Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

Right on, mikeyv. You can always spot a millennial at a thousand yards. Just look for the arrogance, indecision, complete sense of entitlement, rudeness, viciousness, vindictiveness, total disregard and lack of respect for anyone's age, experience, credentials, qualifications, etc. I could go on, but the texting is a dead give away. LOL:laugh:

Btw, you didn't answer my question from before. Who's heading up the LifeTel management program, Rob or Elly?

Right on, mikeyv. You can always spot a millennial at a thousand yards. Just look for the arrogance, indecision, complete sense of entitlement, rudeness, viciousness, vindictiveness, total disregard and lack of respect for anyone's age, experience, credentials, qualifications, etc. I could go on, but the texting is a dead give away. LOL:laugh:

Btw, you didn't answer my question from before. Who's heading up the LifeTel management program, Rob or Elly?

Rob is working with the managers mostly, but I'm still working directly with Elly on all of my personal production. I've been talking with Rob A LOT though, trying to get things off the ground on the recruiting. Happy to report I'm off to a good start and have a handful of agents under me already:biggrin:

Have a phone interview with Elly on Monday. Im with Bankers life calling 150 #'s a day and going door to door working ridiculous hours for no pay or 40% split. Id like to put the effort into a home business and get the results. mikeyv7 and broncos12 you guys seem to be on point, if you put the effort in it will be a success.

Have a phone interview with Elly on Monday. Im with Bankers life calling 150 #'s a day and going door to door working ridiculous hours for no pay or 40% split. Id like to put the effort into a home business and get the results. mikeyv7 and broncos12 you guys seem to be on point, if you put the effort in it will be a success.

Ugh! Been there. Done that. There IS a better way. I'm serious, Redbeard, and you might know this already. First off, the LifeTel program just works and just makes sense. BUT! Here's the thing. You HAVE to listen, pay attention and work the system the way it was designed and intended to function. I've posted a couple of times about recently becoming part of the management program. It's been absolutely incredible to me already how you can lay out very simple instructions to someone and yet they just insist on "changing this", and trying to "tweak that". How does the old expression go. "I know exactly what I said, but I can't always attest to what he/she heard". That has never been more true than already my first few weeks working with agents. LOL. To be completely honest, I don't how long I'm going to last as a manager. I'm not sure I have the patience and it just confirms that Elly and them are saints. It was so nice and peaceful just worrying about myself and staying focused on the attention to detail of the system and getting MY number. And that's my point. LISTEN! It's a proven model that works. FOLLOW IT. Pay close attention to when they say certain things. For example, on leads. You can't expect to blow the doors off on just the free stuff. You HAVE to mix it up. You need good B Leads. You NEED A Leads. The internet stuff is filler, UNLESS you have an awesome CRM and can play the numbers on those. I guess I'm just venting a bit, because I never would have believed it myself until the last few weeks. DO NOT "reinvent the wheel", as they say. DON'T take simple instructions and try to overthink, and over complicate and take to the umphh, ridiculous degree. Trust the system, follow the system and you'll find success. :swoon:

definitely will follow the system and yes I will be mixing up the leads with A and B's to go with the free ones. I was getting 2 year old leads and turning them into appointments and closed sales so I know I can get it done. I see some people posting making anywhere from 2k to 3k a week is this possible with effort and the right lead mixture? As far as management I owned a business with 65 employees and yes its tough. You need to tell them to cover one ear when you talk to them and when they ask why , so it doesnt go in one ear and out the other....:D I am definitely interested in management in the future. Do you get to do the hiring or are they placed with you. Hopefully I will get to be able to chat with you in the future and talk about our success stories.

I am in the process of looking into different companies to work with. I spoke to Symmetry Financial, FEG, and now LifeTel. I am brand new to this industry and looking to speak to someone who works with LifeTel.

Thanks,

I am in the process of looking into different companies to work with. I spoke to Symmetry Financial, FEG, and now LifeTel. I am brand new to this industry and looking to speak to someone who works with LifeTel.

Thanks,

I work with LifeTel, obviously. What might I be able to answer for you? :)

Can you PM your number?

Bill

----------

I work with LifeTel, obviously. What might I be able to answer for you? :)

Thanks for the reply. I read some people have support issues for whatever reason. Is this because of the manager they are under?

Training, what can someone truly expect?

Are you building residuals with your sells or do you have to be a manager?

E&O a requirement?

How much are the A and B leads?

Thanks,

Can you PM your number?

Bill

----------

Thanks for the reply. I read some people have support issues for whatever reason. Is this because of the manager they are under?

Training, what can someone truly expect?

Are you building residuals with your sells or do you have to be a manager?

E&O a requirement?

How much are the A and B leads?

Thanks,

Hello Bill :) I just saw your PM comment above. I don't really check that very closely, just because it seems like some of the messages I received early on were subtle, and not so subtle, attempts to recruit me and it got a little annoying. I can answer some on these questions right here though, obviously.

