B2B Marketing: Share your idea for various industries

NHB, Have you tried a mass mailing with NYL?

I interviewed with them bout 2 yrs ago and that was the Managers main marketing technique. That and seminars.

I only went to 2 interviews as found this particular managers math "fuzzy" to say the least.
His take - we loan you x amount to send out mass mailer. You double your investment then reinvest, wash and repeat. Sounds good but his detailed explanation was filled with holes and never went back.

Re: B 2 B Resources

natem2112 said:
I posted this in the health side, but thought that I'd repost it for some of you younger.....(in health insurance years) guys.

Find a Combined insurance rep...or district manager.

Trade refferrals with this guy....these guys are out there every day meeting with people and businesses...they almost always have someone ask them if the offer health insurance...which they don't.

They can then simply say that they work with an independant agent who specilizes in that and give your card to them.

I've started a realationship like that about a year or so ago, well this Combined guy is now the Sales Director for the region....yesterday I got 5 calls from people out of the blue from him and his agents spreading my name.....

He is expanding to MN, so now I'm looking to get an out of state license so I can continue to utilize this realationship.

Make sure that you team up with someone you can trust.

Nate, that sounds like an awesome idea. How should I go about finding one of these Combined reps?

MIBizInsurance said:
NHB, Have you tried a mass mailing with NYL?

I interviewed with them bout 2 yrs ago and that was the Managers main marketing technique. That and seminars.

I only went to 2 interviews as found this particular managers math "fuzzy" to say the least.
His take - we loan you x amount to send out mass mailer. You double your investment then reinvest, wash and repeat. Sounds good but his detailed explanation was filled with holes and never went back.

I haven't tried the mass mailing idea. To me, it has to be a low return on investment, I would think.

All the math I have been given seems "fuzzy". I'm not sure what my chances of survival will be when I flip to this full-time, but if I had just gone indy for the beginning I'd put them at 1%.

The seminar thing intrigues me and I might try to do some work with that route.

if I service lets say small businesses that have been in business for over two years with good credit. Does your scenario still stay the same? Will only 3 out of 10 have life insurance? Will only 1.5 out of 10 be worth less the 50 grand total outside of home?

Probably.

The turning point on new businesses is around 3 years. Make it that long and you will probably be around a while. Until then, and there are exceptions, it is week to week.

Re: B 2 B Resources

NHB_MMA said:
natem2112 said:
I posted this in the health side, but thought that I'd repost it for some of you younger.....(in health insurance years) guys.

Find a Combined insurance rep...or district manager.

Trade refferrals with this guy....these guys are out there every day meeting with people and businesses...they almost always have someone ask them if the offer health insurance...which they don't.

They can then simply say that they work with an independant agent who specilizes in that and give your card to them.

I've started a realationship like that about a year or so ago, well this Combined guy is now the Sales Director for the region....yesterday I got 5 calls from people out of the blue from him and his agents spreading my name.....

He is expanding to MN, so now I'm looking to get an out of state license so I can continue to utilize this realationship.

Make sure that you team up with someone you can trust.

Nate, that sounds like an awesome idea. How should I go about finding one of these Combined reps?

You should be able to pick up a good rep just by going to their playground, farmers, small businesses and such.

Ask them if they have ever heard of Combined Insurance?

In my area, 9 out of 10 times they have.

Ask if they have a policy with them and what they think of the agent.

Listen, they'll tell you what you want to hear.

( Make sure you don't waste time with a agent that's new and going to quit in a month or so, they have a high turnover rate because of their prospecting methods, although we could all learn something from a rep from Combined)

I would try to get ahold of a manager with the the organazation.

Good luck!

I have been with NYL for over a year now and have learned what parts of the math are real and what are not. If you have any questions send me a PM and I can tell you what works in our area for b2b and other prospecting. So far on this forum I think the free living wills and the 5 step process stated in this forum are the best I have seen. I am doubting the living wills will be allowed by SMRU however, I am going to talk to my Managing Partner on Friday and find out though.

Back