• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Best Agents To Give Advice

I know I am not supposed to vote for myself butt "you're not the boss of me" I nominate Wino on how to be no showed after driving 4.5 hours in LA traffic on a Saturday. After getting up a 5am! Oh for being so cocky to think he did not need a backup appointment. He is the best.

That's what you get for being a "REAL" insurance agent. There's no way a final expense agent would've driven 4 1/2 hours for one appointment.

Us BOTTOM FEEDER FE agents already know the possibility of getting no showed is too high to take on that kinda risk :)

----------

Great thread topic! I'll second JD Easy as a known FE producer and very helpful to agents with many great posts on here. Agent Guy is also a known FE producer with good posts. I think Spur City is too but I've never talked with him. Travis (Hoosier Daddy) Tubbs not as active on the forum but the best FE trainer and azz-kicker that I've ever experienced. Tahoe Ray is very helpful with annuities. J Root (Jeff Root) the king of term insurance and selling by phone. Chris Westfall the king of Med Sups and selling by phone. Rick (GreenSky) Med Sups and Med Advantage. Good info but only if you don't annoy him. And his boy-wonder Senior Advisor Indiana as back up. I've seen a lot of experts come and go through these doors over the years. But these guy's posts have a lot of credibility to me.

Thank you for the kind words. Feel free to call anytime.

Eventually we will run into eachother.

----------

WinoBlues Twilight Ben Boman Spur City AgentGuy5

The feeling is mutual. I think you have tremendous ideas and give back to the FE agents with detailed posts and expect NOTHING IN RETURN. Good on you! I missed meeting you at the Georgia blitz but I'm sure our paths are bound to cross soon enough.

That's what you get for being a "REAL" insurance agent. There's no way a final expense agent would've driven 4 1/2 hours for one appointment.

Us BOTTOM FEEDER FE agents already know the possibility of getting no showed is too high to take on that kinda risk :)

----------

Thank you for the kind words. Feel free to call anytime.

Eventually we will run into eachother.

Yup. As JD says if I ever evolve I will know better.
I have not been no showed in a long time. I also rarely blank an appointment since I presell on the phone. I have gotten cocky. Got my order taker ticket punched.

Oh, and I had to let Rick buy me lunch. At a Jewish deli. Yeah he paid. There is a stereo type blown here I am sure.

I said that 70% of the US is ignorant when it comes to financial matters. Which has been proven true by many different studies.

JG is the one who said most of the people he markets to are morons.

----------

I know. But the fact still remains that he thinks that most of his prospects are morons.

So what you are basically saying is that i drop mail in your area and you send cards in... Bravo!

----------

The tongue in cheek joke is that a lot of the people JG markets to are deadbeats and morons...that was all.

Any full time fe agent cant deny we market to the lower rungs of society. Scagent shows complete errors in judgement if he thinks any thing else, that is all lol. Im proud of the fact he takes time to respond to me, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

So what you are basically saying is that i drop mail in your area and you send cards in... Bravo!

Nope. Whenever you send your misleading mailers to my house I just report you to the regulators who are already investigating your method of marketing in 40% of the United States ;)

----------

Any full time fe agent cant deny we market to the lower rungs of society. Scagent shows complete errors in judgement if he thinks any thing else, that is all lol. Im proud of the fact he takes time to respond to me, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I never respond to you unless you respond to one of my posts first. So obviously that warm feeling inside means you have some kind of subliminal thing for me... unfortunately for you I dont swing that way :no:

Maybe some of the so called "deadbeats" and "morons" you market to and take advantage of can satisfy your needs. You could even send out a mailer pretending to be a doctor sent by the government and do free "physicals", since you claim to be an insurance agent sent by the government...

Last edited:
Here are my votes: Reardon Jdeasy Twilight Hoosiedaddy Travis Newby Chris westphall Spurcity Benboman Agent5guy doug massi Gooner These are in no particular order of preference.

Stop messing around on these boards and send me some more laughing material :)

You, JOHNNY "SHORT-FUSE" WICK are one of a kind!!! In a GOOD way of course ?

----------

I don't think anyone here would deny that you have a firm grasp on the subject matter of Life Insurance. Yes, you got attacked on that thread...purely because it was in the FE forum. Reardon hit the nail on the head earlier in this thread, by stating that the average FE salesman/woman has been taken by some 'marketer' spewing garbage about a certain way to do 'X'. There are a lot of people who post in that forum that couldn't sell their way out of a paper bag, but still proffer "helpful" advice. I've spoken to MANY, MANY FE agents that took that advice and were thousands in the hole thanks to it. So JD and others do take exception, in the confines of that sub-forum, about advice that does not work OR DOES not have the success to show for it. You have stated on more than 1 occasion that your production is not where you want it to be...this is probably another reason JD had such a visceral reaction. We, being FE producers(JD, myself, Spur, Agent5 etc...), respect production...specifically in our field. When the average insurance agent makes 40-50k/year...and we are making more than that in the first quarter...well...we feel obligated to shine a light on what 'Really' works AND what is hypothesized. That's really all it boils down to. Again, I think you really know your stuff...as does Tyler. FTR, the bloodsucker comment was a snarky comment at myself as well, I think that all of you guys add a lot of value to the forum and I really do enjoy most of your post. Sure, we'll probably disagree more in the future, but hey, that's what goofy internet forums are for...right?:idea:

I concur. Know your role and stay in your lane.

Back