Are We Letting Our Politics Cloud Our Judgement?

Some of it has worked already (like children insured to age 26),

Most of the claims for these adult children are maternity or A/D rehab.

Loss ratio's on these "children" are impacting group plans in particular.

oesn't address the root issues of the cost of care and the ineffectiveness of our healthcare delivery model.

Utilization and insuring things that don't need to be insured (like doctor visits) drive the cost as much as anything.

We also are a nation of drug addicts. More anti-depressants per capita than any other nation.

Those who want to move away from paying for services rendered to only paying for results will eventually figure out that will severely ration health care accessibility.

if we incur an expensive condition, we will be able to jump into the health care market without being excluded for a pre-existing condition. So we'll most likely wait for health coverage until then.

I trust you explained how this won't work.

Obamacare will again hit us in 2014 since we are both healthy and have been fine without any health care for a couple of decades, we will then be forced to pay a penalty to continue to not buy a product we feel we probably don't
need.

On the positive side, if we incur an expensive condition, we will be able to jump into the health care market without being excluded for a pre-existing condition. So we'll most likely wait for health coverage until then.[/I]

There is a major benefits brokerage in town that is putting themselves in front of executive groups and business leaders actually predicting that there will be kiosks in hospitals and clinics that people can sign up for insurance at before checking in at the front desk.

This brokerage sells mostly large group coverage, so I don't know what their motivation is.

Tim, maybe that large brokerage group is like Pelosi and company, except they still haven't read the law to know what is in it.

Yes, I explained this won't work. He's from Canada, and believes in universal care. We'll be there soon.

I started in Med Supps, I am ready to offer them to everyone! Got to be fluid in this business....especially over the next 3-5 years....anything is possible!

Everyone??????? or the folks 65+, just wondering...
When Obamacare bombs, one avenue that we could be sent down is single payer. If this is a result, there will be huge gaps similar to what we see in Medicare. There will still be a market for a supplemental plan similar to Med Supps. Another avenue or a way they may do this would be to make Medicare for all. So yes, everyone!!!!

No one knows how this thing will all turn out. I do not expect the result to be good.

When Obamacare bombs, one avenue that we could be sent down is single payer. If this is a result, there will be huge gaps similar to what we see in Medicare. There will still be a market for a supplemental plan similar to Med Supps. Another avenue or a way they may do this would be to make Medicare for all. So yes, everyone!!!!

And you know this because????????

Rick

And you know this because????????

Rick

What are you referring to? That I know it will bomb? I guess I didn't say that it was absolutely certain. If you have another take, why not share? Do you think it's going to be a success? Do you think it will survive after the 2016 election?

Back