Any older agents out there?

The military has a huge presence here in Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Escambia counties. Eglin AFB and Pensacola Naval Air Station and their affiliates are big.

Marketers will tell new agents otherwise,but the concept of buying 20 leads every week and chasing them down is part of the wash,rinse,repeat part of the business. Driving 500-1000 miles a week,spending all that time in a car,eating fast food or a bagged lunch,urinating and defecating off dirt roads or in public facilities is a really lousy quality of life long term. That’s for the new guys,mostly in their 20’s or early 30’s that believe all the “marketer talk”,the stuff they talk about at SL and LH recruiting seminars. Out of the very high agent failure,burnout rate,the ones that make it long term modify their pace in the business or get off the street and attempt to build a down line. If you could just magically get your 20 leads every week,month after month,year after year,and have such a great quality of life,ask marketers why aren’t they out there doing it for a 30 year career.

I have been truthfully posting my experiences for several years. The recruiters don't like it because they want all new agents to think that all you have to do is buy 20 leads a week and contact them and you will write $3000+AP each and every week. When I responded to Bowman's $18 DM lead e-mail last week he stated that he has several agents here and they find the area "super easy" to work. What is super easy about having to door knock instead of calling and setting an appointment or leaving the house at 8am and getting home at 8pm or driving 300 miles a day or having be told not to knock on my door again without calling knowing you'd call several times with no answer or pulling up to a locked gate with a house 100 yards down the drive and a pit bull on the other side daring you to try to come in or making the mistake of coming in and getting bit and having your pants leg torn off or knocking and the guy laughs when he opens the door because he knows you paid for the lead and he never intended to buy or having to pee in the woods because the area is so rural. I seriously doubt there is any agent working from Pensacola to Tallahassee who consistently writes $15,000AP+ each and every month with a persistency of 75%. I have never been able to do that and I would sure like to talk to one that does.

If a guy makes it in the business and becomes silver haired he should have the marketers out . That should not stop a capable agent from making a good living in the business. Marketers that are snakes know where they can’t sell the kool side.

Bingo Noah you hit the nail on the head . All the dudes on here that have done $300k a yr . Every one of them is recruiting like crazy as they know its a shitty life driving 500-1000 miles a week dealing with unloyal clients who'll switch in a second. To build a real business most people will have to get into med supps with normal non broke fe people and become educators and problem solvers .

No matter what anyone tells me,mail cards need to be door knocked. My own clients do not answer the phone. How many times have you been sitting with someone and the phone rings,they don’t pay any attention because they believe it’s a telemarketer? Back to the OP topic..... How many guys in their 55+ age group are riding around all day in rough neighborhoods (black) and door knocking for FE ? Is that a smart occupation?

Bingo Noah you hit the nail on the head . All the dudes on here that have done $300k a yr . Every one of them is recruiting like crazy as they know its a shitty life driving 500-1000 miles a week dealing with unloyal clients who'll switch in a second. To build a real business most people will have to get into med supps with normal non broke fe people and become educators and problem solvers .
You can do FE with Non Broke people... I have written business owners, educators, blue collar retirees. I did not do a lot of FE business last year but my persistency was 100%. You don't have to scrape the bottom of the income barrel. You might not get as many leads back by putting an income floor but you probably make the same or possibly more money with less headaches.

No matter what anyone tells me,mail cards need to be door knocked. My own clients do not answer the phone. How many times have you been sitting with someone and the phone rings,they don’t pay any attention because they believe it’s a telemarketer? Back to the OP topic..... How many guys in their 55+ age group are riding around all day in rough neighborhoods (black) and door knocking for FE ? Is that a smart occupation?
I door knock for FE and debit in the inner city. Maybe even less smart! But I’ve built up a loyal clientele over the years, who look out for me as much as they can.

The other day, I was getting back in my car at the grocery store near where I live, about 40 miles from my main debit area (South Dallas). As I was about to take my cart to the rack, somebody called my name. I turned, and it was the son of one of my clients. I haven’t seen him since he was a teenager living at home, several years ago. But he still recognized me, and knew my name! He’s married now, and works for a soft drink company. My neighborhood Kroger is one of his accounts. He seemed genuinely happy to see me, as I was him!

