• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Anybody Have Experience with Unique Writers

----------

This is Mike, president of Unique Writers. Sadly, Mr. Biallas and his rants are sorely mistaken. I have sent him an email that shows I sent the request for his release PRIOR to getting a response back from 5 Star saying they terminated him due to some very negative threads he was putting on Insurance forums. Hopefully Matt is man enough to come back on here and apologize for his incorrect assumptions. We treated Matt fairly and appreciated the production he did send our way but in the end he only felt loyalty to "5 more points" or "$5 less per lead". I am not a fan of the arms race and believe through 25 years experience there is so much more to this business than "more points" or "cheaper leads". I know many agents that make well over 6 figures and have producing down line agents and are very happy in a family atmosphere. I also know many agents that pushed their way into their perceived "nirvana" of 120 point contracts only to wash out of the business within a year. Would you rather make $150,000 a year on a 100% contract or $50,000 a year on a 120? Ultimately that choice is yours as an independent agent and I respect it as well as wish you all the best in your career. Regardless of which path you choose, I hope you are all wise enough to know that if you call out an insurance carrier in a negative way you are just asking to be terminated....BY THEM! Lastly, for what it's worth, to the best of my knowledge as of today, Matt still hasn't paid off the debt. Now you know "the rest of the story". It's too bad that the majority of the posts are negative in nature rather than a "sharing" of sales ideas that yield great success. It would be cool if 90 plus percent of the posts were agents sharing success with other agents. I fully expect most responses to my post to be negative in nature, such is our business all too often these days. Sorry for the length of this but it will be my only post. Best to all of you! Mike

>>We treated Matt fairly and appreciated the production he did send our way but in the end he only felt loyalty to "5 more points" or "$5 less per lead".

I agree with this to a degree. I have several contracts with a guy I have been under for years. I could easily get a few more points somewhere else. I have moved if the spread was significant and I do bigger numbers with that company. But for a few points only, no.

>>Would you rather make $150,000 a year on a 100% contract or $50,000 a year on a 120?

Brother, Please! Does anyone buy that fatal alternative crap? Are you saying it is either or? So the same guy that succeeds at 100% will fail at 120%?

If I were owed money I would need to be paid first also.

So are you saying that if an agent does not owe a debt you will release them? If not, Why?

>>Would you rather make $150,000 a year on a 100% contract or $50,000 a year on a 120?

Brother, Please! Does anyone buy that fatal alternative crap? Are you saying it is either or? So the same guy that succeeds at 100% will fail at 120%?

That was the first thing I thought. Crazy logic. (Or lack of logic.)
Also, criticizing an agent over jumping for 5% is ridiculous, as well. If an agent is putting up a lot of production, 5% could equal thousands of dollars per year in additional income. That extra money means quite a bit to most families. I believe that most agents (and people in general) will have more loyalty to their own family's well being, before making a company more money. Lastly, if someone will pay this agent an additional 5%, just match it and keep them. There's no reason to get angry at the agent for trying to get the most out of their career.

That was the first thing I thought. Crazy logic. (Or lack of logic.)
Also, criticizing an agent over jumping for 5% is ridiculous, as well. If an agent is putting up a lot of production, 5% could equal thousands of dollars per year in additional income. That extra money means quite a bit to most families. I believe that most agents (and people in general) will have more loyalty to their own family's well being, before making a company more money. Lastly, if someone will pay this agent an additional 5%, just match it and keep them. There's no reason to get angry at the agent for trying to get the most out of their career.

What he said.

Also if the (IMO) brings value, a wise agent adds that into the equation. Now, it is not up to the IMO to value the value, contrary to many's thinking.

>>We treated Matt fairly and appreciated the production he did send our way but in the end he only felt loyalty to "5 more points" or "$5 less per lead".

I agree with this to a degree. I have several contracts with a guy I have been under for years. I could easily get a few more points somewhere else. I have moved if the spread was significant and I do bigger numbers with that company. But for a few points only, no.

I am sure that IMOs, Unique Writers in particular never consider the comp rates or perks when deciding which carrier to promote more heavily. Why, switching from promting one company over the others for an extra 5 points is something only an agent would do. IMOs are far more loyal than that.

I am sure that IMOs, Unique Writers in particular never consider the comp rates or perks when deciding which carrier to promote more heavily. Why, switching from promting one company over the others for an extra 5 points is something only an agent would do. IMOs are far more loyal than that.

Very good point.

----------

Another reason not to put all your contracts under one IMO. At the end of the day they are going to feed their business before they care about yours.

Some marriages that started in love and lust end in some very bad divorces.

I wonder if Mike would be willing to give us a weather report from China? Is the fog still bad in Being?

He should have put his skills to use in the Northeast, they needed some help digging out from all those snowstorms.

Back