointments as far as two hours away. You work lots of hours, you drive lots of miles, burn lots of gasoline, and do not get home some evenings until 11-12:00 p.m.

Hey I got my feet wet with AIL. Like PaperHanger said, it was a LOT OF WORK for recycled leads and being told you had to be here on holidays and call night or you are fired! It took me about 3 months to wake up from a very long night. I never took the bait though to go into management and start recruiting and helping to pay for office staff. Two months in and you are management.

Memorial weekend they said everyone must work, no one takes vacation, because we are a union shop we take off Labor day weekend. They even strongly suggested road trip that weekend, looking back that was to ensure we were trapped out of town.

When Labor day weekend came around, same story, we all need to take a road trip! Surprised no one called out the bs, I looked around the room to find no one who had been there 3 mos before to hear the labor day declaration.

I found out later that the GMs were under tremendous pressure to recruit. There was much more emphasis on number of new agents than anything else. Torch assessed a $5,000 per month 'fine' for missing the new agent goal (1st app on a new code).

After I left, I heard they wanted to start charging my upline rent on his office.

Then they brought in a shady RM, and reassigned my upline's agents to that RM. Then after that RM ran afoul, my upline never got his agents back. Upline quit at year 8 I believe, just a bit shy of those 'lifetime renewals'.

I would not recommend unless the agent us 100% green, I did get good training though...I worked 14 hrs a day, 7 days a week, for 50% comish. Just don't get pulled into calling resumes for free like I did...get trained, get the feet wet, try not to stay long enough to get vectored, because I've heard that will stop your transition to indy.

A few years ago, I ended up at one of their recruiting meetings. After they were finished I asked the guy/manager if he gets his checks direct deposited into his bank. He said yes. I asked him to pull up his statements for the past month so I can see how much he makes... He showed me a couple of deposits for around $500-$800

Another consideration I just thought of...The AIL formula seems to hinge both on having both a central regional office to keep the rah rah in person, but since recruiting is the game, there is so many agents in that office, it forces most into the far flung areas at least an hour away.

And that's when the pets get the closer areas, and the reason you get home at midnight....just in time for tomorrow's 8 am rah rah session.

Tip, when they call you up in front of everyone to give you that surprise promotion to SA, and that big 2% bump in commission, just scribble instead of signing, and go talk to the GA in private to let them know
'No I won't be calling resumes for free with what little time I have left for my life.'

Yes, it is no life situation with AIL. Not a good place to work. The presentation is way too long, we were in peoples homes for hours trying to get the paperwork complete to have them cancel before you could get back to the office good.

Yes, it is no life situation with AIL. Not a good place to work. The presentation is way too long, we were in peoples homes for hours trying to get the paperwork complete to have them cancel before you could get back to the office good.

Goal was to do about 10 minutes of warm-up first, but you can move through the pitch (hour of power, blah blah blah) in about 15 minutes.

Goal was to do about 10 minutes of warm-up first, but you can move through the pitch (hour of power, blah blah blah) in about 15 minutes.

I agree. The presentation only took about 15 minutes unless they were buyers.

Back