Best Dental Plans Available Right Now?

Surprised, I have the exact opposite, I have an issue with 2 clients on CUL with vision claim but never with dental, Some don't like the dental deductible but do like the freedom, I don't send in claims for them and they don't seem to have issues except the 2 I mentioned

However, before I sold CUL I did sell spirit through Ameritas And what a PITA, I had more time on with customer service and only had a few clients they didn't want to pay for this they didn't want to pay for that, Dentist in the network was really not in-network and on and on

It's because of Spirit I swore off dental till I read about CUL a few years ago, Not that it is sooo great just better than the others and easy low customer service

I’m just swearing off Dental completely now. If someone asks about it, I’m telling them they are better off setting aside $30/month in a shoe box. You’ll come out ahead every time

I have a link up on my website to sign up with Delta dental. Two people signed up a few days ago, but I have no idea who it was. I went on Delta’s broker website and it’s a joke. No actual useful info on the site. So I called them. Customer service asked me for the 2 clients that signed up....Uh I don’t know, I was hoping you could tell me. She said she can’t look them up unless I know the name. Hahah
I said, oh well who cares. Can I change my email address with you guys? Oh you must email customer service.

I email them and the response was, “we need your online security question and answer”. Uh What? Aren’t you supposed to give me the question and I give you the answer?

That place is a joke....dental is a joke

I somehow still have this plan and I still get denials left and right. My UHC has yet to deny anything.
I haven't had any problems and none of my clients have had a problem. The only denials I've seen is when they don't wait 6 months between cleanings. And they pay quickly.

Last edited:
What's the price range for dental insurance nowadays?

That depends a great deal on factors such as how old you are (under 65 or 65 and over), what you want for coverage, and how you buy it (such as: employer plan, stand alone, added to ACA coverage at time of ACA purchase, or within an MAPD plan).

If you expect to buy dental insurance and receive back 100% of premium in claims payment, you most likely not find any policy that does that.

Here is a website that will give you some idea:
[EXTERNAL LINK] - DentalInsurance.com

(please note: The prices you see there will NOT all reflect precisely the same coverage of dental services.)

A different approach that would require more work on your part would be to look at:
UHC plans, Delta Dental and Blue Cross plans for your state, and the NCD plans advertised in the header for this sub forum.

Back