• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Apple IPad Questions

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
First off, I am not a technical guru. I usually wait to see that I really need something.

I won an Apple iPad from FMO, seems many are offering these things as a prize. Is there a reason? (they get a good deal?)

Was wondering if there is a way to put insurance quoting software on it for presentations?

Its appearing to me you would need internet access to run quotes, but not able to quote offline with downloaded software?

Seems this thing is set up for me to have to pay more to use anything on it? (net, itunes, applications, etc.)

What could I use it for to help with business?

Thanks!

Last edited:
First off, I am not a technical guru. I usually wait to see that I really need something.

Was wondering if there is a way to put insurance quoting software on it for presentations?

Its appearing to me you would need internet access to run quotes, but not able to quote offline with downloaded software?

Seems this thing is set up for me to have to pay more to use anything on it? (net, itunes, applications, etc.)

Thanks!

First of all, if you really don't want it it is very easy to sell. High demand.

You can buy Docs to Go and run all your PowerPoint presentations as well as Word docs, Excell Spreadsheets, etc.

You can buy Form Tools for around $4 and do ALL your paper applications quicker right on the iPad.

If you have a decent cell phone you can use it as a mobile hotspot for the iPad and have full access to your online or desktop quoting software. I use go to my PC for that.

If you WANT to use it you can find plenty of ways. If you don't I would sell it.

I won an Apple iPad from FMO, seems many are offering these things as a prize. Is there a reason? (they get a good deal?)

Thanks!

does it have diamonds.......

Over 100 CTS Diamond Encrusted Apple iPad Platinum | eBay

Thanks for the responses!

Is there a way to put the insurance company quoting software on this thing?

I am thinking there is an operating system problem with doing this?

Not unless you find a company that specifically writes programs for iPad....I don't know of any.

If you have cell phone go to your cell phone store and ask if your phone can be a hotspot. If yes they will show you how. If not, buy a decent phone.

Then your iPad is always connected as long as your phone is nearby.

Next sign up for 30 day free trial of gotomyPC. This allows you to use your entire desktop and allnit's features and quoting software on your iPad. At the end of the 30 day free trial decline to buy the software (usually $9.95 monthly) they will contact you in a few days and offer a special deal of $5 monthly. Take that deal!

Your iPad is now a great business tool.

I sold my ipad because you cannot run quotes written for PC's. So you can't do much with LTC quoting.

Since it won't run flash websites, you can't even get winflex online (I think).

Pretty much a no-go. So I sold it and bought a 12 inch thinkpad. Does everthing I need.

Rick

I sold my ipad because you cannot run quotes written for PC's. So you can't do much with LTC quoting.

Since it won't run flash websites, you can't even get winflex online (I think).

Pretty much a no-go. So I sold it and bought a 12 inch thinkpad. Does everthing I need.

Rick

In my opinion you screwed up.

It runs flash and all the quotes on your desktop through gotomyPC AND is much more portable and boots up instantly.

You have to have a signature pad on your laptop to do paperless apps AND software programs cost $99 not $4 like Apple apps.

Tablets are the future of field sales. I guarantee it. The PC is great for the office.

Back