First, I have personally never had a support issue with LifeTel at all. As I've posted, I've been with them roughly a year now and I've been posting on my experience with the company in this thread for just about the same period of time. My first manager was Elly and he has been, and really continues to be for personal production, my primary support person. Elly's been great with me and on many occasions over the last year, he's gone above and beyond in my opinion. I mean, I've had emails returned by him on Saturdays, Sundays and at times at some odd ball, late hours which tells me he can't have much of a personal life LOL. Seriously, I know that at least he checks his emails pretty close and is very responsive. Now, what is it like working directly with Ron or Jim or even Rob, for that matter, of course I couldn't say. I'm sure each of them have to perhaps have their own style and preferred way of working with their agents. That being said, I can't imagine they could be too much different from Elly, as quite frankly I've seen a great deal of continuity throughout the entire system and program over the course of the last year. I've seen some of the comments I think you're referencing also and I have a theory. I've also been posting that I'm a recent addition to their management program and I'm now myself actively talking with agents, training with them, etc. Even over the course of a pretty short time, just a few weeks, I've already been able to make a very interesting observation. This is honestly and truly not intended to put anybody down, but there are just some agents that seem just incapable of helping themselves and participating properly in the system. I'll give you this example. LifeTel has recorded video presentations that demonstrate how to utilize the different platforms we use and it literally shows you step by step, really "click by click" how to do it. I learned the platforms using the exact same demonstrations when I first signed on and it really couldn't have been simpler. If you actually watch them, follow along and pay attention, that is. Even though those videos are there and all agents are required to view them, I still get calls and emails in desperation from agents asking questions about things that are spelled out in a lot of detail right there in those video demonstrations. To me, it just says that the agent didn't even watch them. Instead, they want me to drop everything and carve out time to sit and walk them through exactly what is already prepared in a detailed video. I personally take issue with that. It's like they're just helpless and at times it's like they just won't sit on their own for even a minute and try to play with and figure out something on their own. For me, my first thought when I get an error message maybe or when I don't immediately see something, again, I'll play with it for a minute and see if I can figure it out on my own. I'll at least make the attempt. For others, the second they get that error message, they don't even try one more click of the mouse and they're calling. Look, I DON'T mind at all helping now my own agents. That's my job and that's what I now get an override for and I fully appreciate that. Honestly though, some times, often times, I just want to say "Come on, man". AND for some, if you don't immediately return that phone call to them, then it's YOU that's dropping the ball and you're a terrible manager. In 3 weeks now of management I guess, I've gotten sooo many "can I just talk to you for a minute" and "I just have a real quick question". So I call them and 30 minutes later we've been discussing what was plain as day in the first 5 or 10 minutes of the video demonstration. And the texting that I was talking about earlier. Okay look, I actually get texts on my work phone. I posted earlier that I was just out in their office and I saw a traditional phone system. I read one of the posts with the comments you referenced and my experience with a traditional phone system is you don't even receive text messages. So that's what I was saying in my earlier post. Who on their own just starts texting a phone number, without being specifically told to do so. The fact that my business line receives them, it just irritates the hell out of me, as I'm sure you can tell, and I'm just left asking why the hell are you texting me instead of just sending me an email to my business email address I instructed you to use. I never told them to start sending me text messages and yet they just opted to on their own, not even knowing if I'm even getting them by the way, and I get flak if those don't get answered fast enough. Synopsis... There are just some people that no matter what you do, you're just not going to satisfy them. This is just what I myself have already experienced in just 3 weeks with a small and slowly growing group of agents. Now, just imagine what Elly and the rest of the guys must have to contend with every day. Obviously, it has to be at least what I've already been experiencing times probably about a hundred. Again, you can't please everybody and some just won't ever be and outright refuse to be pleased. As I said, this is just my theory. Think about the OTHER side of some of those comments. I'm now living it! LOL.

Training with LifeTel is good. Think about a lot of what I've said above, though. I've personally heard several times from them that they expect us all to be "big boys and big girls" which to me just means that they have prepared resources to walk you through the simple stuff and they reserve the actual phone time for talking about true discussion worthy topics. In short, you're probably not going to get a lot of one on one instruction on how to click through step by step the quote engine. Why not. Because they have prepared videos that already show you how to do all of that. With that being said, while I've personally not had a session to show me click by click the basic functionality of the platform, I've had many, many conversations, phone conversations, with Elly working on the various platforms preparing quotes and numbers for specific, individual customers. BUT! Throughout training and my entire time with them, Elly has never not been completely patient, helpful and responsive and that includes when I've probably had some very remedial questions of my own and I'm sure I've had to have tested that patience at least a time or 2.

Your other questions:

You're immediately "vested" from the beginning starting as just a basic producer. You own your book, first year commissions, earned commissions, renewals (if applicable by product), etc., etc.

E&O is required and we're required to have our own individual policy. I got mine through N.A.P.A.

B Leads are $4 and A Leads are roughly $35+. It varies though slightly by area.

Hope this helps you, Bill :)

Back