I didn’t bring up his insurance at that time because he seemed to be in a hurry, and I actually was, too. But I expect to see him again, and that he and his wife will become clients.

I still need to make a living, so earning income is still the driving force in my business. But I also really value the relational side. It’s the thing that will keep me going for a long while yet. (I tell everybody that when the Lord calls me home, it will be from a porch in South Dallas where I’ve just knocked on the door!)

I have been truthfully posting my experiences for several years. The recruiters don't like it because they want all new agents to think that all you have to do is buy 20 leads a week and contact them and you will write $3000+AP each and every week. When I responded to Bowman's $18 DM lead e-mail last week he stated that he has several agents here and they find the area "super easy" to work. What is super easy about having to door knock instead of calling and setting an appointment or leaving the house at 8am and getting home at 8pm or driving 300 miles a day or having be told not to knock on my door again without calling knowing you'd call several times with no answer or pulling up to a locked gate with a house 100 yards down the drive and a pit bull on the other side daring you to try to come in or making the mistake of coming in and getting bit and having your pants leg torn off or knocking and the guy laughs when he opens the door because he knows you paid for the lead and he never intended to buy or having to pee in the woods because the area is so rural. I seriously doubt there is any agent working from Pensacola to Tallahassee who consistently writes $15,000AP+ each and every month with a persistency of 75%. I have never been able to do that and I would sure like to talk to one that does.

Just because you haven't done something does not mean it can't be done.

You are talking about agents writing $15,000/month consistently. To do that on 20 leads per week, an agent would have to close 30%+. Only the elite of the elite can do that. When you reached out to me, you wanted 100% level and to pay $18/lead for a Life Insurance card with FILTERS ON IT. You also wanted to take 10 leads per week. I would be paying $14-$16 per lead out of pocket for you. I told you I would pass on that and wished you luck. This program is NOT for agents to get a super low amount of leads, it is to help agents get a LOT of leads to increase their success.

As far as me lying about producers hitting those numbers there, what reason did I have to lie to you? I had already declined your offer and wished you luck. I was not moving forward with working with you. I had no motive.

We DO have producers that buy 8 leads per week, 10 leads per week, A LOT buying 15 leads per week. We have no problem with that. I just don't allow those agents to get on the Impact Program on a discounted lead price. Buying the bare minimum brings in the bare minimum. This usually causes agents to fail (although I do not think you are an agent that will fail).

I have an agent that produces way more than $15,000/month in the area you mentioned. You don't think it can happen and he doesn't think an agent should even try it by only buying 20 leads per week. You can buy the bare minimum and cross your fingers or you can do what he did and bought PLENTY each week to ensure he hits his income goals.

Many different ways to approach this business. Just because your way didn't work, doesn't mean other agents way doesn't.

Driving 500-1000 miles a week,spending all that time in a car,eating fast food or a bagged lunch,urinating and defecating off dirt roads or in public facilities is a really lousy quality of life long term. That’s for the new guys,

Been there done that. When I was a new guy.

If you could just magically get your 20 leads every week,month after month,year after year,and have such a great quality of life,ask marketers why aren’t they out there doing it for a 30 year career.

How many times have you been sitting with someone and the phone rings,they don’t pay any attention because they believe it’s a telemarketer?

I text my people before I call so they will answer. Or we just do the majority by text. Not FE though. But SIWL used to pay for Final Expenses. FE people don't have cell phones much less text :1rolleyes:

How many guys in their 55+ age group are riding around all day in rough neighborhoods (black) and door knocking for FE ? Is that a smart occupation?

I am more afraid of the Dixie Flag, chained pit bull houses. But yeah, I don't do that any longer. I worked Oakland during some of the worst gang years.

You can do FE with Non Broke people... I have written business owners, educators, blue collar retirees.

Unicorn!

But I’ve built up a loyal clientele over the years, who look out for me as much as they can.

I see agents discussing data list, mailing and calling list. I can see if they were new and had a small book. However, after a few years you build up a large warm filterable database of people that know your name.

Latest posts

Back