Best Car for FE

I used to drive a GMC Sonoma but it killed my back, and the Norco's required to ride in it all day long were getting too pricey. I now drive a Lexus LS430, black with chrome wheels. I do get some comments both good and bad.

Wife has an SC430.. Won't let me drive it in the field.. :no:

I go back and forth between foreign and domestic. Camrys and Accords are excellent but so were my Caprice and Taurus. We have an old Qx4 now but will be getting a Suburban soon (always loved those). Not for selling, obviously. That would be a killer on gas. It'll be the family truckster.
Seems to me the jap cars (am I allowed to say that?) are not as nice while the domestics have gotten better. Not much of a difference these days, imho. German cars? What are you nuts? There is a reason you can can get used beemers on the cheap. Can you say money pit?:yes:

I drive a 12' Eco-boost. That's just the picture that my whiskey pulled up. I'm not responsible for it.

I was wondering. That would have been a crap load of miles in 1 year. I bought the 2.7 ecoboost. It's fast and gets right at 20 miles per gallon. It has an annoying tick in the engine already though. Few people have said it's normal. I'm taking it in to get looked at though....

This is what I drive:

best-car-final-expense-200x133.jpg

Currently, I am at a little over 214,000 miles.

I have had zero serious issues with the vehicle, with most of my car-related expenses spent on oil changes every 5,000 miles, and tire balancing and rotating.

Additionally, this particular engine model has a timing "chain," so it doesn't need the pricey replacement every 90,000 miles.

Either way, I am very happy with the vehicle, and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. Whenever that'll be.

PS: American-made sux.

I've never had an issue with a Honda that wasn't a result of road salt. I've had a `90 CRX over 220K before and a `95 Integra over 210K before the salt claimed them. Both ran perfect until the end but the repairs were too much.

For now I'm driving an `09 Versa. It does the job, but not my first choice with what I know now. I've had to replace the springs when one broke (good excuse to lower it!), the climate control needs work, and the exhaust needs to be replaced along with some cosmetic work (thanks ice). The worst part is the phantom oil loss but I can at least manage it.

I drove a 740IL for ten years. I found out the hard way what BMW stands for

Beer Money Wasted

Does anybody drive a Mercedes? Looked at a certified C Class. They can be had for less than you think and with an unlimited mile warranty they are hard to beat.

I drive a 2016 Lexus and I actually feel bad driving into some of these neighborhoods. My car is actually worth more than some of these homes I've been in. I just started selling FE last month and can't believe what I'm witnessing. I went to one address two weeks ago with a lead. It was about 10AM and there were drug dealers, prostitutes, and thugs out in full force. I'm from NY and have walked through BedStuy and South Bronx in the 90's so ugly neighborhoods don't bother me. One guy told me he would "watch" my car for $20. I thanked him and declined. So I walk through this blight to find a 60 year old man who must have some type of mental illness. He has no money and no checking account. I'm starting to think this type scenario is more the rule than the exception.

I drive a 2016 Lexus and I actually feel bad driving into some of these neighborhoods. My car is actually worth more than some of these homes I've been in. I just started selling FE last month and can't believe what I'm witnessing. I went to one address two weeks ago with a lead. It was about 10AM and there were drug dealers, prostitutes, and thugs out in full force. I'm from NY and have walked through BedStuy and South Bronx in the 90's so ugly neighborhoods don't bother me. One guy told me he would "watch" my car for $20. I thanked him and declined. So I walk through this blight to find a 60 year old man who must have some type of mental illness. He has no money and no checking account. I'm starting to think this type scenario is more the rule than the exception.

Welcome to d hood.

Back