Buying Leads

I’ve got a good senior center program. Email me and I’ll shoot it over to you.

You can easily write $10,000 a month running 4-5 senior centers a month. But about half will be modified/GI and your persistency is horrible in those places.

So you might net $3000-$4000 a month. Still not bad all considering.

Also, it may be too late to even schedule for July, but you could try. The event coordinators, or whatever they go by, spend the whole month planning for the next month. So those schedule might be full.

By the way, at this stage of your career, any lack of discipline will eat you alive. You need to get out EARLY, stay out LATE, and don't ever rest between calls (except maybe for a quick lunch break to recharge). If you don't have enough leads, knock the neighbor's doors of the ones you do have. Stay busy.

Truer words have never been spoken :noteworthy:

You can’t control who buys and who doesn’t. You can’t control who answers their phones and who doesn’t. You can’t control who will hang up on you and who will give you the appointment. You can’t control who is home and who isn’t, or who will let you in and who won’t. The only thing you or I or any other salesperson can control is our own individual activity. There is a universal law that the more activity you do in terms of making bona fide attempts to get someone to sit for a sales presentation, the more sales you will make.

I have lazy days myself. But if I take it easy and come home without a sale (or I never leave home to begin with) I do know that it is me, and not the leads, or the number of leads, or the age of the leads that caused my lack of productivity. There are days, of course, where I hit the doors early and knock them late and still come home goose egg. In those case, I know it is goillini’s fault.

The easiest trap is “admin” work where you convince yourself that you are “working” but you are really just using paper shuffling tasks to avoid ... working.

For example, I might stay in today to evaluate various lead sources, conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the leads I am currently using, and watch some infomative YouTube videos reviewing various lead vendors. Or, I can grab a list of names or stack of leads of people who may have seen an agent, but they haven’t yet met this agent, and go knocking

Rob,
I have seen kuhn123 spoken well of in the forums over the months.
A lunch might encourage him to discuss leads, ride alongs and other fe activities relevant to your specific area.
You can see his organization in his signature.
LD

Truer words have never been spoken :noteworthy:

You can’t control who buys and who doesn’t. You can’t control who answers their phones and who doesn’t. You can’t control who will hang up on you and who will give you the appointment. You can’t control who is home and who isn’t, or who will let you in and who won’t. The only thing you or I or any other salesperson can control is our own individual activity. There is a universal law that the more activity you do in terms of making bona fide attempts to get someone to sit for a sales presentation, the more sales you will make.

I have lazy days myself. But if I take it easy and come home without a sale (or I never leave home to begin with) I do know that it is me, and not the leads, or the number of leads, or the age of the leads that caused my lack of productivity. There are days, of course, where I hit the doors early and knock them late and still come home goose egg. In those case, I know it is goillini’s fault.

The easiest trap is “admin” work where you convince yourself that you are “working” but you are really just using paper shuffling tasks to avoid ... working.

For example, I might stay in today to evaluate various lead sources, conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the leads I am currently using, and watch some infomative YouTube videos reviewing various lead vendors. Or, I can grab a list of names or stack of leads of people who may have seen an agent, but they haven’t yet met this agent, and go knocking
I have a day designated as admin day (Friday). I only deviate from that when my Friday fills up with activity. Then, anything that can't wait until the next Friday gets handled EARLY on another day, so I can still get in the field. Generally, I stick to a Mon - Thurs selling schedule pretty consistently.

Oh, and like you said, if I worked hard all day and came up short, it's obviously @goillini52 's fault! :twitchy:

I have a day designated as admin day (Friday). I only deviate from that when my Friday fills up with activity. Then, anything that can't wait until the next Friday gets handled EARLY on another day, so I can still get in the field. Generally, I stick to a Mon - Thurs selling schedule pretty consistently.

Oh, and like you said, if I worked hard all day and came up short, it's obviously @goillini52 's fault! :twitchy:
Yeah.. That guy is always monkeying around in everyone else's business... :)

$10 for a two year old lead?:D

If I were on a budget, what I would do is I’d buy a $50 list of 64 to 76 year olds, load them up in a good routing software, and go knocking. Doug Massi has a good video about this on YouTube where he suggests you print out a blank lead card and use that as part of your door pitch ... “Ms. Jones, we sent you one of these cards about the state-regulated insurance programs and we never got yours back. I’m visiting with all the seniors in your neighborhood who got this card. We want to make sure you know that you qualify for this benefit available for your family, and I just need a few minutes to go over it with you. May I come in?” ... here you put your head down, wipe your feet, and move toward the door.

Back in late 2016 or early 2017 there was a very good thread on doorknocking from lists with posts by goillini and other proponents. With the challenges of the new search program, I am unable to find it again, but the thread posts seemed to indicate this is still a viable option for the right person.

Back in late 2016 or early 2017 there was a very good thread on doorknocking from lists with posts by goillini and other proponents. With the challenges of the new search program, I am unable to find it again, but the thread posts seemed to indicate this is still a viable option for the right person.
I found a few, but I'm not sure which one you mean. Seems like most of them degenerated into arguments at some point.

But here are two excellent (maybe even essential!) resources for agents who want to try cold canvassing:

1) Glen Shelton's excellent blog post (I have a PDF copy saved to my Kindle reader for reference):
The Complete Guide to Door-to-Door Cold Knocking - Lead Heroes

2) Doug Massi's great video (I recommend new agents watch all of Doug's videos, as well as David Duford's vids):

$10 for a two year old lead?:D

If I were on a budget, what I would do is I’d buy a $50 list of 64 to 76 year olds, load them up in a good routing software, and go knocking. Doug Massi has a good video about this on YouTube where he suggests you print out a blank lead card and use that as part of your door pitch ... “Ms. Jones, we sent you one of these cards about the state-regulated insurance programs and we never got yours back. I’m visiting with all the seniors in your neighborhood who got this card. We want to make sure you know that you qualify for this benefit available for your family, and I just need a few minutes to go over it with you. May I come in?” ... here you put your head down, wipe your feet, and move toward the door.
I had a list from listshack with similar demographics.

By the way, at this stage of your career, any lack of discipline will eat you alive. You need to get out EARLY, stay out LATE, and don't ever rest between calls (except maybe for a quick lunch break to recharge). If you don't have enough leads, knock the neighbor's doors of the ones you do have. Stay busy.

And stop this "pretending to have an appointment" business. Just tell them what you're there for. You'll make more successful presentations by bring straight with people from the get go.

Great advice here... people get lied to all the time and they get a smell for it.

You spend a ton of time trying to win people's trust... so begin that way. :)

Latest posts

Back