Any Suggestions Here?

Looks like American Home Life would give her (Graded 50/75/100). Not cheap, 10k=$49, but may be the best benefit. I have never wrote a graded with them, but it looks like the bypass is ok as long as it's not accompanied by CHF.

Looks like better coverage and less money than Humana @ $56.48.

Looks like American Home Life would give her (Graded 50/75/100). Not cheap, 10k=$49, but may be the best benefit. I have never wrote a graded with them, but it looks like the bypass is ok as long as it's not accompanied by CHF.

SNL would be $34.88 for $10K. Yes it's ROP for 2 yrs, but it's 100% after 2 yrs instead of 3 yrs like mentioned in the previous post. Explain both scenarios and I bet most people will choose the lower premium with full coverage after 2 years even if it's ROPE for 2 yrs.

SNL would be $34.88 for $10K. Yes it's ROP for 2 yrs, but it's 100% after 2 yrs instead of 3 yrs like mentioned in the previous post. Explain both scenarios and I bet most people will choose the lower premium with full coverage after 2 years even if it's ROPE for 2 yrs.

Actually they will choose which ever one I recommend! The problem with both of those policies is that they are going to get replaced as soon as she is 2 yrs out from the bypass, being that she is otherwise very healthy. Usually I'm going to put this with SNL since an immediate benefit isn't available anywhere else. But it's always nice to have a true graded available if it's something the client is interested in.

Actually they will choose which ever one I recommend! The problem with both of those policies is that they are going to get replaced as soon as she is 2 yrs out from the bypass, being that she is otherwise very healthy. Usually I'm going to put this with SNL since an immediate benefit isn't available anywhere else. But it's always nice to have a true graded available if it's something the client is interested in.

Unless you are going to be the replacing agent you don't know that.. Plus, there is no way to project her health two years from now. There could be a change that would mean she could not buy anything other than a true GI at an even higher premium and another limited benefit period. She could go to bed one night in apparent perfect health and wake up the next morning with a knot on her neck that turns out to be cancer. As agents, we deal in the here and now when it comes to underwriting.. not in what might be in the future.

Dollars to donuts that doesn't happen and there are a few reasons why...

1. Replacing your own business generally is frowned upon. I still recall a phone call from Tommy on one.

2. She is about 8 months out from a bypass. There is a good chance something else will happen in the next two years, she may not even be with us then.

3. You have solved the problem. In 2 years she'll have full coverage, most people aren't in a big hurry to revisit a solved problem.

Dollars to donuts that doesn't happen and there are a few reasons why... 1. Replacing your own business generally is frowned upon. I still recall a phone call from Tommy on one. 2. She is about 8 months out from a bypass. There is a good chance something else will happen in the next two years, she may not even be with us then. 3. You have solved the problem. In 2 years she'll have full coverage, most people aren't in a big hurry to revisit a solved problem.

I wasn't referring to replacing my own business, I was trying to insulate my business from being replaced by someone else. My point was that two years from now, both the ROP and the Graded will provided the exact same benefit, but the ROP will be cheaper, thus tougher for someone to replace.
I had a very similar case this afternoon, showed her both the graded and the ROP, and she chose to assume the risk of the ROP as the difference in premium was very significant in her eyes. And she knew for a FACT that was going to live at least 10 more years.

Dollars to donuts that doesn't happen and there are a few reasons why...

1. Replacing your own business generally is frowned upon. I still recall a phone call from Tommy on one.

2. She is about 8 months out from a bypass. There is a good chance something else will happen in the next two years, she may not even be with us then.

3. You have solved the problem. In 2 years she'll have full coverage, most people aren't in a big hurry to revisit a solved problem.

I'd like to think that replacing it with a better plan of the same carrier wouldn't upset them too much

I wasn't referring to replacing my own business, I was trying to insulate my business from being replaced by someone else. My point was that two years from now, both the ROP and the Graded will provided the exact same benefit, but the ROP will be cheaper, thus tougher for someone to replace.
I had a very similar case this afternoon, showed her both the graded and the ROP, and she chose to assume the risk of the ROP as the difference in premium was very significant in her eyes. And she knew for a FACT that was going to live at least 10 more years.

Dang did her birth certificate come with an expiration date?

Back