Any FE agent lifters here??

I work out all the time. Weights, yoga, swim, hiking, dirtbiking. I work out anywhere from 1 to 3 times a day. Usually 1 or 2. I don't really focus on lifting a lot of weight, I find it counter productive in some ways.

But, I'm not an FE agent.
You are on the right track, especially as you get older...I maxed out on my linear progression with all 4 of the compound lifts....always loved the deadlift so I continue them...I prefer leg press and sissy squats over barbell squats nowadays and I prefer dumbell presses over barbell military press...still love the barbell bench press, although its my weakest compound movement but strangely my pecs are my fastest and most responsive muscle group. I tend to concentrate more on isolation movements and still work in a few compound movements....added cardio back in as well daily after workouts. Its all about doing what works for you.

You are on the right track, especially as you get older...I maxed out on my linear progression with all 4 of the compound lifts....always loved the deadlift so I continue them...I prefer leg press and sissy squats over barbell squats nowadays and I prefer dumbell presses over barbell military press...still love the barbell bench press, although its my weakest compound movement but strangely my pecs are my fastest and most responsive muscle group. I tend to concentrate more on isolation movements and still work in a few compound movements....added cardio back in as well daily after workouts. Its all about doing what works for you.

The yoga and hiking keep my legs and core strong, so most of my gym time is upper body.

That's interesting what you say about your pecs. I've always been disproportionately and almost freakishly naturally strong in my rows for some reason.

Honestly, I think if you eat well, stay active, and drink lots of water, you're pretty much good. What kind of workouts your doing, this and that, blah blah blah, don't get me wrong, it's all good, but doing those three things (good food, active, and hydrate) you're good generally speaking, in my opinion.

The yoga and hiking keep my legs and core strong, so most of my gym time is upper body.

That's interesting what you say about your pecs. I've always been disproportionately and almost freakishly naturally strong in my rows for some reason.

Honestly, I think if you eat well, stay active, and drink lots of water, you're pretty much good. What kind of workouts your doing, this and that, blah blah blah, don't get me wrong, it's all good, but doing those three things (good food, active, and hydrate) you're good generally speaking, in my opinion.
100% agree..diets fail but a lifestyle remains. Im about to buy another Trek mountain bike and start biking again as well..I like to switch cardio up...rows, treadmill, biking. I do think having muscle mass does absolutely help with fighting off disease and early death....good insulin sensitivity etc.

100% agree..diets fail but a lifestyle remains. Im about to buy another Trek mountain bike and start biking again as well..I like to switch cardio up...rows, treadmill, biking. I do think having muscle mass does absolutely help with fighting off disease and early death....good insulin sensitivity etc.

And lotion :arghh::biggrin:

Do you follow Mike Matthews? I've been listening to his podcast for a while and read his books. He mentions Rippetoe often.

Slowly progressing on lifting but not quite where you are yet. Good stuff.

Gotta safety squat bar last year, never looked back.
Brother...when i started working out i squatted about a month...then bought a safety squat bar...perfect. My chicken wings cant handle that weird positioning behind the bar, gave me elbow pain real quick.

Do you follow Mike Matthews? I've been listening to his podcast for a while and read his books. He mentions Rippetoe often.

Slowly progressing on lifting but not quite where you are yet. Good stuff.
I have both of Mike Matthews books. Its good stuff, I ran his program for a year on the 5x per week split in the workbook. He basically runs a modified starting strength program and includes a lot of accessory work as well...its a great program and he knows what he is talking about...its always funny to hear him on Rippetoes podcast....Mark is always giving him shit about curls and cardio. Mikes cookbook the shredded chef sux though.

Back