Battle System Review/Insight

I bought in to check it out, its not trash, but it did have some drawbacks. And just to back up the previous posts, you really don't need to worry much about CRM until you have clients- your dollars are probably better spent marketing than investing in CRM with nothing to put in there.

I didn't do much with it and cancelled in a month or so. Its not a bad system and the training helped get me acquainted with everything. The mailers they use arent what I would have sent- "Message: 2011 Medicare Health Plan Update" headline. Designed to increase response by being slightly misleading, which isn't the way I wanted to start the relationship with my clients. You might as well cold call than call those things IMHO, but you do reach the people on the DNC list.

The people were good enough to work with and the canned stuff you get (website content) isnt bad. I personally pissed away some money with it, but I seem to be doing that a lot learning this biz indy from the start and wont put that on them. I don't knock the system completely, but it isn't the rainbow with a pot of gold at the end they make it out to be either.

My biggest problem with them was I didn't own my domain and was going to be tied into $100/mo (and them) forever if I built up the business around that site. They encourage you to promote your website all over, but if you leave they keep the traffic. I'm still a little miffed I dont have the domain name I came up with, it was better than the one I'm about to use on my costom built site.

If you are starting out and have the cash, it'll give you structure and some activity. As I learn more about things about SEO and the medicare biz, I realized I wouldn't have been happy with it long term.

As fare as buying it strictly for the CRM, there are better ways to do that. The biggest advantage I saw to their CRM was someone else putting in the data on the mailers. Other than that, there isn't anything on their CRM that was a standout, not that I used it much.

IMO, the advantage of the system is that it's structured enough for a newby to get in motion. If you've been doing this a while (I havent), I dont see that there is much advantage to going that route. The cost of the site/CRM wasn't where I pissed away money, though, it was the mailers. I had a very low response rate and gave it 8 weeks or so on a test. That will be area specific, I'm sure.

I bought in to check it out, its not trash, but it did have some drawbacks. And just to back up the previous posts, you really don't need to worry much about CRM until you have clients- your dollars are probably better spent marketing than investing in CRM with nothing to put in there.

I didn't do much with it and cancelled in a month or so. Its not a bad system and the training helped get me acquainted with everything. The mailers they use arent what I would have sent- "Message: 2011 Medicare Health Plan Update" headline. Designed to increase response by being slightly misleading, which isn't the way I wanted to start the relationship with my clients. You might as well cold call than call those things IMHO, but you do reach the people on the DNC list.

The people were good enough to work with and the canned stuff you get (website content) isnt bad. I personally pissed away some money with it, but I seem to be doing that a lot learning this biz indy from the start and wont put that on them. I don't knock the system completely, but it isn't the rainbow with a pot of gold at the end they make it out to be either.

My biggest problem with them was I didn't own my domain and was going to be tied into $100/mo (and them) forever if I built up the business around that site. They encourage you to promote your website all over, but if you leave they keep the traffic. I'm still a little miffed I dont have the domain name I came up with, it was better than the one I'm about to use on my costom built site.

If you are starting out and have the cash, it'll give you structure and some activity. As I learn more about things about SEO and the medicare biz, I realized I wouldn't have been happy with it long term.

As fare as buying it strictly for the CRM, there are better ways to do that. The biggest advantage I saw to their CRM was someone else putting in the data on the mailers. Other than that, there isn't anything on their CRM that was a standout, not that I used it much.

IMO, the advantage of the system is that it's structured enough for a newby to get in motion. If you've been doing this a while (I havent), I dont see that there is much advantage to going that route. The cost of the site/CRM wasn't where I pissed away money, though, it was the mailers. I had a very low response rate and gave it 8 weeks or so on a test. That will be area specific, I'm sure.

-This is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to post! it's much appreciated.

Yeah i have no former experience when it comes to being independent. 6 mths captive. (roughly 7k starting capital)
Ok so it looks like what I am taking out of this is that their leads they 'provide' are not good enough to sacrfice as using them as a CRM. My main concern is i want everything to be virtual no pen and pad. So i guess i need to look into the best CRM avail. and im sure there is tons of data on that.

Another thing that peaked my interest is that they give you a website.
With all of the things i have to handle, i dont think i can take on building my own site.
How are you going about building a website?

I wouldn't go a day without a CRM. ACT or YIO are both inexpensive and work well. No reason not to have one.

If you buy your domain through Yahoo or Go Daddy you can use their free site builder tools to make a basic website. Although a website isn't that important for starting out in my opinion.

I wouldn't go a day without a CRM. ACT or YIO are both inexpensive and work well. No reason not to have one.

If you buy your domain through Yahoo or Go Daddy you can use their free site builder tools to make a basic website. Although a website isn't that important for starting out in my opinion.

I was wondering where all the CRM backers were lol. I was starting to think i was crazy for downplaying the notebook management system lol.
Yeah i was thinking about taking Frank up on his offer to use his YIO. Any recommendations on which CRM is the best without cost being an issue?
As far as websites go, I feel it is worth the 3 or 4 hundred dollar investment. Adds some credibility to my business as well as give me one more thing to talk about when it comes to interacting with my clients

Last edited:
I've done several websites so far. Did several myself on godaddy, changing/improving them as I figured out my market. I tried agent methods, Quotit, and the one BATTLE did. It depends on what you want to use it for. I still work for one of the largest health brokers in the country keeping the bills paid while I get my she-at off the ground and am spoiled by their technology, so found that I am going to have to build one to have it do what I want it to.

