• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Breaking Into a New Area

I was recently talking with RGI and from the prices they were quoting me they haven't increased at all. Maybe it's just different for different IMOs. Who knows?

It is. There are several varibles that affect the lead cost. If an agent checks with 5-different agencies that mail through RGI he will see 5- different ways the program works and 5-different lead costs.

The more in this game the more i have respect for all the producers on this forum. Bojax you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Almost every imo on here will give you advice for free and most of them care. Doug is probably light years ahead of you, learn from him. Doug has answered emails and calls because I came with respect and humility. got a ride along with 2 different imos next week.

Good luck! Have fun out there!

I'm not a recruiter but how can an agent be "stolen"? Are they not free thinking human beings? If I was recruiting I wouldn't expect all others to stop recruiting an agent just because I "signed" him. This is some pansy a$$ BS. Grow a pair and compete. Don't get your panties in a wad just because YOU LOST an agent. There was obviously SOMETHING the agent liked about recruiter #2 better than you. Get over it and move on. I don't understand this need to be best buddies with your competitors, in this business you are AT BEST a cool guy to have a beer with. I've taken business from "friends" in this business and they've taken mine. I don't hate them now and I don't go running around calling them a "liar". It's being in the right place and the right time with the right "product" that seems to be a better deal for the right prospect.

Not directed at anyone in particular, just don't understand the premise for the whole disagreement that seems to be very common on this forum.

I'm not a recruiter but how can an agent be "stolen"? Are they not free thinking human beings? If I was recruiting I wouldn't expect all others to stop recruiting an agent just because I "signed" him. This is some pansy a$$ BS. Grow a pair and compete. Don't get your panties in a wad just because YOU LOST an agent. There was obviously SOMETHING the agent liked about recruiter #2 better than you. Get over it and move on. I don't understand this need to be best buddies with your competitors, in this business you are AT BEST a cool guy to have a beer with. I've taken business from "friends" in this business and they've taken mine. I don't hate them now and I don't go running around calling them a "liar". It's being in the right place and the right time with the right "product" that seems to be a better deal for the right prospect.

Not directed at anyone in particular, just don't understand the premise for the whole disagreement that seems to be very common on this forum.

Well said! :noteworthy::noteworthy:All the crying over "stolen" agents reminds me of agents that go around replacing everyone else's business but then get all bent out of shape when one of theirs gets replaced.

Rgi increased the lead costs for a lot of Imo's. I was talking to an Imo up North who had gotten 3 price increases and dropped the program. 360 went up $6 on the "affordable" piece as i guess a lot of agents were using it in low response areas.The "life insurance" lead only went up a $1. Efes is more of a "captive" company as they track every lead and your ppl. Even the appt setters have to log all of that. Nothing wrong with it if you like more micromanaging. As saturation digs in more and more all Dm program prices will rise over time. That means imo's have a decision to make in cost sharing. At $40-$50 a lead 98% of agents can't make money.So the imo who avg.'s 15-20% might have to take 10% or less.
I have been with EFES for almost 6 months now & have never had ANYONE bring up production with me. The leaderboard is a tool to track all your business so you can see your stats & make adjustments. If you were getting micromanaged it was either a manager issue or you wrote bad business. :)

I have been with EFES for almost 6 months now & have never had ANYONE bring up production with me. The leaderboard is a tool to track all your business so you can see your stats & make adjustments. If you were getting micromanaged it was either a manager issue or you wrote bad business. :)

To follow up with that, Efes used to use the PPL system to determine discounted lead costs. Now that we have a very competitive set priced lead program, PPL is just a useful tool for you and/or your manager to determine performance.

To follow up with that, Efes used to use the PPL system to determine discounted lead costs. Now that we have a very competitive set priced lead program, PPL is just a useful tool for you and/or your manager to determine performance.

So no matter what company you use you will never have any lead issues? Why push RNA and Americo then? Why not use FBL, SNL, or KSKJ as your go to

So no matter what company you use you will never have any lead issues? Why push RNA and Americo then? Why not use FBL, SNL, or KSKJ as your go to

My go to is trans. I hate telephone interviews though.

And many of Ben's guys still write a ton of FBL so that's not an issue. SNLs drafting has had problems as of late and we use Lifeshield as a pricebuster instead of KSKJ.

I don't push Americo at all haha. I offer it to all of my agents and encourage them to use Eagle as the UW is more understanable. A lot of them like the Eapp.

As for RNA, they are still great for new people and veterans alike. One of the easiest to UW products on the market, know before you go, memeber benefits and pays on issue.

Last edited:

All IMO's have their pros and cons. :yes:

What I find interesting is why anyone would make a big deal out of something silly like this, by presenting alternative facts.

To be on our lead program, all we ask is that you lead with the carriers we ask you to lead with. If you don't, then we can't get you leads, as this is not cost effective to us.

What is so wrong with a statement like this anyway?

It is what it is!:swoon:

Back