• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

American National

They did send me a copy of their brochure. Everything is reasonable and customary charges. As far as I'm concerned that's an issue. By the time you add the Rx rider, the outpatient rider and the Doctor rider you're premium is way out there.

And for those of you that don't think full Rx coverage is important -- I have a client 33 year old male that got Hepatitis C from a blood transfusion when he was 6 months old, no he's not a druggie. He was told that with the new treatments, if he did not need a transplant, the drugs would be $1,600 per treatment and he would need to do that once a week. Yes, that's outrageous and if it had been anybody else I wouldn't have believed it. If he had been covered by Aetna or BC/BS or Unicare, he would have gone through the limitation before the first month was up. On top of that if he had needed a transplant I can't even imagine what the anti-rejection drugs cost. I always make sure everyone knows about the limitations and usually they'll take a higher deductible then to have Rx to the plan limit. Is the Hep C an extreme example probably but that's the purpose of insurance, cover the big stuff!!

Very sage stuff, Susie. As a 17 year veteran of this business, I'm impressed. WAY impressed.

In Texas on the individual plans BC/BS and Aetna both have yearly limits of $5,000 on Rx. And BC/BS's best plan still has it. So why would someone pay more to be with BC/BS when they can have plan limit on Rx with other companies for the same of less premium. Both of those companies live on their reputation from the group side and nobody ever pays attention to limitations. I haven't looked at the Unicare exclusions in a while 'cause I refuse to sell them. Heard too many horror stories but I also know that everybody has a story about all of them. It's just that I've heard too many about Unicare.

While we're on the subject of limitations do y'all know of anybody besides World and American Republic that don't limit physical therapy to some degree?

You don't need something exotic like Hep or cancer to run your Rx bill up there.

I have 2 clients with psoriasis who take Enbrel. Wholesale pricing is $1500/mo.

You don't die from psoriais, or need transplants, you just are miserable when you can't get relief.

The ANICO plan covers Rx at 50% (brand) after a $1000 or $2000 deductible. This is like Core Med but with a higher deductible.

People who say you don't need a good Rx benefit either have no clue or are more interested in making a sale than they are their clients wellbeing.

And $10k outpatient limits? A disabling injury and you can run through that in a couple of months. FWIW, outpatient is more than just doc visits.

Max payment for any one illness or injury is $1M. God help you if you have a premie, burn, head or spinal cord injury and need coverage.

Who wants to sell this?

Not me.

You don't need something exotic like Hep or cancer to run your Rx bill up there.

You don't die from psoriais, or need transplants, you just are miserable when you can't get relief.

The ANICO plan covers Rx at 50% (brand) after a $1000 or $2000 deductible. This is like Core Med but with a higher deductible.

People who say you don't need a good Rx benefit either have no clue or are more interested in making a sale than they are their clients wellbeing.

And $10k outpatient limits? A disabling injury and you can run through that in a couple of months. FWIW, outpatient is more than just doc visits.

Max payment for any one illness or injury is $1M. God help you if you have a premie, burn, head or spinal cord injury and need coverage.

Who wants to sell this?

Not me.

but its 25%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who wants to sell this?

Not me.

Not that this has anything to do with this topic but as an aside. We've been sending out our annual renewal forms and for 2008 we added a FREE REPORT on umbrella liability insurance. (For those with state minimum limits on your car insurance or even 100/300 limits you really neeed to find a good P&C agent btw.) We've written a number of new umbrella policies from this report. Well today we were floored. We had someone hand write a note on their renewal form basically shaming us for using horror stories to sell insurance. I can't for the life of me figure out how to sell an umbrella policy or health insurance, or any type of life insurance or DI without horror stories. Some people just pay insurance premiums without knowing why...

:swoon:

Well today we were floored. We had someone hand write a note on their renewal form basically shaming us for using horror stories to sell insurance.

Ya know what? Here's my take on them...f*ck 'em.

They don't think that this stuff ever happens. When it DOES, they're the first to complain.

You warned 'em. That's all you can do.

Horror stories are mostly fiction.

I deal in reality & facts.

word.............

healthcard-1.jpg

healthcard2006-1.jpg

Back