• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cold Calling from the Car

Does phone tag transcribe the messagebetter than Goggle voice? The last one I got from goggle had me running back to the clinic.:GEEK:

I use the following and in order of best transcription:

1) Phone Tag

2) Google Voice

3) Magic Jack

I don't have an issue with either of the 1st two because I just listen to the wav file anyone. Magic Jack is not even a close 3rd.

Rick

Just an FYI. Our new Mojo Voice feature will give you some of the features of Google voice. It is on our website with a good explanation. This feature is in beta testing and it set to be released next week with our Live Lead Alert. Should be helpful.

I see you are from Texas!

I need a serious answer .
You are in the house and the car is in the garage. You start up the car and close the garage door shut, the garage does have the little small spot for air. Can you die or suffer intoxication (or how that's call) from the CO2 that the car release while you are in the house ???
I don't think so but my mom kept arguing with me and open the garage door ~_~. Unless you are deathtrap or something. I don't want to but it is winter and it's so cold to leave it open >< .

You are in the house and the car is in the garage. You start up the car and close the garage door shut, the garage does have the little small spot for air. Can you die or suffer intoxication (or how that's call) from the CO2 that the car release while you are in the house ???
I don't think so but my mom kept arguing with me and open the garage door ~_~. Unless you are deathtrap or something. I don't want to but it is winter and it's so cold to leave it open >< .
Well, I do believe I have now heard it all.

You must be joking. First of all it is not CO2. That is Carbon Dioxide. What an automobile engine exhaust contains is CO, Carbon Monoxide. CO is a an orderless, deadly gas. It can kill you in the garage and it can seep into your house and do an effective job there too. Running the car engine with the garage door closed is an excellent way of committing suicide and is used by the suicidal quite often with great results, i.e., DEATH.:yes:
BTW, it is August and it is winter in Texas? You must be in the Southern Hemisphere. Anyway, what does this have to do with insurance, unless you are concerned about the 2 year suicide exclusion clause?

Last edited:
You must be joking. First of all it is not CO2. That is Carbon Dioxide. What an automobile engine exhaust contains is CO, Carbon Monoxide. CO is a an orderless, deadly gas. It can kill you in the garage and it can seep into your house and do an effective job there too. Running the car engine with the garage door closed is an excellent way of committing suicide and is used by the suicidal quite often with great results, i.e., DEATH.:yes:
BTW, it is August and it is winter in Texas? You must be in the Southern Hemisphere. Anyway, what does this have to do with insurance, unless you are concerned about the 2 year suicide exclusion clause?

The "carbon monoxide" kills you for one simple reason. Your body likes it better than oxygen, which means that carbon monoxide attaches, and is absorbed by your cells in you bloodstream much easier and faster than oxygen does.

When this happens, oxygen has no way of entering into the cell, which means it won't perfuse to you body including your organs, which means you die

TMI, sorry

BTW, CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) can be dangerous, too. The CO2 replaces the oxygen in the air and in closed spaces your lungs can become deprived of the oxygen that is needed. At one of our Auxilirary Police training sessions, the EMS instructor told us of a case where a guy went to retrieve something from a bin that used dry ice for cooling. He lost his balance and ended up in the bin and was asphyxiated. He probably had serious frostbite, too.

BTW, CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) can be dangerous, too. The CO2 replaces the oxygen in the air and in closed spaces your lungs can become deprived of the oxygen that is needed. At one of our Auxilirary Police training sessions, the EMS instructor told us of a case where a guy went to retrieve something from a bin that used dry ice for cooling. He lost his balance and ended up in the bin and was asphyxiated. He probably had serious frostbite, too.

And that would be Extreme or Ultimate Cold Calling....heard it was a new event in next year's X Games.

Sorry...just trying to get this train wreck thread back on track.

I think it's a little unprofessional for the first initial contact. Multitasking is an excellent practice and it is a necessary skill to have if you're going to be successful in this business You have just a couple of seconds to make a good impression during the first contact and most people like to think of a professional sitting behind a nice desk in a big office somewhere...not calling them driving down the road riding around in their 1993 Nissan Sentra.

Besides the fact that I don't think you would make a very good impression on a prospect, talking on a cell phone (even with all the technology, such as auto dialing, handsfree devices, etc.) and driving is dangerous. Even if you're an excellent driver, other people (LAME JOKE OF THE DAY: there's a reason we're taught defensive driving. It's to protect us from everyone else's offensive driving) you share the road with definitely are not. So assuming your prospect doesn't suspect that you're driving down the road while you're talking to them and another driver suddenly slams into you and you yell 'Holy f'n sh*t' (you may prefer something else...that's usually my mantra in one of those situations) ,the prospect might not be amused. Or they could be totally cool about it. Who knows?

I agree with the thoughts of some of the others. If you feel like a slacker for not doing something work related on your way to work, buy some CD's related to something you think you need help with (selling, prospecting, etc.) and listen to those. The commute sucks, but there are better ways to spend your time. :1smile:

Last edited:
Back