The BATTLE site is actually pretty good for pay and use stuff, the only content you have to write is your bio. Again, though, you dont own your domain. That's a big deal down the road.

Agent methods one of the best group of people I've EVER dealt with from a customer service point of view. They really care and their site platform is probably good for 90% of the agents out there. They've got great training vids on understanding the web stuff, too.

Quotit was worthless. They delivered the site on a domain I didnt own, which was admittedly my fault, but then wouldn't return my calls/emails to get it fixed, but were glad to call me when I cancelled and (again) not listen to my reason for not staying. AND they charged me a month after the cancel, but still wouldn't address my problem. My sales guy was great, but the rest of my experience with them was horrible.

Godaddy is fine for something for someone to go to see if you are legit and its cheap.

Eventually if you want to use the website to drive traffic and sell online you'll probably go to having a custom site built, which is where I'm at, but if you want my advice, get something up fast, GO SELL SOMETHING, then improve it.

If you dont want to start without a CRM, just go with YIO on the free trial until you get 10 clients, then you'll have a much better idea of what you want. Until you have 10 clients, spending the time and money trying to pick the perfect CRM and best website this early is pretty much avoidance behavior.

Not trying to be mean there, but "Ready, Fire, Aim" tends to work better than analysis paralysis. I'm not knocking doing your homework, but in my opinion, get something cheap that you aren't locked into, get your hands dirty, then you'll understand what you need a lot better.

Just a question for the people on this thread- is anyone still using the CRM or website they STARTED with?

I've done several websites so far. Did several myself on godaddy, changing/improving them as I figured out my market. I tried agent methods, Quotit, and the one BATTLE did. It depends on what you want to use it for. I still work for one of the largest health brokers in the country keeping the bills paid while I get my she-at off the ground and am spoiled by their technology, so found that I am going to have to build one to have it do what I want it to.

The BATTLE site is actually pretty good for pay and use stuff, the only content you have to write is your bio. Again, though, you dont own your domain. That's a big deal down the road.

Agent methods one of the best group of people I've EVER dealt with from a customer service point of view. They really care and their site platform is probably good for 90% of the agents out there. They've got great training vids on understanding the web stuff, too.

Quotit was worthless. They delivered the site on a domain I didnt own, which was admittedly my fault, but then wouldn't return my calls/emails to get it fixed, but were glad to call me when I cancelled and (again) not listen to my reason for not staying. AND they charged me a month after the cancel, but still wouldn't address my problem. My sales guy was great, but the rest of my experience with them was horrible.

Godaddy is fine for something for someone to go to see if you are legit and its cheap.

Eventually if you want to use the website to drive traffic and sell online you'll probably go to having a custom site built, which is where I'm at, but if you want my advice, get something up fast, GO SELL SOMETHING, then improve it.

If you dont want to start without a CRM, just go with YIO on the free trial until you get 10 clients, then you'll have a much better idea of what you want. Until you have 10 clients, spending the time and money trying to pick the perfect CRM and best website this early is pretty much avoidance behavior.

Not trying to be mean there, but "Ready, Fire, Aim" tends to work better than analysis paralysis. I'm not knocking doing your homework, but in my opinion, get something cheap that you aren't locked into, get your hands dirty, then you'll understand what you need a lot better.

Just a question for the people on this thread- is anyone still using the CRM or website they STARTED with?

This is great info man! thanks AGAIN for taking the time to post!

I agree with what you are saying, just go out and SELL.
I am just so analytical making me want to have everything i should 'need' in place.
Yeah not owning your own domain really turns me off when it comes to the BATTLE system.
Like i said, i would do the godaddy route but i dont want to take time away from my already busy schedule.
Sounds like to me that you are suggesting Agent Systems as a site builder. I will def give them a ring a see what their all about.

From what i understand, you are still captive and becoming an IA?
What IMO do you plan to contract with?
I'm almost ready to go forward with Health Choice One, but still doing some last second DD..
Thanks, Eric

Kinda, I'm working as a W2 employee full time selling health on the phone. Its not what I got in the business to do, but I lost more than most will ever see when the real estate market tanked and am starting over from $0 and the steady paychecks are nice while I figure everything else out. This is not a good business to start with no money and no other income.

I'm not captive. My health appointments are through the agency I work for, but I sell all the big carriers in 42 states on the health stuff, I just assign commissions and trade full commission for lots and lots of leads. We do 1500+ policies a week here.

My medicare appointments are separate and through different organizations. I'm still figuring this stuff out myself and learning as I go. In hindsight I should have gone captive for better training, starting off indy makes for a long learning curve, especially doing this and working full time (and still getting in my play time). I'm finally getting there, though. I'm using Senior Market Sales for most of medicare stuff, they are big and are good to work with. I've got a contract or two with Frank from here on the medsups and he's more than helpful and knows his stuff, I just think I can help people better having all the arrows in the quiver so went another route to get the MA plans.

My life and annuity contracts are with other FMO's, I started in FE, but didn't care for it much, still have the contracts there, though, plus term stuff through someone else and have a buddy that kills it as an annuity FMO (what I THOUGHT I wanted to do when I got in the biz). Lots to this stuff, but I'm settling into working the senior market leading with Medicare and positioning for possible life and annuity business from there. I like the clientele way better than most of what I've done. Its all a work in progress, though.

I'm not deep enough in to give you good advice on who's who in the contracting department, anyway, just thought I'd ring in on my experience with what I have done on BATTLE and the websites, since I've tried plenty of whats out there.

Back