Attention New Agents: Write a Business Plan

As a newbie to commercial insurance with only 1 year of experience and knowledge under my belt, I KNEW there was more to this business than throwing crap against the wall and seeing what stuck. I had a hunch others were in fact assembling business and marketing plans and that was something I needed to do rather than just taking the leads given to me at work and "cold calling" them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

If anyone has a plan they've done for themselves, as an individual producer, that they wouldn't mind sharing with me I would GREATLY appreciate it!

----------

As a newbie to commercial insurance with 1 year of experience and knowledge under my belt, I KNEW there was more to this business than throwing crap against the wall and seeing what stuck. I had a hunch others were in fact assembling business and marketing plans and that was something I needed to do rather than just taking the leads given to me at work and "cold calling" them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

If anyone has a plan they've done for themselves, as an individual producer, that they wouldn't mind sharing with me I would GREATLY appreciate it!

I am one of those who jumped into this business knowing nothing about insurance and with totally no kind of plan except to do what was necessary to make it happen. I blindly bought into the “we will train you and provide you with leads”. What more could I ask for?

My training consisted of being handed a Medicare Guide Book and my leads were a voter registration list for the county. It had dates of birth on it. I spent one day riding with an “experienced agent”. I saw him make two sales using what I felt were less than ethical techniques. That was enough of riding with him.

this is spot on, now I'm stressing out because i left my job and don't know if this is going to work out. I'm glad i found this forum. hopefully i can get the advice i need to make it work, as i have No other options.

Back