BCBSTX Med Supp Rates

kgmom219

What's Next?
5000 Post Club
Texas
The increase letters are out and its UGLY. (Plus the letters don't include applicable discounts)

Looking for leads? Find someone (besides my clients) that have a BCBSTX Med Supp, because I promise you, they are shopping.

Not sure if this BS is all the HCSC states or just TX.

The increase letters are out and its UGLY. (Plus the letters don't include applicable discounts)

Looking for leads? Find someone (besides my clients) that have a BCBSTX Med Supp, because I promise you, they are shopping.

Not sure if this BS is all the HCSC states or just TX.

can you rhyme a word that rhymes with the percentage point that they are increasing?

can you rhyme a word that rhymes with the percentage point that they are increasing?

Average is 7%

But that's not really the problem. Its that the letters don't include the household or Stay Blue discounts. So it looks like the premium is going up for under 72's at $20/month but its really only $8 to $10

My over 72's...its time to move.

And my book proves the theory that money equals health.

More on this...

They have had a lot of rate methodology changes in the past few years. I've got people going from $192 to $242 and $226 to $272. Its out of control nutsy.

More on this...

They have had a lot of rate methodology changes in the past few years. I've got people going from $192 to $242 and $226 to $272. Its out of control nutsy.

That’s the nice thing about mapd no rate increases . So I guess your calls about rate increases equals is like calls mapd agents get about copays and deductibles . I’m willing to bet you call centers smell opportunity and no compliance. They’ll start pounding higher middle income people that have sticker shock enticing them with lower premium . Inflation is hitting healthcare hard . The next few yrs will be interesting for all of healthcare . There’s pressure to lower the debt and reduce all funding . The biggest expenditure is healthcare with Medicare and aca .Aca has become an entitlement .

I’m running into tons of unemployed people who were signed up by phone agents to make up income to get . My friend just married a Philipino over in the Philippines . Brought her over and within 2 weeks has her on free aca . Mr Biden has turned the country into a welfare state . The coming yrs will be very painful as much is unwound .

Last edited:
More on this...

We had something similar here when they changed from unisex to M/F rates. No word on whether or not a "woke" rate adjustment is coming where the insured is allowed to pick their preferred pronoun.

The new M/F rates went into effect for existing policyholders at the next renewal. Males paid more, females paid less.

Also, until a few years ago there were no loads for tobacco use . . . then that changed. I believe that only impacted new applicants, not existing policyholders.

We had something similar here when they changed from unisex to M/F rates. No word on whether or not a "woke" rate adjustment is coming where the insured is allowed to pick their preferred pronoun.

The new M/F rates went into effect for existing policyholders at the next renewal. Males paid more, females paid less.

Also, until a few years ago there were no loads for tobacco use . . . then that changed. I believe that only impacted new applicants, not existing policyholders.

All of that.
Hmm...maybe there IS something to the invaluable knowledge someone has when they have been around a while? Maybe. ;)

Its not woke. This was 4 or 5 years ago and the agents were the ones screaming for it. We would sit in those True Blue meetings and all the old men wanted the gender rates. Then there was me sitting there thinking "who cares?"

More to the story...they just got competitive on comp.

TX Med Sup Commisssion update June 2023.docx

That’s the nice thing about mapd no rate increases . So I guess your calls about rate increases equals is like calls mapd agents get about copays and deductibles . I’m willing to bet you call centers smell opportunity and no compliance. They’ll start pounding higher middle income people that have sticker shock enticing them with lower premium . Inflation is hitting healthcare hard . The next few yrs will be interesting for all of healthcare . There’s pressure to lower the debt and reduce all funding . The biggest expenditure is healthcare with Medicare and aca .Aca has become an entitlement .

I’m running into tons of unemployed people who were signed up by phone agents to make up income to get . My friend just married a Philipino over in the Philippines . Brought her over and within 2 weeks has her on free aca . Mr Biden has turned the country into a welfare state . The coming yrs will be very painful as much is unwound .

How did she get her free ACA with no green card in 2 weeks? This ACA girl wants to know. And how is it free? His income is so low that he can afford a flight to the Phillipines and get free ACA.

But if they are doing it by manipulating the system, I hope your friend understands the words "True and Up"

How did she get her free ACA with no green card in 2 weeks? This ACA girl wants to know. And how is it free? His income is so low that he can afford a flight to the Phillipines and get free ACA.

But if they are doing it by manipulating the system, I hope your friend understands the words "True and Up"

You don’t need a green card. Only a legitimate visa . I.ve signed up many Central Americans with that . He spent 6 months getting the visa t after they married to get her hair. He’s got millions of assets in corporations and runs all exp’s out of there so he shows little”taxable “ income. My brother,s got millions in 401k,s and takes little out to live on so he and wife get cheap aca. It’s a huge flaw in the system not looking at assets to qualify

Back