• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Bye Bye Humana, Bye Bye...

You're literally taking things out of context. The OP was referring to his reduced renewals.

I'm not ignoring the costs of acquiring a policy, he was only talking about renewals. In fact, I specifically addressed that, the cost of marketing MA products is what makes it less lucrative, not so much the changes to the commissions.

Let me reiterate a point I made earlier by adding some bold.

Health agents are viewed by most americans as an extra layer of fat that's unnecessary. I disagree with that. If you disagree with it too, spread that gospel. The people you talk with every day are the ones voting for the people that pass legislation like this, win them over.

I am taking it out of context? You might want to reread the sections you quoted. Your figure of 720 comes from what he used to make 1500 in first year commission and it has been reduced to that lower figure. Yes he mentions renewals and the reality is the carrier pays renewals so that you have a reason not to move your client to another carrier and earn a new first year commission in addition to servicing the policy.

thanks Josh ...I will never buy your lists or your dialer..you are clueless

I can't please everyone. For some reason I don't think you were in the market for either, but nonetheless, my apologies for offending you and anyone that share your position regardless of how you chose to spend your marketing dollars.

Regardless of whether or not the healthcare reform act was right or who it screwed, it happened. As health agents you have a decision to make. You can either bellyache about how the world has done you wrong or you can salvage what their is to salvage and move on with your careers. If carriers were willing to pay X before I don't think the government should have interfered with that, the free market can dictate what's getting paid.

So what's it going to be? What are you going to let your future be? Exchanging sad tales of commissions lost among other health agents and finding reasons to complain about how the world has done you wrong or are you going to find another way to build the future you want for yourself?

Last edited:
I can't please everyone. For some reason I don't think you were in the market for either, but nonetheless, my apologies for offending you and anyone that share your position regardless of how you chose to spend your marketing dollars.

Regardless of whether or not the healthcare reform act was right or who it screwed, it happened. As health agents you have a decision to make. You can either bellyache about how the world has done you wrong or you can salvage what their is to salvage and move on with your careers. If carriers were willing to pay X before I don't think the government should have interfered with that, the free market can dictate what's getting paid.

So what's it going to be? What are you going to let your future be? Exchanging sad tales of commissions lost among other health agents and finding reasons to complain about how the world has done you wrong or are you going to find another way to build the future you want for yourself?

Great motivational post. Maybe you should hook up with the rockstar...:yes:

thanks Josh ...I will never buy your lists or your dialer..you are clueless

I disagree with some of what Josh says he and I have disagreed on some political positions before.

Having said that I would not disregard his list business. I know there are now more people on this board offering lists but none of them have spent the amount of time here and made offers of free lists to people for using his services...If you look back at Josh's post you will find multiple times he has offered a set of lists for free to forum members.

I disagree with some of what Josh says he and I have disagreed on some political positions before.

Having said that I would not disregard his list business. I know there are now more people on this board offering lists but none of them have spent the amount of time here and made offers of free lists to people for using his services...If you look back at Josh's post you will find multiple times he has offered a set of lists for free to forum members.

I guess it doesn't take much to buy you....:twitchy:

Josh, you are so clueless it is beyond belief.

I have hundreds of happy clients because I take the time to explain health insurance and how to save money to each of them.

Over the past 7 years, I have lowered premiums for my client base by over $3,000,000, if you don't think that is something of value to my clients then you are sadly mistaken. And before you challenge the statistics or my math again, when you have 400 clients saving an average of $2,000 a year on health insurance (which is not that difficult), the numbers add up fast.

I am not angry, I am disgusted that our country, with all its technology, has tried to put a system in place that isn't even ready for the prototype stage.

I've had the best 6 weeks of my insurance career doing exactly what I've been doing for the past 7+ years, explaining how plans work and showing my clients value in what they spend their hard earned money on, just as many others have and do.

What value do you provide to your clients, lists to annoy people that might save the caller $10-20 per thousand? That is some accomplishment for one's career.

Josh, you are so clueless it is beyond belief.

I have hundreds of happy clients because I take the time to explain health insurance and how to save money to each of them.

Over the past 7 years, I have lowered premiums for my client base by over $3,000,000, if you don't think that is something of value to my clients then you are sadly mistaken. And before you challenge the statistics or my math again, when you have 400 clients saving an average of $2,000 a year on health insurance (which is not that difficult), the numbers add up fast.

I am not angry, I am disgusted that our country, with all its technology, has tried to put a system in place that isn't even ready for the prototype stage.

I've had the best 6 weeks of my insurance career doing exactly what I've been doing for the past 7+ years, explaining how plans work and showing my clients value in what they spend their hard earned money on, just as many others have and do.

What value do you provide to your clients, lists to annoy people that might save the caller $10-20 per thousand? That is some accomplishment for one's career.

What about the people that used the health insurance and had to pay more because of higher deductibles for service? Clearly they didn't walk away with $3,000,000 more dollars over all.

Back