Banker's Agent and Silver Script Referral Program

Scummy.

You can submit an app directly electronically, then you are supposed to print it and fax or email a wet signature to silverscripts for compliance. I don't know how long they wait for the wet signature, it is possible due to the late submission that they just put it through without having a wet signature in hand yet.

Maybe he forged the signature page, or created an email for this client and completed the app through the eapp link. Are you sure he got credit for it?

Also could have slipped in a paper silverscripts signature page into the UHC application, wouldn't be hard to do, their signature page doesn't say silverscripts except for a small "mail to" on the bottom of the page.

If someone wants to be shady, they can figure out a way.

The agent called client on 4/28/16 to give her a verification number and instructed her to look for link that was emailed to her.from what I have learned recently about the referral program this is a verification number referral agents must generate first if they are to get credit for enrollment.Client acknowledges receiving email link but she never followed up on it.BL agents have no credibility in my book so I will believe my client on this one.

ah, ok, didn't realized he wasn't an agent with silverscripts. thought he was just trying to confuse her by saying she needed a verification number, and to click on this link, etc.

Can silverscripts verify the email address used on the application? is it possible he used a bogus email and esigned it on her behalf? I doubt they would let it go through without requiring a signature of some kind, they got into trouble not too long ago with enrollment compliance.

It is weird that he would go to all this trouble for $25 dollars or whatever the referral is.

I used to see a lot of shady stuff with Pioneer. I it's being done by the agent selling it, but Bankers seems to train their agents to lie...and Conseco lets it continue. Why do you suppose Conseco changed their name to Washington National?

I was half joking about Paul Harvey...and now the rest of the story.....

Might have to reconsider after seeing these Google Reviews. I realize that normally people that are happy don't take time to post reviews but everyone of these tells the same story.

https://www.google.com/search?q=was...oe=utf-8#q=washington+national+life+insurance

My craziest Bankers "run in" was them telling a couple that I was following a lead card on that "all they needed was 2 voided checks and they would be back in 2 weeks with the quotes".

They brought me the quotes that were dropped off by bankers agents and they had their insurance cards in the back. Unbelievable.

How is this company still in business???

ah, ok, didn't realized he wasn't an agent with silverscripts. thought he was just trying to confuse her by saying she needed a verification number, and to click on this link, etc.

Can silverscripts verify the email address used on the application? is it possible he used a bogus email and esigned it on her behalf? I doubt they would let it go through without requiring a signature of some kind, they got into trouble not too long ago with enrollment compliance.

It is weird that he would go to all this trouble for $25 dollars or whatever the referral is.

I was on the phone with client to Silverscripts and they would not confirm how application was submitted even after it was escalated.They only offered to mail a form to cancel enrollment.i believe she is going to have to file a complaint to resolve this.

I was on the phone with client to Silverscripts and they would not confirm how application was submitted even after it was escalated.They only offered to mail a form to cancel enrollment.i believe she is going to have to file a complaint to resolve this.

I still find it hard to believe even for a bankers agent that they would submit PDP app without her knowledge and consent fraud just for referral fee.

Remember sometimes many times the buyer can be the liar. Maybe she was lied to and regrets getting the plan, But I am willing to bet at some point she decided she wanted the plan and now she changed her mind

I wouldn't get too crazy about filing a complaint, If she wants to cancel then help her cancell get what you need to get done and move on.

I still find it hard to believe even for a bankers agent that they would submit PDP app without her knowledge and consent fraud just for referral fee.

Remember sometimes many times the buyer can be the liar. Maybe she was lied to and regrets getting the plan, But I am willing to bet at some point she decided she wanted the plan and now she changed her mind

I wouldn't get too crazy about filing a complaint, If she wants to cancel then help her cancell get what you need to get done and move on.

thing is she decided she wanted MA instead of med supp/pdp for 6/1/16 effective.She aged in 5/1/16 so this PDP enrollment for 5/1/16 has used up her IEP.i believe she will get this PDP enrollment reversed but i don't think I can submit an MA application for 6/1/16 until this is cleared up.

i hear ya about buyers being liers but there is circumstances in this case that makes it highly unlikely -not the least of it being a BL agent involved.As to why an agent would do it for 60.00 maybe because they really need the money or they figured if they zip up the case by taking care of the part D it would prevent client from needing to talk to other agents.

Last edited:
thing is she decided she wanted MA instead of med supp/pdp for 6/1/16 effective.She aged in 5/1/16 so this PDP enrollment for 5/1/16 has used up her IEP.i believe she will get this PDP enrollment reversed but i don't think I can submit an MA application for 6/1/16 until this is cleared up.

i hear ya about buyers being liers but there is circumstances in this case that makes it highly unlikely -not the least of it being a BL agent involved.As to why an agent would do it for 60.00 maybe because they really need the money or they figured if they zip up the case by taking care of the part D it would prevent client from needing to talk to other agents.

I hear hear ya sometimes these type are not worth getting too tangled in the drama, Sounds like she has buyer's remorse and there is more to her story, And believe me I know the BL horror stories but I also know about about getting tangled in buyers remorse drama too.From both ends of it.It can be a time drain only to find in the end she wasnt 100% honest,You do what you can and next,

The good news is she may be a good deal in the bag for Oct

Conseco changed their name to CNO Financial, not Washington National. WN has been around since 1911..

Let me rephrase that...stopped marketing under the Conseco name and rebranded under the Washington National name. I think they're offering all the same products but the Med Supp(and Annuities...not sure about FU life products).:)

Latest posts

Back