• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

BACON IS FOR CLOSERS...

After I ate last night I gained a 1/2 a lb. I still lost 3 lbs. yesterday so I'm down 18 1/2 lbs. in 35 days.and have 4.8 lbs to go to hit my target weight since I started my new lifestyle.

I had already lost about 30 lbs. before my change in lifestyle change, but I had plateaued.

I agree with you Bob, about it being a lifestyle and not a diet. That was hard going to Culver's and having to eat that double butterburger with cheese with a fork while staring at the bun and eating cole slaw instead of fries and watching my son drink a milkshake while I drank water.....but I did it.

Last edited:
After I ate last night I gained a 1/2 a lb. I still lost 3 lbs. yesterday so I'm down 18 1/2 lbs. in 35 days.and have 4.8 lbs to go to hit my target weight since I started my new lifestyle.

I had already lost about 30 lbs. before my change in lifestyle change, but I had plateaued.

I agree with you Bob, about it being a lifestyle and not a diet. That was hard going to Culvers and having to eat that cheeseburger with a fork while staring at the bun and eating cole slaw instead of fries and watching my son drink a milkshake while I drank water.....but I did it.

Next think you Bacon Closers are going to try to tell us is that you weigh your turds too.:skeptical:

Next think you Bacon Closers are going to try to tell us is that you weigh your turds too.:skeptical:
I weigh myself before and after taking a crap Jimmy. I want to know how full of crap I am. :laugh:

You should try it so you can see how full of crapped corn you really are. I'm guessing it's a LOT!!! :yes:

I agree with you Bob, about it being a lifestyle and not a diet. That was hard going to Culver's and having to eat that double butterburger with cheese with a fork while staring at the bun and eating cole slaw instead of fries and watching my son drink a milkshake while I drank water.....but I did it.

Nice there's Culver's down there. Boy are they expanding.
I don't get many cravings, but one day it was brutal. Next day back to normal.

Measurements are more reliable, rook.

I weigh myself before and after taking a crap Jimmy. I want to know how full of crap I am. :laugh: :yes:

What about crappin in a box you done that and mailed it off yet:D Might be a good idea if you haven't. That bacon you been woofing down is known to have a lot of nitrates in it which have been linked to the ass cancer.:shocked:

What about crappin in a box you done that and mailed it off yet:D Might be a good idea if you haven't. That bacon you been woofing down is known to have a lot of nitrates in it which have been linked to the ass cancer.:shocked:
I always threatened to crap in a box and mail it to my ex mother in law, but never got around to it. Hmmmm, she's still alive. Better late than never. :twitchy:

Tom, once you reach your goal you may want to go off the reservation once in a while . . . or not.

Some people can do that for one meal, or one day, without going all in and completely undoing all the good. Others are like alcoholics where one drink, or one Big Mac meal sends them over the edge and they go back to the old ways.

I walked the straight and narrow for about 4 months before taking a break. The only thing that just about killed me was a meat lovers pizza. I was sick for a day+. Haven't had pizza since and that was last September.

I do have pasta once a month or so. Had some tonight with olive oil, butter, lemon, herbs and cod. Very tasty. Not too heavy. I won't revisit that for another 3 - 4 weeks. Might gain a pound or so but easy to take off again.

Had ice cream with chocolate sauce and nuts a few weeks ago. Had it 2 nights in a row. That plus a few glasses of wine, some bread with the meal, etc put me up 2+ pounds so I had to go to fasting to knock it back down.

If I don't weigh every day, first thing in the AM, it will run away with me.

We had family visiting a few weeks ago. Put on 4 pounds in no time. Easier to put it on than take it off. Took 4 days to put it on, 2 weeks to take it off.

Bread, pasta and potatoes are my Achilles heel. Throw in a chocolate sweet tooth and I am a disaster waiting to happen.

Took me 20 yrs of trying different things before finding something that worked. I am not going back.

Tom, once you reach your goal you may want to go off the reservation once in a while . . . or not.

Some people can do that for one meal, or one day, without going all in and completely undoing all the good. Others are like alcoholics where one drink, or one Big Mac meal sends them over the edge and they go back to the old ways.

I walked the straight and narrow for about 4 months before taking a break. The only thing that just about killed me was a meat lovers pizza. I was sick for a day+. Haven't had pizza since and that was last September.

I do have pasta once a month or so. Had some tonight with olive oil, butter, lemon, herbs and cod. Very tasty. Not too heavy. I won't revisit that for another 3 - 4 weeks. Might gain a pound or so but easy to take off again.

Had ice cream with chocolate sauce and nuts a few weeks ago. Had it 2 nights in a row. That plus a few glasses of wine, some bread with the meal, etc put me up 2+ pounds so I had to go to fasting to knock it back down.

If I don't weigh every day, first thing in the AM, it will run away with me.

We had family visiting a few weeks ago. Put on 4 pounds in no time. Easier to put it on than take it off. Took 4 days to put it on, 2 weeks to take it off.

Bread, pasta and potatoes are my Achilles heel. Throw in a chocolate sweet tooth and I am a disaster waiting to happen.

Took me 20 yrs of trying different things before finding something that worked. I am not going back.
I might "go off the reservation" now and then Bob. Why'd you have to mention Meat Lover's Pizza? That's my favorite. I miss all the things you mention. :yes:

Because meat lovers pizza made a memorable impression on me, and not in a good way. Just nature's way of telling me not to go back there.

I have tried a few cauliflower crust pizza's. Most weren't worth having. But we did get one (frozen) from Costco a few weeks ago. Don't recall the brand but it was very similar to thin crust pizza from a restaurant.

It will be repeated when I crave pizza. That one was a veggie pizza but I had some chicken and extra cheese to add and make it less of a girly man food.

Back