• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Bye Bye Humana, Bye Bye...

Josh, you are so clueless it is beyond belief.

I don't think you read the most important sentence of the paragraph I think has you this worked up. This is the third time I'll post this, maybe this time you can pause for a moment and read it:

Maybe you think you're getting screwed, but most Americans probably think you're getting paid to do almost nothing. If they can get the same rates by going to the carrier, why should you be getting paid a commission on it? To get their questions answered, why shouldn't they just call the carrier instead of calling you to call the carrier? Why not cut out the middle man? Aren't insurance agents that sell commodity type products such as health insurance outdated? Does that all piss you off? Good, go take that anger and use it to fuel proving your value to every prospect and client you talk to. Stop focusing on why you're getting screwed and turn that anger/frustration into something positive. Independent agents can provide customers with a tremendous value, but not by focusing on how much the used to make.

For the record, I vote with my dollars. I have my current health insurance with an independent broker.

As to the value I provide my clients, the answer is clearly more than you think. This thread isn't really about me though (unless you want it to be). You are worked up about the same thing thousands of other agents are and rightly so. I think that independent agents do bring a tremendous value to customers (fourth time I've said that this thread by the way).

If you take a step back, take a breath, and actually read what I said you might begin to see an overreaction.

Last edited:
What value do you provide to your clients, lists to annoy people that might save the caller $10-20 per thousand? That is some accomplishment for one's career.

You probably didn't mean that he saves people $10-20 per thousand? That's been proven false.

As far as his service, it is excellent. Prices, not so much.

Rick

You probably didn't mean that he saves people $10-20 per thousand? That's been proven false.

As far as his service, it is excellent. Prices, not so much.

Rick

Rick, your endless affection for me is truly appreciated, please never change.

I save people a great deal more than that. I also provide videos on cold calling and www.freetelemarketingscripts.com. Perhaps more importantly, I've helped new agents get started with appointments and sales without them needing to spend much money.

Rick, your endless affection for me is truly appreciated, please never change.

I save people a great deal more than that. I also provide videos on cold calling and www.freetelemarketingscripts.com. Perhaps more importantly, I've helped new agents get started with appointments and sales without them needing to spend much money.

Josh considering these people who are commenting negatively on your lists by virtue of their continued posting they keep this thread near the top of the forum and encourage you to respond thereby causing your signature to be displayed again might actually be helping you.

Josh, I can't even begin to list all of the ways you have misrepresented what I have posted or what I think.

I received the email from Humana that started the thread, it is just another case of an insurer not caring about their agents, this is something that goes on every day.

I write business for insurance companies who value my services and focus on lowering premiums and improving benefits, it's been working for me for a long time as well as my clients.

Listing a bunch of bs reasons why good agents have no value and then saying 'I don't believe that' is a bunch of crap as well-have you ever heard the term 'faint praise'?

I get paid in direct relation to the real value provided to both my client and the insurance company. The client gets my advice for free, have you ever called and spoken with a CSR at an insurance company and tried to get advice? Most of them don't even know what a deductible means.

The insurance company gets a new client at no cost other than my commission, and good agents, like myself, write business that not only sticks but stays with the company for multiple years.

To assume I am angry when I am having the best month of my insurance career is beyond dumb-I have just reached the point where I only write business for companies who appreciate me and whose premiums are competitive in the marketplace-I found the right fit for that business model about 6 weeks ago and it has worked great, that is why I was able to post another thread today while in between appointments about not writing a single exchange policy and never being happier with my business.

Listing a bunch of bs reasons why good agents have no value and then saying 'I don't believe that' is a bunch of crap as well-have you ever heard the term 'faint praise'?

Thank you for actually reading it. If you choose to refuse to believe what I said that's very different.

Like I said, I vote with my dollars, my health insurance is with an independent agent because I believe in the value they provide. Not surprisingly it's a member of this forum that lives in my state.

do I need to read this thread or just go back and write my overpriced premiums on the exchange?

Uhhhh...... Go back to writing those "overpriced" premiums on exchange.

Just like me..... everyone I've written want to hug me. Just got to find the right people.....they're out there.

Back