Claim Time with Farmers

Really, just the weekend makes it take longer and they will need to speak with their unsured, and who knows how long that will take. Like I said, my case, he spoke with them on Monday, the adjuster called me Monday morning, she was ready to meet on Tuesday, but I couldnt and we met on Wed, now I will say, they claimed 100% at fault and did anything I want to fix the car, but the injury portion has been a total joke.

Fortunately no one was hurt. Just scared by it. The airbags didn't even deploy. About another foot and it would have just been a big scare to everyone and we would have gone on about our day.

The problem is, the quarter panel got pushed back onto driver's door, so I can't open it. Combine that with my wife trying to rip the bumper off the SUV and now no car to drive until we can get one repaired. Hopefully I hear from the guy Monday morning.

Should I be concerned the adjuster has a phone with an area code from Texas and we are in Tennessee? Hopefully the guy just moved or something. I'd hate to think the adjuster has that big an area to cover.

Not at all, they have regional claims, for the call takers, it will be transferred to a local adjuster who will drive out most likely to visually inspect the car.....

You havent actually spoke with a claims adjuster yet, since its the weekend, you have only spoke with a 24 hour call center place.

The ONLY thing that will speed this up is having the other driver call in to give their version of what happened, it if takes a week or 2 for them to call in or answer farmers calls, then you could have problems.....

If you need a rental car, then go get once and Farmers will reimburse you/transfer the bill to their account, I "THINK" they use enterprise rental...........or you can call Enterprise, ask them if they are with Farmers and give them the claim number and they might not bill you, they might ask for a credit card number to be safe.........

BUT remember, you SHOULD buy the rental car insurance from them!

I'd put it on the Amex, 24.95 one time fee. Blows away what the rental company charges. And yeah, it probably is Enterprise. It seems everyone uses them.

But no, the person at the call center gave me the name and number of the adjuster that would be calling me. I have to assume that is not the contact person at the office but the actual adjuster.

I'll probably call in the morning. If looks like he'll get it going I'll hold off, otherwise I guess I'll go one myself.

The number they gave you was probably for the liability adjuster, not the property damage adjuster. The property damage adjuster will probably be local.

Dan

Post of the year candidate!

Thank you all so much. First off, I'd like to thank God for making all this possible, my family, friends, etc for all their support. Last but not definitely not least, Red Blooded American....without you this award wouldn't be possible. ;)

Will I get one of those cool little stars like you have now RBA?? :goofy:

If VolAgent wasn't at-fault, then why not ask the cop to do his job and write the accident report and maybe issue a citation to the other party?

If VolAgent wasn't at-fault, then why not ask the cop to do his job and write the accident report and maybe issue a citation to the other party?

He did. When I left he had a large pad out. So either it was his report pad or citation pad. Whichever it was, I'm sure the other one was next.

It was pretty funny. He made her call Farmers and cancel the tow. But then he wasn't too keen on calling for a tow for her vehicle or mine.

Cops usually dont write a report at the scene.......they might write the ticket, but not the report

Whee. Several calls made without even a return phone call.

I can't wait for the next time a Farmers agent or recruiter calls me.

Back