• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Best Things About Selling Insurance...

Besides the money, love the freedom of the biz and able to spend time with my own family at times of my choosing. Also enjoy not having to look over my should for that cranky old boss.

Pretty much what the others have said. It boils down to independence to me. Being an independent I work when I want, where I want, with who I want. No manager.

I agree completely. Flexibility is the greatest benefit of being self employed in the insurance business (to me). I get to spend alot of time with my kids and all the sports and activities they do. That time will be gone soon, and I'll be able to say I did it all with them - I wasn't stuck at work and missed everything.

I think some people are born to be in sales. There is a sense of accomplishment with prospecting, meeting, and closing a deal. I know that when i dug up my own leads I felt better than working referrals. But I also recognize that referrals are a bread and butter way to survive. My concern is the way business has evolved. Personal relationships -vs- e-commerce.

How to you maintain your relationships? Social networking is getting more and more attention but I find too much time spent on Facebook as a distraction. LinkedIn looks like it will soon be the dominant business to business network. Looking forward to following this site as well as this is only my first post.

Jason

Back