Cold Calling Door Knocking for Final Expense

I would never waste my time knocking on random doors. I place alot of value on my time though. With the cost of telemarketed leads these days and their ROI, you'd be crazy NOT to spend the money on them. With a couple hundred bucks you could be well on your way to starting your successful FE business. If you can't afford a couple hundred dollars, then you're not ready to start your own business. Takes money to make money.

I would never waste my time knocking on random doors. I place alot of value on my time though. With the cost of telemarketed leads these days and their ROI, you'd be crazy NOT to spend the money on them. With a couple hundred bucks you could be well on your way to starting your successful FE business. If you can't afford a couple hundred dollars, then you're not ready to start your own business. Takes money to make money.

You sound like someone else on the forum that has the same attitude of.."if you don't do it my way then you're wrong and therefore you shouldn't do it at all".

Different people do this job in different ways depending on their need, or what they are good at doing. For you to say that they shouldn't even try until they are in what you consider an ideal starting situation is wrong.

All I do is cold call door knock. I do it because I like meeting people the "old fashioned way" and because I need the exercise because of my health. I also find all those people that always toss their junk mail in the trash without even reading it (leads).

You sound like someone else on the forum that has the same attitude of.."if you don't do it my way then you're wrong and therefore you shouldn't do it at all". Different people do this job in different ways depending on their need, or what they are good at doing. For you to say that they shouldn't even try until they are in what you consider an ideal starting situation is wrong. All I do is cold call door knock. I do it because I like meeting people the "old fashioned way" and because I need the exercise because of my health. I also find all those people that always toss their junk mail in the trash without even reading it (leads).

In defense, most of the agents around here are looking to make money efficiently. That really should be the "given" in this forum. Most agents needs are not met by wondering around like Andy Griffith meeting people. There is usually a reason why something is "old fashion"... Because something better, new and efficient has taken its place.

I cannot think of anything more creepy and desperate than cold door knocking. To me it is the pinnacle of being sleezy and weak. Those people don't want your help otherwise they would have mailed the card in. :)

Travis

In defense, most of the agents around here are looking to make money efficiently. That really should be the "given" in this forum. Most agents needs are not met by wondering around like Andy Griffith meeting people. There is usually a reason why something is "old fashion"... Because something better, new and efficient has taken its place.

I cannot think of anything more creepy and desperate than cold door knocking. To me it is the pinnacle of being sleezy and weak. Those people don't want your help otherwise they would have mailed the card in. :)

Travis

Not a question of not wanting your help... You yourself have said they are world class procrastinators and for some that applies to sending in the card. They think, "I will send one of these in .. someday".

Canvassing my not be the most efficient way to do this business but for some it is the way they prefer.. Just like everyone doesn't have as their goal to make $250K+ per year. To each his own.

Last edited:
Not a question of not wanting your help... You yourself have said they are world class procrastinators and for some that applies to sending in the card. They think, "I will send one of these in .. someday". Canvassing my not be the most efficient way to do this business but for some it is the way they prefer.. Just like everyone doesn't not have as their goal to make $250K+ per year. To each his own.

They're world class procrastinators, however my calling does have its bounds. :)

It is a level of narcism that is unmeasurable that allows people to cold door knock and bother people for their own gain.

Leave money and goals out of the discussion. I'm talking about the creepy narcism that an agent must posse to impose on people because "they want to meet people".... This is addressed to agents who cold door knock... This is not your world and nobody wants to talk to you... you broke, cheap, door knocking friendless agent.

Travis

They're world class procrastinators, however my calling does have its bounds. :)

It is a level of narcism that is unmeasurable that allows people to cold door knock and bother people for their own gain.

Leave money and goals out of the discussion. I'm talking about the creepy narcism that an agent must posse to impose on people because "they want to meet people".... This is addressed to agents who cold door knock... This is not your world and nobody wants to talk to you... you broke, cheap, door knocking friendless agent.

Travis

Well, I guess when you are a superstar, you can resort to name calling when it comes to folks that don't do it your way.. Guess that is also the way you feel about the lady that JD told us door knocked her way to big numbers in Chicago and does not depend on leads?

Well, I guess when you are a superstar, you can resort to name calling when it comes to folks that don't do it your way.. Guess that is also the way you feel about the lady that JD told us door knocked her way to big numbers in Chicago and does not depend on leads?

If the shoe fits... You people get off track with these threads. The OP asked a question and was lucky enough to have some quality successful people respond to his question. Then somebody chimes in with some ridiculous story about cold door knocking.

You said you cold door knocked? How did that work out for you? Maybe your 2 cents is not need in every thread and after every post?

The young lady in Chicago who I know very well, who you don't, that you referenced, is not on here asking a question about cold door knocking vs leads. So don't reference hearsay to me about an agent of mine who you know only what you have read on here.

Travis

If the shoe fits... You people get off track with these threads. The OP asked a question and was lucky enough to have some quality successful people respond to his question. Then somebody chimes in with some ridiculous story about cold door knocking.

You said you cold door knocked? How did that work out for you? Maybe your 2 cents is not need in every thread and after every post?

The young lady in Chicago who I know very well, who you don't, that you referenced, is not on here asking a question about cold door knocking vs leads. So don't reference hearsay to me about an agent of mine who you know only what you have read on here.

Travis

Don't know where your bitterness and vitriol towards me comes from. I don't think I have ever spoken any way but admiringly about your achievements. And, no, I do not know the lady..but from what I have read she manages to achieve what many on here say can't be done. Others may be able to do what she does, but I would say most can't. for various reasons.

If you go back and look, my advice to the OP was to get leads.. but don't sit around and wait on them. Yes, I have door knocked over the years and i know it can work. I have developed many good relationships with clients I met in that manner. I have been invited to the weddings of their children and have even been asked by some to speak at their funeral... However, that as never my preferred way to prospect becasue I actually dislike cold knocking doors.. almost as much as I dislike canvassing on the phone. I prefer to work by referrals but that too is looked down on in this forum.

What an asinine thing to say. If no one wants to talk to me about insurance than I never would make a sale, ever. I damn sure don't appreciate being called names because of the way I work. We all "bother people for our own gain". How many people that you mail to ask to be mailed beforehand? I'd say none. I hate getting grocery store ads, but I don't call their home office and belittle them for it. I get uplines calling me looking for agents, but I don't curse them for calling. We all get "bothered" by sales people all the time and if it never worked they wouldn't keep doing it. What ever works for that particular person is right for them and it's sure not subject to your approval.

Do you sell leads? Does Fex? I don't know and I don't care. But perhaps this is your motivation for putting down those that don't buy them? I also wonder if it's just a coincidence that the two biggest "do it my way or you're dirt" members are both with Fex.

I do not know the lady..but from what I have read she manages to achieve what many on here say can't be done. Others may be able to do what she does, but I would say most can't. for various reasons.

She is a 6'2" stout young black lady... She is very sweet and charming. She bought leads for awhile and worked in inner city Chicago in low income high-rises from referrals. She may have cold knocked some I never asked her about that, I do know that most of her business was from referrals from low income complexes. Her referrals would take her from one to the next.

Her story is not a business model. It is something that worked for her by chance.

Latest posts

Back